• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Progressive critics and advocacy groups are responding with alarm and anger to the Trump administration's refusal to disclose the names of more than 4.5 million companies that have collectively received over $500 billion in corporate bailout money through a federal program created to provide businesses with relief from the coronavirus pandemic.

www.commondreams.org

'Speaking of Looting...': Trump Admin. Refuses to Disclose Corporate Recipients of $500 Billion in Coronavirus Bailout Funds

"This is outrageous AND exactly what was obviously going to happen AND exactly why many of us opposed CARES as written."

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
www.vox.com

Why major food and hotel chains are getting stimulus money meant for small businesses

Ruth’s Chris, Potbelly, and Shake Shack are just a few companies that have gotten small-business loans.

www.wsj.com

WSJ News Exclusive | Dallas Hotel Owner Is Biggest Beneficiary of Coronavirus Loan Program

Two lodging companies affiliated with hotelier Monty Bennett are poised to receive $46 million in loans from the U.S. Paycheck Protection Program. One of them has stopped payments on most of its debt but still paid Mr. Bennett and his father millions of dollars in preferred dividends.

www.businessinsider.com

A luxury hotel company that owns multiple Ritz-Carltons received millions in small-business aid thanks to a loophole in the coronavirus bailout program

A trio of hotel companies chaired by Dallas hotel exec Monty Bennett benefited the most from the coronavirus bailout for small businesses.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the least surprising news. Of course he'd use this shit as his personal bribe fund. I wonder if any of it went to businesses explicitly owned by Trump.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine you'd find the names of a lot of donors to Trump's campaign on the list of recipients.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Fucking disgusting.

Western Life looks all shiny, nice, modern on the surface.

But in reality we are basically living the feudal system with the smokes and mirrors of modern clothing and modern verbiage on top.

The words are different. Instead of Kings, Lords etc. it's Presidents, CEOs etc.

Same shit, different words. Just because living standards have improved over historical times we are expected to just take it as it is.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking disgusting.

Western Life looks all shiny, nice, modern on the surface.

But in reality we are basically living the feudal system with the smokes and mirrors of modern clothing on top.

The words are different. Instead of kings, lords etc. it's Presidents, CEOs etc.

Same shit, different words. Just because living standards have improved over historical times we are expected to just take it as it is.
Read this thread

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar

Thank you for sharing that, very powerful writing.

My personal highlight, which I have recently been arguing with my parents about, is this bit:

" We're seeing that we can just, change things ourselves. This planet belongs to us all"

My parents unfortunately are fatalists with no vision. "Things are just how they are, nothing we can do about it".

I'm actually from the UK where things are relatively better than the USA, but our government is trying their best to turn us into America.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how you pass a bill and no one in congress can even see what is actually going on or where this money is actually going? This should be law.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Duh.. they canned the guy that was supposed to keep track of the money before it even started being distributed. You didn't think they did that for no reason, did you?

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
They are also refusing to release the names to the oversight commission created for it. That is clearly breaking the law

Howdyjacker

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
He is so crooked I just wish someone would kill him already.

Brazenly corrupt, unabashedly dirty in every sense and every way.

How do white people still think he's looking out for their best interest?

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to make 2008 look like light threads of inequality.

Failed state.