• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Spawn Wave did an interesting temperature test on his PS5, one interesting thing, the system get the too hot message but it let you keep playing

Seb

Oct 25, 2017
Toulouse
It's interesting how it's fairly hot idle but barely goes up under load (in the open). That's how I have it so it's all good but now I wonder if the point of the extreme design isn't to discourage people to have it enclosed.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ps4 had a similar way of displaying the system was overheating, you could press X to keep going. It eventually forced the console off though, as it happened to mine many times. I imagine the 5 has A system similar in place, even if the video doesn't get that far.

Joker22Hero

Nov 3, 2020
what is the worst that could happen if it gets hot? Will it burn or do only the metal things melt?

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting video.

I think it only gives the message because it will thermal throttle to maintain "safe" temperatures, only in very extreme cases it will shutdown.

This is the first time that a console works this way, right?

acebeam

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 23, 2020
Are these results different than Gamernexus?

Yes. Quite a bit. Regarding RAM, Spawn got temperature 79 degrees with plates on console, Nexus got 88 C with no plates

temps-640x361.jpg

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe its not. He did the exact same thing like Nexus. Btw. Klein Tools MM400 is very good multimeter device.
Weird if true that is a MASSIVE thermal variance across two of the same platforms.
And ya Klein are pretty good. Which is why I was wondering if something went wrong.