• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On February 24, Tom Holland took to Twitter to share his opinion on the cricket stadium in Gujarat's Motera that was rechristened the Narendra Modi Stadium.

Tom Holland tweeted, "I'm a huge admirer of the modesty Modi showed in naming the world's largest cricket stadium after himself (sic)." He then added, "Not always a good sign for countries when leaders start pulling that trick...(sic) ."

Now, before you wonder why the Spider-Man star has an opinion on this, let us clear the air for you. Tom Holland who made the sarcastic comment on the Modi stadium isn't the Spider-Man actor. He is actually an English author who has published best-selling books on classical and medieval history. He is also a cricketer and avid cricket fan.

The top reply is literally someone complaining that the Queen has an Olympic stadium named after her so Tom Holland so why shouldn't Modi. 😂

Sauce

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not familiar with Indian politics obviously, but does Modi have a cult following like other strong men leaders?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
lol...first the face change controversy in the game and now this. Dude just has a bad luck.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm reading his book In the Shadow of the Sword right now lol. Not as good as Rubicon, he does love to waffle on.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to wonder why the Spider-man actor will have strong feelings regarding of an Indian Cricket stadium being named after a politician from there until I finished reading the post

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Edit: wrong tom

Forget the rest here :
He is right but why do hollywood people always need to get political ? Goes for both sides with the latest example Gina carano. Just do your job and don't play captain planet .

Iam sure disney and sony are pissed right now. What was the point ? Iam sure they won't change the name of the stadium because tom holland thinks it's a shit move .

Last edited:

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
He is right but why do hollywood people always need to get political ? Goes for both side with the latest example Gina carano. Just do you job and don't play captain planet .

Not the Tom Holland you're thinking of, lol.

tom-holland-1.jpg

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
He is right but why do hollywood people always need to get political ? Goes for both sides with the latest example Gina carano. Just do your job and don't play captain planet .

Iam sure disney and sony are pissed right now. What was the point ? Iam sure they won't change the name of the stadium because tom holland thinks it's a shit move .
Read the OP before posting

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Sounds like one of them should start going by Tommy Boy Holland to avoid confusion in the future.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
And we all know that when some dumbass tweets about boycotting something, that's fact and totally going to happen so worth reporting on.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
There's also a minor celebrity named Tom Holland in Canada, who presents fitness related stuff, and competes in marathons. (Though I think he's actually American.)

Famous Tom Hollands around the world, unite!