• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really hope they don't do a rushed and buggy release. Really it'll sell like crazy no matter what, but a bad release is endless shit PR and forum whining, not a good outcome.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't have to mean anything. Without specifying his sources or him acutally working at CDPR, it's still speculation, even if a bit more grounded.
I'd trust Schreier before someone actually working at CDPR though.

Even if they do announce a 2019 release date at E3, I will not believe it. I'm 100% sure it will get delayed.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if we weren't either playing it this time next year or being very close to having it in our hands

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
If it comes out in Feburary, i hope you guys are ready for the biggest downgrade of all time.

that demo was done on a single 1080ti at 1080p 30 fps with god knows what kind of CPU. if it releases in 8 months before next gen consoles then the current gen versions and the PC version along with it is going to get downgraded to oblivion just like witcher 3.

My I9 PC is already better then what we'll get from next gen systems. If my comp will have problems running it then it would have to be downgraded to run on next gen systems anyway.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
If it comes out in Feburary, i hope you guys are ready for the biggest downgrade of all time.

that demo was done on a single 1080ti at 1080p 30 fps with god knows what kind of CPU. if it releases in 8 months before next gen consoles then the current gen versions and the PC version along with it is going to get downgraded to oblivion just like witcher 3.

Uhhh hm. They've had a substantial amount of time (Maybe all of development) developing for current gen. It might be a bit "downgraded" for current gen consoles due to power difference, but I don't see a reason that this should substantially affect the PC version. I especially think the PC version will have a lot of options because we are almost undoubtedly (If the game releases before next gen) getting a version for next gen consoles, so they're developing for a very wide range of systems (Base XB1 to next gen consoles to top tier PC).

Also not that you were saying anything contrary to this but I want to reiterate: This game was always coming out for current-gen. It was always being developed with base XB1 in mind.

Also, with all the predictions and shenanigans going around, I almost want to make some bets... if it gets announced for 2019, if it gets delayed, release date, etc.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really hope they don't do a rushed and buggy release. Really it'll sell like crazy no matter what, but a bad release is endless shit PR and forum whining, not a good outcome.

The forums are gonna be awful to read regardless. We could probably write all the posts now and be ready for when it comes out.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Don't know... Today I had to work on something at work about the pre-orders of the game, for current generation consoles + PC. What if it wasn't that far?

Mac Dalton

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think it will be a launch next Xbox game.. (not exclusive). So early till late 2020.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't have to mean anything. Without specifying his sources or him acutally working at CDPR, it's still speculation, even if a bit more grounded.

Apart from that I also don't think it's coming this year. CDPR needs time to polish their games and if they are going to treat their employees right, you give them time for a 2020 release.

Not that we all have nothing to play until then...
Jason's word is worth a bit more than the ramblings of someone on Era.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh hm. They've had a substantial amount of time (Maybe all of development) developing for current gen. It might be a bit "downgraded" for current gen consoles due to power difference, but I don't see a reason that this should substantially affect the PC version. I especially think the PC version will have a lot of options because we are almost undoubtedly (If the game releases before next gen) getting a version for next gen consoles, so they're developing for a very wide range of systems (Base XB1 to next gen consoles to top tier PC).

Also not that you were saying anything contrary to this but I want to reiterate: This game was always coming out for current-gen. It was always being developed with base XB1 in mind.

Also, with all the predictions and shenanigans going around, I almost want to make some bets... if it gets announced for 2019, if it gets delayed, release date, etc.
the PC versions always get downgraded because devs dont want to manage 3 different builds of the same game. Watch Dogs, Witcher 3, Anthem, Rainbow Six Seige all got massively downgraded because of consoles, and the devs didnt bother keeping those amazing lighting and foliage for the PC versions.

they will just release 60 fps 4k versions for the next gen consoles and call it a day.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
I know one of Jason's sources(the three Jason mentioned in the tweet), and I know the reason why they(the source) thinks/knows CDPR is aiming at 2019. That's also the reason I'm still on team 2019

Last edited:

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
the PC versions always get downgraded because devs dont want to manage 3 different builds of the same game. Watch Dogs, Witcher 3, Anthem, Rainbow Six Seige all got massively downgraded because of consoles, and the devs didnt bother keeping those amazing lighting and foliage for the PC versions.

they will just release 60 fps 4k versions for the next gen consoles and call it a day.

