• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I played normal classic & most of the route was pretty simple. There were a couple of maps where thieves all of a sudden thieves had silver swords & could rip through you if you weren't careful, but it wasn't very challenging overall. I'm excited to start my Hard Mode New Game + this evening.

You're complaining about difficulty after playing it on the easiest difficulty setting? 🤔

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad, the gameplay, art, and presentation are all great and the writing is actually solid now unlike Fate's shockingly bad bullshit.

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps this game could be on the road to 5 million. It seems to be beating out every other Fire Emblem in nearly every market by a wide margin and hopefully it'll have decent legs to boot. With just how good the game has been so far, it more than deserves it

Even the Paralogues have been pretty easy (though they're slightly more interesting in terms of objectives, I'll give you that).

Well I'm actually on Classic :P
Wait, you're playing on Normal? Dude, just play on Hard...on Casual then in later run to minimize any annoyances

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Easily my GOTY so far. I'm really looking forward to see the world wide sales data with digital included!

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not complaining at all... I was just stating my experience & that I'm excited to try the harder difficulty setting... Not sure where in there was me complaining about the difficulty?
"Goodness, there's no challenge to this." sounds like a complaint?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
We'll know on Monday, since France and Germany data is staggered by one week.
No clue about Italy, though.
I'm sure that French sales will be as good or even better, France loves anime and Nintendo as much as Spain o even more.
Thank you, this game absolutely deserves good sales so that they can understand it is a correct path to follow. I also think that in France sales will be quite good, for this reason it will be interesting to analyze the data.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
At least for me, about 30 hours in/Chapter 9, all paralogues and side quests cleared, the map design is blah, the objectives are lame, and goodness, there's literally no challenge to this (one of the "hard missions" took me three turns to clear).
I'm pretty miffed about that, but on the other hand, it's so incredibly well written and engrossing that I swallow the bitter pill anyway.
Didn't you make the thread about playing it on easiest mode and not being ashamed :P

As for me I did Normal Casual bc i suck at these types of games but it has been pretty easy which is kind of a relief because the story is getting so good I just wanna keep progressing. Plus it feels good to have my students be so great on the battlefield, like I really haven't failed them at being a good teacher lol.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
"Goodness, there's no challenge to this." sounds like a complaint?

Re-read what you quoted. I didn't say that. Did you misquote someone? I said it was "pretty simple" & "wasn't very challenging overall," but that doesn't remotely mean I didn't enjoy it. My plan the whole time was normal for the first route & hard for subsequent routes when I learn the systems. I think you're just seeing something that I didn't say at all.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you make the thread about playing it on easiest mode and not being ashamed :P

As for me I did Normal Casual bc i suck at these types of games but it has been pretty easy which is kind of a relief because the story is getting so good I just wanna keep progressing. Plus it feels good to have my students be so great on the battlefield, like I really haven't failed them at being a good teacher lol.
Yeah, I went to Classic rather than Casual.
I stuck to Normal because I figured Classic/Normal is a good compromise. It wasn't.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

I usually played on Normal in the past Fire Emblem games, but for 3H I tried Hard (Casual, of course) and it seems an average difficulty between the old Normal and Hard. The only difficulties I am getting are due to the fact that I am stupid and I prepared my team in a way that I cannot exploit anymore... and now it is really Hard mode.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Well deserved. This game has been essentially gaming crack for me over the last week. 30 hours in so far, and unless it decides to take a hard left turn somewhere in the story, it's most likely going to end up being my GOTY for the year.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It came out in a pretty quiet time, good marketing, on a super popular console. Good for them..... now fix the damn LGBTQ shit god damn guys

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Three Houses would need something like a 40% digital split just to match Fates' opening. Even with the vouchers that's a tall order for Japan.

On the other hand, these European numbers kind of exonerate Nintendo for the stock issues. I wonder if the US numbers will be similar.
It just sold out again on amazon for US. So yea lol

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5 million dream is alive.

Hot damn am I loving this game. I'll probably try and do all the houses eventually, but I already know it's going to be difficult to not pick Black Eagles again when I restart.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Been enjoying this game so much. I go home from work, eat a quick dinner and immediately hop back in. They've also created a foundation of a much bigger world they could revisit if they wanted to. Will be even better once lunatic mode drops.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Well deserved for the GOTY.

After Fates's awful writing and multiple version fuckery, they corrected course in pretty much every way possible, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Crazy how Fire Emblem went from being that obscure series from Smash Bros, to almost getting completely axed before Awakening came along, to becoming a major seller for Nintendo. What a rollercoaster of a success story.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear. I was a bit worried after Fates. While I still enjoyed it some, I found Fates to be such a bloated rehash of Awakening.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Re-read what you quoted. I didn't say that. Did you misquote someone? I said it was "pretty simple" & "wasn't very challenging overall," but that doesn't remotely mean I didn't enjoy it. My plan the whole time was normal for the first route & hard for subsequent routes when I learn the systems. I think you're just seeing something that I didn't say at all.

