• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Spice & Wolf VR is out on Steam today for flat screen PC, and VR today with a 10% launch discount.

In order to achieve our dreams of entering the 2nd dimension, we will be working together with the original creators of Spice and Wolf to create a VR animation.
Anime will evolve from something that is "seen" to something that is "experienced"...

-Story-
Kraft Lawrence is a traveling merchant who meets Holo, a beautiful woman who can transform into a wolf.
As they travel together they face many hardships, such as having to walk in the rain.
In order to avoid the sudden downpour, Holo and Lawrence take shelter in an old, abandoned water mill in the woods.
They huddle around a small fire and enjoy a slightly strange but relaxing time together.
You are able to share that time together with them.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This better not awaken something inside of me

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Coming to Quest sometime this summer too, apparently! I didn't even know this existed until 5 minutes ago but I'll be there day 1.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting it to be a full story experience, but it sounds like it's just talking in a cabin. Pretty disappointed.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I just find it absurd someone would choose the switch version when they have a Vive. The set up nowhere nears justifies that much of a quality drop.
There are many people who often choose convenience over performance. That's the great thing about options, not everybody is the same with the same priorities.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping this is really good. I want to support the artists but at the end of day I'm still looking for what counts as a confusion l continuation of the story.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Oct 29, 2017
I just find it absurd someone would choose the switch version when they have a Vive. The set up nowhere nears justifies that much of a quality drop.

Switch is completely wireless and truly portable. That's a pretty huge boon in its favour (never mind the fact that it costs a mere fraction of what a Vive costs).

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
Technology Connections made a recent video with a very good point. He makes it in regards to audiophiles, but I think it applies here, and to all matters regarding Switch ports:

Most humans will happily make sacrifices to quality, for convenience. I feel that needs repeating, with greater emphasis. Most humans will quite happily make sacrifices to quality, if the experience is more convenient.

If you value quality over all else, that is fine, and we salute you in your pursuit of perfection. But, do not judge your fellow humans for tastes that are different to yours, and do not try to convince us that our standards are too low.

Last edited: