• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Human colonies on Mars may be able to expand their gene pool with shipments of sperm from Earth as a new study suggests that exposure to low gravity environments does not damage the viability of frozen samples.

Sperm exposed to microgravity on the edge of Earth's atmosphere was just as viable as sperm samples that were kept in ground conditions, a preliminary study found.

The samples were taken in a plane which went into repeated free-fall for eight seconds at a time to simulate the effects of space, to fill in the gaps on the effects of low gravity.

Researchers say the findings, although early, opens the possibility of "safely transporting male gametes to space and considering the possibility of creating a human sperm bank outside Earth."

Previous research has shown that the structure and function of human cells can be disrupted by being in a low gravity environment so she said it was important to test how reproductive cells would be affected.

"If the number of missions and spaceflights increases in the coming years, it is important to study the effects of long-term human exposure to space and probably consider thinking about the possibility of reproduction outside the Earth," Dr Boada said.

"I think this is a really interesting idea," said fertility expert Professor Allan Pacey, of Sheffield University.

"It gives you the opportunity of having female astronauts that go to Mars, they take the sperm with them to populate a new world.

"They could boldly go where no man has gone before, and won't need to go if just his sperm can go there."

Spaceballs was truly visionary before it's time.

Also, inb4 Space Force intensifies.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
So are space colonizers basically just going to be an army of space moms

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So that's why they call it panspermia
giphy.gif

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
How does an 8 second microgravity experiment test for viability of sperm and its effect over a human lifespan?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
fly me to the moon
and let me jizz among the stars

let me see what cumming's like on
jupiter and mars

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Colonizing Mars by sending a variety of sperm samples instead of fully grown humans would definitely save money. But conceptually, shipping jizz to another planet to increase the population is weirding me out.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
fly me to the moon
and let me jizz among the stars

let me see what cumming's like on
jupiter and mars

Fill my hand with mah dick
And let me wank forevermore
You are all I fap for
All I thirst and adore
On other worlds, please aim true
Above other worlds, I jizz you

Last edited:

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First, we'd have to fix the problem of sustainable resources and oxygen not being on Mars, second we'd just delay our inevitable extinction as we'd still be remaining in our Solar system.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. We've got the mile high club. Now we can have the 33.9 million miles high club.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a lot more concerned about the effects microgravity or 0.3 g would have on a developing fetus and growing children to be honest. Furthermore, I'm not even sure how you could test that sort of thing ethically, maybe start with mice and work up to humans through monkeys and such?

Regardless until that happens, it's probably best to have anybody who is pregnant stay in a centrifuge a majority of the time and children grow up mostly in it as well so there's a significant decrease in complications.

First, we'd have to fix the problem of sustainable resources and oxygen not being on Mars, second we'd just delay our inevitable extinction as we'd still be remaining in our Solar system.
One step at a time : )

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colonizing Mars by sending a variety of sperm samples instead of fully grown humans would definitely save money. But conceptually, shipping jizz to another planet to increase the population is weirding me out.
Certainly raises a whole lot of ethical questions

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, but would humans born on Mars ever be able to return to Earth?

Technically they could. But they would suffer a lot from the stronger gravity pull since their bodies would have adapted to Mars. Weaker bones, weaker muscles, stuff like that. We can already see the quick degradation with the astronauts who spend a few months in orbit. We can safely assume that a low gravity would have the same kind of consequences, especially for someone born and raised in such gravity.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The samples were taken in a plane which went into repeated free-fall for eight seconds at a time to simulate the effects of space, to fill in the gaps on the effects of low gravity.

Imagine jerking off in those conditions under the pressure to perform because everyone on the project knows what you are supposed to do. šŸ™ƒ