• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, in summary, Kushner fucked up and gave the greenlight for the arrest, which lead to the murder and became an international incident. Turkey has proof of his fuck up and used it to blackmail Trump to let them have a crack at the Kurds. If true, that's surely worse than what he did with the Ukraine?

Though it doesn't make much sense...surely the blowback from the betrayal of the Kurds would always be worse than Kushner being (presumably unwittingly) implicated in the Khashoggi murder?

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
If this is true it would explain why we fucked the Kurds over. Given where all the sources on Kashogi came from it's believable the Turkish government would have proof.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We'll likely never get the hard evidence we need, just like we never did with whatever Russia has on Trump. But I live in hope, because if this is true--and damn if it isn't plausible--then the Trump administration is compromised at a staggering and catastrophic level, and needs to be immediately stopped even more so than they already need to be.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Though it doesn't make much sense...surely the blowback from the betrayal of the Kurds would always be worse than Kushner being (presumably unwittingly) implicated in the Khashoggi murder?

This is Trump we're talking about. If the world found out his son-in-law not only caused a highly publicised murder but also left enough evidence that Turkey was able to use it blackmail the White House, imagine what that would do to his image in America.

He really doesn't care what happens in the Middle East.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is Trump we're talking about. If the world found out his son-in-law not only caused a highly publicised murder but also left enough evidence that Turkey was able to use it blackmail the White House, imagine what that would do to his image in America.

He doesn't care but a lot of senior members of his own party did. Lucky for him he got Turkey to back off

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what America you're all from, but the America I know mass murders innocent people all the time.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
In this case I guess I mean that Turkey is no-longer overtly trying to take more territory and is nominally respecting a ceasefire, having achieved some of its aims. Which is probably good enough for the republicans.
All of which was engineered not by Trump but by Putin. No, I am not kidding. Oh, also the Kurds took shelter from Turkey by making a deal with...Assad.

Yeah.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
You should probably mention somewhere in the OP that this is coming from a gossip/rumor column.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'll wait for verification but I can believe it. Kushner (junior and senior) are slimy fuckers, read up on what Charles did to his own family for a measure of their morals
I've never heard of the dad before but you certainly peaked (sp) my interest. This report is definitely in the realm of possibility but I'd like for it to be corroborated first. Kushner is way too close to the prince and he has no idea what he's doing. They are such morons and evil people that I could see them trading jamals life for some business dealings. Fucking sick.

Deleted member 14459

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Evidently I don't read The American Spectator - have they been relevant in uncovering political scandals since the 1990s? Are they considered to still have access to the echelons of political power - my 2nd hand understanding is that they are rather peripheral in the political media landscape - so while I hope this is true, I remain a bit skeptical that it's them breaking this story..

edit: shit. ignore my question I see it's Spectator I USA - which I know even less of... I didn't even know they had a US edition, lol.

OP
OP
Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
"This source claims that Turkish intelligence obtained an intercept of the call between Kushner and MBS. And President Erdogan used it to get Trump to roll over and pull American troops out of northern Syria before the Turks invaded."

The most important part that people won't get from just reading the title.
The title should be edited by a mod to include that it was allegedly used to blackmail Trump, that's the big deal here.

Also, there's a free 2-3 articles limit on that site, make sure you read it all.
Like, I agree and don't strongly object to the title change. But I want to stress that this is an unverified gossip in only one newish paper, and the second part was a single lone source that builds on what is essentially already a rumor. With ostensibly multiple sources it's somewhat credible that Kushner played a part in Khashoggi's apprehension, but all the rest should be taken with a fine helping of salt and very likely will never be proven. That's why I didn't shout it in the thread title.

Last edited:

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're getting hopeful from this you need to pump the breaks, the chances of this being true AND there being iron clad evidence of it are very, very slim. Without proof it's a story that will go nowhere.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. If Schiff knows this one would expect he'd be pushing back against the idea that the impeachment inquiry is limited to Ukraine.

