• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo squalo

Nov 25, 2017
What i dont understand is why Erdogan gave up his bugs in the embassy to prove the saoudis killed kashoggi. WHy would he do that?
He had to gain something really big from it to give up such an advantage right. I m pretty sure Erdogan doesnt give a fuck about a dead journalist.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, if that's true, that's something else and don't forget Kushner is desperate for money and loans.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
What i dont understand is why Erdogan gave up his bugs in the embassy to prove the saoudis killed kashoggi. WHy would he do that?
He had to gain something really big from it to give up such an advantage right. I m pretty sure Erdogan doesnt give a fuck about a dead journalist.

He got Syria.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
The Spectator UK edition is a long-running and previously respectable and thoughtful conservative magazine that has recently degenerated the way all these previously respectable and thoughtful conservative magazine/newspapers have: i.e. printing columns for garbage contrarians, racists and sexists who say the quiet part out loud, free speech nutbars and in one case last year, a fucking Greek neo nazi who legit wrote a piece originally titled "In praise of Wehrmacht: The real story of D-Day is the heroism of the German soldiers who were vastly outnumbered but fought nobly and to the death". It probably wouldn't print rumours like this if didn't have decent sources however.

How much that translates to the US edition I have no idea.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And this is why you don't give security clearance to shit eaters like Kushner. Not only should he be allowed any access to top level security information, his dukbass has no clue how to prevent it from being intercepted. These fucking morons use text messages and their cell phones to conduct top level secret business.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
The Spectator UK edition is a long-running and previously respectable and thoughtful conservative magazine that has recently degenerated the way all these previously respectable and thoughtful conservative magazine/newspapers have: i.e. printing columns for garbage contrarians, racists, sexists, free speech nutbars and in one case last year, a fucking Greek neo nazi who legit wrote a piece originally titled "In praise of Wehrmacht: The real story of D-Day is the heroism of the German soldiers who were vastly outnumbered but fought nobly and to the death". It probably wouldn't print rumours like this if didn't have decent sources however.

How much that translates to the US edition I have no idea.

This is my thought as well. I'm not familiar with this source and it doesn't really inspire confidence at first glance. I think everyone here, especially the reactionary "HOLY SHIT!" posts on the front page, need to slow down a bit here and take it with a grain of salt. I say this as someone that wouldn't be surprised at all if this is true, given Trump's track record, but regardless, we could use some secondary validation of this before we dive in believing it full-tilt.

HaraChisu

Dec 12, 2017
If that's true and the full story comes out it's not going to look good for Kusher/Trump. Yeah... we'll throw some regional security under the bus to save face.

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
Please stop posting these wild, unverified conspiracy theories. It's just as dangerous as Fox News.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting for the official confirmation on this, but goddamn that's fucking insane if this is true.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
If this is true, not only the Trump should pay but Turkey too.
What about MH17? 298 people were murdered. And here we are, five years later and no one/country is/has been held responsible.
These countries do whatever the fuck they want and no one can do fuck all.
Kashoggi was murdered by MBS, everyone knows it and what happened? Fuck all. Such is life, unfair as fuck.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I want to believe, but without additional reports and sources I just don't think it's likely true unfortunately.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
If this is true, this would certainly be the nail in the coffin no?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Holy shit. There's no way this is true. If it is it's insane and is such a massive national security problem Trump and Kushner both need to be removed immediately

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If true, this should help nail impeachment. But GOP is so off their rockers stupid and crazy. So we'll see.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
If this is true, this would certainly be the nail in the coffin no?

If this was true, even the current GOP would probably kick Trump out of office.

But I kinda doubt it's true. There's no way a scandal of this scale would stay under wraps in an administration as disfunctional and leaky as this one.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
If Trump had an excuse to get Ivanka's husband out of the way, don't we think he'd jump at it?

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If this is true, the son in law of the sitting president of the United States helped/let a foreign power assassinate a journalist, which eventually led to the President being blackmailed into letting Turkey invade Syria, with Russia as an arbitrator. This is beyond the pale.

"It's disturbing, but not impeachable." - Republicans everywhere.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It would explain why Trump rolled over so easily to Turkeys demands, nearly sabotaging efforts to takeout ISIS' leader in the process.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Holy shit.

edit: If it's true then I hope Trump cuts ties with Kushner and lets him get dragged away.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Well look at what Joaquin Castro said an entire year ago.

"On CNN Friday morning, U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio, without citing evidence or sources, suggested that President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner may have played a role in the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

"Let me get to the point that I think is most disturbing right now," Castro said to CNN reporter Poppy Harlow in Friday's interview. "The reporting that Jared Kushner may have with U.S. intelligence delivered a hit list — an enemies list — to the crown prince, to [Mohammed bin Salman], in Saudi Arabia and that the prince then may have acted on that, and one of the people that he took action against is Mr. Khashoggi."

Maybe because I was following Al Jazeera Arabic's reporting at the time, but I'm pretty sure it was widely reported that MBS and Kushner discussed Khashoggi before his fateful visit to the consulate, that the Turks have intercepted the communication and have already bugged the building etc.

If anything, the only "new" thing is that the existence of this evidence was Turkey's bargaining chip to make America withdraw from northern Syria.

I guess people are just completely ignoring these posts, 🤷‍♂️ .

It does look like this was hinted at, probably known, being connected a while back.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Well look at what Joaquin Castro said an entire year ago.

"On CNN Friday morning, U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio, without citing evidence or sources, suggested that President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner may have played a role in the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

"Let me get to the point that I think is most disturbing right now," Castro said to CNN reporter Poppy Harlow in Friday's interview. "The reporting that Jared Kushner may have with U.S. intelligence delivered a hit list — an enemies list — to the crown prince, to [Mohammed bin Salman], in Saudi Arabia and that the prince then may have acted on that, and one of the people that he took action against is Mr. Khashoggi."

I don't think Joaquin Castro's statements were widely reported, because I don't remember him saying that a year ago.

However what interesting statements to have said a year ago, especially now after reading this new report from spectator.us. I wonder if a more well known journalistic media source will verify or confirm this?

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I hope this one is true so that people will finally act against the Trump administration.

But an unverified rumor isn't enough, we need hard proof and people willing to testify.

plz plz let this one finally bring about the downfall of Trump.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
So, in summary, Kushner fucked up and gave the greenlight for the arrest, which lead to the murder and became an international incident. Turkey has proof of his fuck up and used it to blackmail Trump to let them have a crack at the Kurds. If true, that's surely worse than what he did with the Ukraine?

Though it doesn't make much sense...surely the blowback from the betrayal of the Kurds would always be worse than Kushner being (presumably unwittingly) implicated in the Khashoggi murder?

Perhaps it wasn't unwittingly? Perhaps the blackmail material includes Kushner and MBS talking about what MBS planned on doing, and Kushner giving him the green light?

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Need a better source. Spectator USA hasn't really broken any major news stories to my knowledge so for them to come out with a major bombshell like this is a bit suspicious. Waiting for WaPo/NYT.

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way this is true. Scandals like that only exist as plot twists in TV shows.

Will happily eat my words and watch this administration burn if it turns out to be true though.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Not believing this until I see more sources, but I thought that we already knew that Turkey had evidence of how this started and what happened exactly. They were very clear about this when kashoggi was first killed. I never put anything past trump and his cronies. Dude literally does shady shit every single fucking day.

Status
Not open for further replies.