• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Tweet says it all, really. First 4 Figures got an invite from Rare to Microsoft's E3 presser. They recently made exclusive statues for both Conker and Banjo. Obviously it's just speculation, maybe even a huge reach, but between this and that tweet from Kirkhope a few days back, I think Rare coming out with a Banjo game might be something we'll be seeing very soon. Doesn't necessarily have to be a new one.

banjo-web-horizontal-reg-05_1.jpg

conker_exc-h-01-cover.jpg

D6syhRMXkAIzkPZ.jpg

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Money's on Conker. If it's Banjo then Banjo in Smash confirmed

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be nice but whatever it is. Especially if RARE is making it wont be out for 3-4 years maybe even more.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's necessarily a hint at anything. The invite could have just been because they're happy with the partnership.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, maybe they just got an invite for their work? I'm not seeing the link here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They are just invited because they did great work with the figurines. I don't understand the conclusion because of that.

May 5, 2018
I'd say Banjo is more likely. There seems to be more of a demand for a new game in the Banjo series or a remake of the first 2 than there is for Conker (which got a remake on OG XBOX).

I'd be more down for a new Blast Corps game as far as N64 Rare IP's go.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I've been crossing my fingers for a new Banjo every e3 and I finally gave up hope last year. Don't pull me back in...

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
I love both Banjo and Conker but I think I would love a new Conker first. Not sure how some of the crude jokes/content would land with audiences now considering our current climate.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
You think with Crash (ESPECIALLY Crash) and Spyro doing gangbusters, that MS would want to play follow-the-leader and try bringing back Banjo. Weird that they haven't made the move yet.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Oh don't raise my expectations like this man, this is the shit that makes me go bonkers

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I think we're seeing Banjo in Smash and that's it this year. I'd be delighted to be wrong about that, however.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
A new banjo game is indeed on the way but I doubt this links us to anything.

Here's hoping though. I'm not expecting any other IPs being worked on by Rare at the moment without maybe a collaborative effort.

Sea of Thieves is Rare's primary focus for better or worse.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Both would be amazing but also both just ain't happening. Maybe MS will shock us by giving us fully fledged sequels to both titles but I am not getting my hopes up.

But part stuff in other titles it's probably the most we should hope for.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Hopefully.

Even more hopefully they get a smash invitation at e3.

And even more hopefully than that, they get the Cuphead treatment.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
That would be nice but whatever it is. Especially if RARE is making it wont be out for 3-4 years maybe even more.

What? Rare has multiple teams. This could have been being worked on for over a year already. Why do you say especially if it's Rare making it like they have a history of taking a long time? They've released 3 games this gen. Not bad for 6 years.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I would love a Banjo 3. I also would not want a Banjo 3. I would want a Banjo 3 from the original team (music, audio, everyone), but we got close with Yooka Laylee and it was meh.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no faith in getting sequels for both of those games.

But hey I'll take a Conker or Banjo plushie or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
What? Rare has multiple teams. This could have been being worked on for over a year already. Why do you say especially if it's Rare making it like they have a history of taking a long time? They've released 3 games this gen. Not bad for 6 years.
Plus even if Rare has new people working there, Rare is a veteran studio that's been active since the early 80's.

Rare has always managed to pull off multiple projects but Banjo is something almost the entire needs to show passion for just like when they were developing Dream for those Rare nerds out there.