Doomshroom

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This sounds to good to be true. Im sure Trump would throw Kushner under the bus Before making himself look like an idiot and pull out of Syria.

but lets hope not.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We all know kushner is taking care of the middle east for his own benefit: it's been well publicized that he needs kush money to help his failing businesses. Bending over for the saudi prince makes sense.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We all know kushner is taking care of the middle east for his own benefit: it's been well publicized that he needs kush money to help his failing businesses. Bending over for the saudi prince makes sense.

I can't wait for next year. Once Trump is no longer in the White House, all those walls he wanted to build are going to come crashing down.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of the dad before but you certainly peaked (sp) my interest. This report is definitely in the realm of possibility but I'd like for it to be corroborated first. Kushner is way too close to the prince and he has no idea what he's doing. They are such morons and evil people that I could see them trading jamals life for some business dealings. Fucking sick.
The word you were looking for is piqued.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017

My exact utterance.

I know the US has this whole due process is kinda optional thing with CIA blacksites and stuff, but if this turns out to be true Kushner belongs before a court. Preferably an international one, in a sane world and not the joke we live in.

OP
OP
Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
This is not a reliable source
With a source like this, you might as well not post it.
I'm starting to get second thoughts myself. I checked mediabiasfactcheck, which says it has a factual record, and it's the same publisher as The Daily Telegraph, which, you know, is not great but also not a tabloid. But I see their American branch is *very* recent, and this scoop seems too large for them.

Gold Rush

Nov 29, 2017
I'm gonna have to classify this as fan-fiction until it it gets corroborated. It's just too cray-cray to accept at first glance.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, Kushner helped set up a murder?

On Trump's behalf?

Sounds way too evil to be true.

The Crown Prince might not have clued them in on the murder and torture part of their plans. He might've framed it as an "arrest" of a journalist: a member of Trump's most hated class.

I haven't read the story. Don't know the particulars of its claim. But the way Trump reacted with denial, minimization, deflection, justifications re: the Khashoggi case, it's glaringly obvious the Trump admin enabled the kidnapping, torture, and murder of this man. They may not have known they would've done him in so brutally, but it would be shocking if members of the Trump admin didn't know they would take him into custody at least.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm starting to get second thoughts myself. I checked mediabiasfactcheck, which says it has a factual record, and it's the same publisher as The Daily Telegraph, which, you know, is not great but also not a tabloid. But I see their American branch is *very* recent, and this scoop seems too large for them.
The telegraph's political coverage is the worst of the broadsheets these days tbh. It's daily mail tier shite.

The times isn't for me and is Murdoch owned but it atleast some times breaks stuff that is negative to the Tories.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The stupidity of the Trumps does make a case for them being used as puppets to help the Saudi's get Khashoggi, but why Trump feel pressured to pull out troops for Erdogan to keep it quiet?

Would not the CIA already secretly explained it to everyone?

The GoP probably knows all of this. It doesn't seem like something damaging enough for Trump to pull out troops to keep it quiet.

I think a simpler reason exists. Trump was offered shares of that Russian oil company that would be drilling in Syria, once the Kurds pulled out. (Or were wiped out).

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Spectator is run by that Trump goon, no? What's his name. The Nazi guy who got fired from CNN? Jeffrey Lord?

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Welp then, if this comes true (i mean most likely), then i agree with Trump on one thing..

"You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now,"

Oct 31, 2017
I would hold off on believing this until you see it from a better source. The Spectator is a hard right publication that was running adoring articles about Steve Bannon a couple of years back. It's basically the Daily Mail with literary pretensions.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This is bullshit. When Erdogan threatened Trump over the intercepted Kushner call, was no one in White House listening?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
US ERA, help me understand something.If true, does this actually mean Jared goes to jail? Seems like Trump is above the law and could try to block this from happening.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I need proof. I think trump wouldn't hesitate to throw ANYONE under the bus. It's what he does. He doesn't care if they're family or not. If they tried to blackmail Jared then Jared would be on his own. If anything, if Trump IS involved it would probably be to say he's okay with the murder, which he's already proven he is okay with it, because we've done fuck-all to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.