Despite the downgrade talk surrounding Witcher 3 (Wasn't following the game at the time so only heard about it years later), doesn't CDPR often give pretty good options for its PC versions? Also even 4K60 may be generous, might just be 4K30 with textures that aren't scaled down if the current gen versions get scaled down textures.

I think I understand why they're limited in regards to builds but I would be surprised if they haven't given this awkward generation situation some thought. They certainly don't want the game to look poorly on current gen, but hamstringing the PC version and the next gen versions? I don't know, seems potentially a bit careless.

I guess we'll see what it looks like in a few days. If it already looks worse than the original 48 minute demo then I guess we'll have a better idea of its trajectory.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know one of Jason's sources(the three Jason mentioned in the tweet), and I know the reason why he(the source) thinks/knows CDPR is aiming at 2019. That's also the reason I'm still on team 2019
To be clear, the three sources I'm referring to in my tweet are people who work or have worked on the game. All of those people told me that 1) the game was planned for 2019 and 2) they think there's no chance it'll come out in 2019.

If you're referring to the other person who reached out to me, that's not one of my sources.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
TW3 had a bunch of issues at launch. The fully patched game had so many QoL fixes that I almost regret not waiting. Hopefully CDPR takes its time.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
At least I have some time to upgrade my PC.

That's precisely my take on it.
I'm hoping for a 7/7/20 release, so that it doesn't by any chance coincide with the Bloodlines 2 release date. Because to see Bloodlines 2 get killed in sales by Cyberpunk would be just be tragic, as these are probably my 2 most anticipated games at the moment.

Oct 31, 2017

Given that they are going to release it "on current gen" regardless of how far from completion it may be, that's not a very strong argument.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I actually think there's a decent chance they say at E3 it's coming in November 2019 and then delay it to early 2020.
Oh you!

Stirring the pot again lol!
Oh you sweet summer child...

Obviously you were not part of #Team2019 for TLOU2. Our hopes and dreams... shattered. Destroyed. Turn... to ashes. We were SO sure about 2019. So fucking sure...
LOL there's a lot of evidence to support the game releasing at the end of this year, or the first couple of months at the beginning of next year - a lot more evidence than there is to support the same theory for The Last of Us 2 and I was on team 2019 for that too :)
They want to release two AAA games before 2021, so the sooner they get 2077 out the sooner they can get a full team on whatever that other game is.
This.

Look at Death Stranding - the majority of people would've figured that Cyberpunk 2077 would have released before Death Stranding, or that Death Stranding wasn't coming out until mid-to-late 2020 or even 2021 - and look at it now - it's coming out November 8th of this year.

Everyone needs to bear in mind just how long Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development - it was being worked on for a long while before 2015.

And by the way, Jason Schreier is also agreeing that it's going to come out this year or early next year, so those saying mid-to-late 2020 or even 2021 *but you're also agreeing with Jason* need to remember what it is that he is saying LOL

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Even if it were just barely possible for the game to hit 2019, I wouldn't want it to. The game shouldn't be rushed.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
May 2020 is very soon depending on your actual real life age. For me that is super quick as frankly it was Christmas about a week ago. Time flies the older you get. Or I'm more accepting of time passing and waiting for games has become bearable to me. It will come out and you'll buy it. Until then play other games.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
There will be a lot of crow eating when it releases in 2019.

#team2019
Yup.
Even if it were just barely possible for the game to hit 2019, I wouldn't want it to. The game shouldn't be rushed.
The game isn't being rushed - please re-read the OP. The game has been in development longer than 4 years and even at that, CD Projekt Red themselves say that their game development time is between 2 and 4 years - this exceeds that timeframe and all of the available evidence points to it being very close to release.

On a side note, I wonder why the title of this thread was altered because I didn't add "speculation" or "(maybe)" at the beginning and tail end of the thread title. All of the available evidence substantially points to it releasing soon - as in the end of this year, or in the first few months of next year.

Even Jason Schreier agrees!!

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
On the plus side, I'd imagine we'll be getting a release date, or at least a release window, at E3. We know CDPR will be there, maybe part of Microsoft's conference?

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the belief that this drops this year.

This always seemed like a guaranteed 2020 release to me.

But then, I guess I thought the same of Death Stranding.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I still don't understand how they're going to even hit a 2020 release date with a game of this size and scope if it's only been in full development since, what, like 2017?