• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you serve Spaghetti

• Sauce/Noodles all mixed in pot/pan together

• Sauce and noodles separate, sauce put on top of noodles on plate.

• Fuck spaghetti

• Sauce on plate, Noodles in a nest on top

Results are only viewable after voting.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Arguing with a friend. Do you separate your sauce and noodles or do you mix all that shit up together in the pan before you serve.

I put my sauce on top off on my plate. The correct way. He disagrees.

mixed plate spaghetti is always something you only see in pre-made or large bulk style or in a cafeteria.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really make large batches but I do mix it because I like using the pasta water to bring it all together.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
the correct answer is to finish the noodles in the sauce you made on your own because it's extremely simple and delicious. Then, if you have extra sauce, knock yourself out.

however, I typically get noodles->add sauce when with family as that's how they do it and its simple.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
dice the cooked spaghetti and sprinkle it over a bowl of sauce

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a good friend of mine used to make spaghetti sandwiches. it was a bunch of spaghetti and sauce in-between two pieces of bread.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Mix in the pasta with the sauce for the last two minutes cooking in the pan. That way the noodles absorb some of the flavor of the sauce.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
You're supposed to finish the noodles in the sauce in a pan (with a little of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce, if necessary). Sometimes that's more hassle than I wanna deal with, but that's the ideal.

Oct 25, 2017
You toss a little sauce on your pasta in the pan, just enough for a light coating, and then top off with sauce on the plate.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i stir the butter in in the pot but squeeze the ketchup on when its on the plate.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I finish the pasta in the sauce (or some portion of the sauce if I made a large amount) so it gets evenly coated, and so I can adjust final seasoning and sauce consistency (by applying heat, using pasta water, etc.). The Italian way. I figure they know what they're doing.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
It was always noodles and sauce separate in my household. No idea why. Now I'm questioning everything.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
depends. I like regular pasta sauce to be separate. Cream based sauce, I mix together.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Mixed. On top is just for restaurant spaghetti where they are constantly making it separate and have different kinds of sauces so pre-mixing it doesn't make sense and y'all are trying to be posh by imitating that. Like, why would I want the possibility of some noodles not being sauced? Heat that sauce onto the noodles for a minute or 2 at least.

OP
OP
Replicant

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I guess more of you never eat leftover spaghetti, because having it all mixed up is awful after it's been chilled and reheated.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I guess more of you never eat leftover spaghetti, because having it all mixed up is awful after it's been chilled and reheated.

You can just combine what you intend to eat right away, and keep the remainder separate. Although it's not like pasta reheats particularly well either way.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Typically I mix. If I'm using a fresh pesto, I keep them separate, so the green color doesn't just go brown with the heat

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
anyone just dumping sauce on top of plain pasta is a caveman. you need to emulsify them together in the same pan.

Mar 30, 2019
geico-caveman-gif.gif