• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dementia is more than a slowing down, especially in the upper 70s and into your 80s where that's prevalent as is. Trump definitely shows more of it than Mueller does. Mueller clearly, while slow to respond and maybe a bit hard of hearing, knows where he is and responds clearly and in kind and has his wits about him. Trump, while still pretty lucid, shows a lot more genuine confusion and erratic behavior. I'm not saying either one of them has it, but out of the two, Trump is definitely more within my understanding of it. I have had family/family friends with it to varying degrees, but like most mental health problems it's varied per person. But from my perspective Mueller is just... you know, older. The processing speed is a bit slower but the end result is still sound and solid.

I read a thing about him being unable to read because of dyslexia. Then I saw his handwritten notes where he spelled people as 'peopel' and I began to believe it. That might be a big part of it. Is it possible that issues with dyslexia could get worse with advanced age?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I get what you are saying, but I don't think you can argue the Mueller report really hurt Trump. Certainly not in the polls. He got a bump out of it. With all that juicy evidence, it didn't matter. I'm pragmatic here. I want him gone. In fact, what I want is even more substantial than that if I'm honest. I crave justice despite knowing we don't live in a just world. I don't have confidence impeachment will succeed when Trump keeps winning and winning every time the Dems try a stunt like today. Next time might be different, but I personally have my doubts.

A poll just came out today (Economist/YouGov) that says his favorability is at...41%.

His ratings won't go lower than that because that's the absolute floor of Republican support in this country.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A poll just came out today (Economist/YouGov) that says his favorability is at...41%.

His ratings won't go lower than that because that's the absolute floor of Republican support in this country.

I think he's locked into 41% - 43%. The economy is the only thing that could tank him lower. He went lower over the government shutdown, too.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This fucking blowhard thinks he won today. Mueller essentially said he committed crimes and can be held accountable for them when he's out of office. Jesus fucking christ.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Trump:

lost.gif

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I read a thing about him being unable to read because of dyslexia. Then I saw his handwritten notes where he spelled people as 'peopel' and I began to believe it. That might be a big part of it. Is it possible that issues with dyslexia could get worse with advanced age?

I would definitely assume any learning disability progresses with age, yeah. I'm not super informed on it though.

Why does it always sound like Trump always give interviews next to a PS4? Can barely hear the reporters

He's always doing them next to the air force helicopter.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Mueller sat there as a confident man not giving a damn what people think. He knew that republicans would shout and scream their 5 minutes away. He answered exactly the questions he wanted to answer. He's a patient man, did what he had to do and history will tell the us how this ends. Not sure what you expected from this.

"Demented"?.... No. Jesus Christ.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I utterly confused. Mueller looks and sounds like a person suffering from dementia.
To be fair, you're asking him to be able to precisely recall facts and quotes from a 400+ page document, to process disparate questions asked rapid-fire from a number of different askers, many of whom were going completely crazy. I think he did fine.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
To be fair, you're asking him to be able to precisely recall facts and quotes from a 400+ page document, to process disparate questions asked rapid-fire from a number of different askers, many of whom were going completely crazy. I think he did fine.

Yeah, saying refer to the report means that he won't get caught when what he says in the hearing and what is in the report doesn't precisely match up. There is nobody on earth that can immediately recall everything that is in a 400+ page condensed report under rapid questions like that. Especially to blood sucking people trying to get more of a speech than an actual question during their five minutes and looking at every little thing you say not to listen but to be able to use your words against you. Absolutely nothing good can ever come out of a situation like that.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I cant recall, who was the shitbird who interrupted in the last minutes of Democratic questioning who demanded to know if the whole point of the hearing was to hear Mueller say that Trump should be impeached?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
"I didn't expect more than this," Rep. Jared Huffman of California said in a brief interview with BuzzFeed News several hours into the hearings. "I do think it's a bit of a dud, but that's what I was expecting all along. … The bigger takeaway is probably the questions he refuses to answer."
Huffman, who has called for an impeachment inquiry, continued, "That leaves us in a frustrating place. Frankly, our Democratic majority has pinned a lot on Mueller and his report… In retrospect, we made some tactical mistakes."
Turns out relying on a republican was a bad idea. Hopefully we wont make that mistake again.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nancy Pelosi isn't impeaching. Good luck if you keep putting faith in her doing anything other than trying to make quips on camera and saying how bad Trump is without actually doing anything about it.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 400+ page document that he co-wrote with a large staff, at that lol
"Lol"
How much of it do you think he ACTUALLY "wrote"? I would guess very little. That's what the attorneys he hired are for.
I bet if you wrote a 400 page report, you wouldn't have anything close to immediate recall under such questioning. Few could.
Yeah, saying refer to the report means that he won't get caught when what he says in the hearing and what is in the report doesn't precisely match up. There is nobody on earth that can immediately recall everything that is in a 400+ page condensed report under rapid questions like that. Especially to blood sucking people trying to get more of a speech than an actual question during their five minutes and looking at every little thing you say not to listen but to be able to use your words against you. Absolutely nothing good can ever come out of a situation like that.
Yep.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Wasn't able to watch it earlier. I hesitate to ask if we got anything new but maybe anything worthwhile?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
They most certainly did.
I like looked it up and they were averaged higher than where Trump is right now before he was impeached and didn't plummet until right at the end of his presidency to 25%. So I am wrong since he was still in office at that point but man, I'm not sure what the Dem gameplan is here when the Nixon roadmap isn't one worth following.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
It's pretty incredible because I really don't think we've ever had anyone in recent history more deserving of impeachment. Way more than Nixon or Clinton.

You think a president who actually committed a crime and engaged in a years long cover-up is less impeachable than one who possibly obstructed justice over a crime they didn't commit? That is an amazing read on the current situation and history.