Whoops, my mistake, you were right. I thought that was really weird! I probably fat finger clicked the wrong quote on mobile. My sincerest apologies.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I doubt we'll get a sequel. Fire Emblem games tend to be 1 off stories. Hopefully the next cast of characters/setting/story follows the examples set by Three Houses though.

I don't doubt we're getting another game set in FĂłdlan though. The only continents only used once were Magvel and Fateslandia. Now if it's going to be a sequel, prequel, midquel or whatever we'll have to wait and see

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I don't doubt we're getting another game set in FĂłdlan though. The only continents only used once were Magvel and Fateslandia. Now if it's going to be a sequel, prequel, midquel or whatever we'll have to wait and see
On the contrary, I don't think so.
Most sequels/prequels had space to tell more of its story (like, the ending of PoR left enough space to see what happened after, and Binding Blade didn't touch on what happened before Roy, so you had space for FE7) but Three Houses doesn't have a canon ending - and giving one will be a nice way to piss off the fanbase - and a prequel seems more like as a DLC, since the game elaborates a bit on what happened before the game.
I think they'll reuse the model - instructing the units somehow and leaving free exploration of some place - but they'll move to a different story.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Most sequels/prequels had space to tell more of its story (like, the ending of PoR left enough space to see what happened after, and Binding Blade didn't touch on what happened before Roy, so you had space for FE7) but Three Houses doesn't have a canon ending - and giving one will be a nice way to piss off the fanbase - and a prequel seems more like as a DLC, since the game elaborates a bit on what happened before the game.
I think they'll reuse the model - instructing the units somehow and leaving free exploration of some place - but they'll move to a different story.

If sales are good enough i think these characters could have their second game, easily. Probably the most charming, interesting fire emblem cast ever.

Like, i wouldn't mind getting rid of most FE characters in smash for Byleth + the three lords.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
If sales are good enough i think these characters could have their second game, easily. Probably the most charming, interesting fire emblem cast ever.

Like, i wouldn't mind getting rid of most FE characters in smash for Byleth + the three lords.
I'd love that it was that way and that we say more of these characters, but honestly, how could it be if

You end up killing most of the characters that aren't in your house?

They'd have to choose an ending, make it canon and built from there, and that would exclude characters from the two other houses.
I think they built the story in a way that it was self contained, which isn't bad at all. Not all tales need to be continued.

Now, I wouldn't mind if they replaced all current FE characters in Smash with the three lords and Byleth - we'd actually get weapon variety instead of only swords!

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game so much. It's the best FE i have played and i'm happy it's selling so well.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A really cool way thing they could do is, if you have save data from your Three Houses playthrough, it could be transferred to the sequel game, and will change how the story unfolded in Fodlan. Without spoiling anything, let's say you transfer your completed Golden Deer save data, the events that unfolded in that timeline will be reflected upon in the sequel game.
They could do a lot really, they did a good job with the world building of Fodlan, so it's an open book as far as sequels are concerned. Even a prequel focused on the Adestrian Empire before it was split off into the Kingdom of Faerghus and Leicester Alliance, or the Invasion of Dagda, would be great.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's Slander against the Emperor that is! Basically every female Black Eagle are both powerhouses and great characters, especially Bernadetta and Petra. I'll give you that the guys are kind of meh though.
Mercedes is straight up the best healer in the game, Dimitri has the best set of growths in the game and is an absolute monster, Annette slays everything with magic, Dedue is an amazing tank, Felix kills everything and they're all fantastically written

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem is taking its rightful spot as one of Nintendo's premier franchises, and I am here for it!

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I'd love that it was that way and that we say more of these characters, but honestly, how could it be if

You end up killing most of the characters that aren't in your house?

They'd have to choose an ending, make it canon and built from there, and that would exclude characters from the two other houses.
I think they built the story in a way that it was self contained, which isn't bad at all. Not all tales need to be continued.

Now, I wouldn't mind if they replaced all current FE characters in Smash with the three lords and Byleth - we'd actually get weapon variety instead of only swords!

I'm almost sure you can have a run that

the only characters that die are Dimitri, Dedue and Rhea. Seteth and Flayn just go into hiding if you kill them

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Happy to get confirmation that the game is doing well, considering how frikking great it is.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Great news! I hope Nintendo can keep up with demand for copies, I won't have a Switch until around Christmas I imagine. Really hoping I can nab a physical copy by then.