• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Crispy75

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's Elon Time, but he reckons they'll do a 24h turnaround of a booster early next year. Blimey.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
They're within 15 minutes of window closure, therefore, it's a scrub for today.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer that the first stage video failed , great landing on the drone ship though!

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the condensation that built up in the camera might have killed it but we'll see in a few days.

To be honest that onboard camera wasn't up to much - it was vibrating a lot in the upper atmosphere any time the cool gas jets were operating. I suspect the camera system itself will be replaced with something better soon.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest that onboard camera wasn't up to much - it was vibrating a lot in the upper atmosphere any time the cool gas jets were operating. I suspect the camera system itself will be replaced with something better soon.

Yep, but with it being the very first launch of the Block 5, I would say only needing to adjust the camera setup at a glance is a great takeaway. Clearly they'll pour over the data from the flight to make sure everything looked solid but it was a very successful flight.

Excited to see them progress this even further.

Well..... This coverage is.. unique..

Wait, wh....oh I see now lol

I closed it down between the 2 Stage 2 burns.

Oct 25, 2017
According to a few posters on Reddit, this launch has been a huge deal there - even the smallest bit of news has been widely reported. Seems like a huge moment for them.
I get that part, I was more referring to the "Dear Leader"-ish tone when they were talking about Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (if my half-listening recollection of the video and lame googling are correct.)

Evon

Oct 25, 2017
Austria
Looking forward to the GRACE Follow-On launch on May 19th. I hope everything goes well, otherwise my working group has to find another research topic, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
You have to fucking wonder how Flat Earthers justify live streams like this.
I think the important thing to remember is that it's not based on logic. People don't believe the Earth is flat in modern times because they're logical people who are simply missing some key argument or piece of evidence. If they were, they would already realize it's round.

Instead, you have to understand it like any other conspiracy theory -- people believing something because they want to, and as such logic and evidence will never make a difference to a significant number. I think it's probably best just to disregard for the most part, because it'll drive you nuts otherwise.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
You have to fucking wonder how Flat Earthers justify live streams like this.
They would probably say just look at 25:30, clearly the curve is just a camera trick that can go both ways

In general, they just say that video and photo evidence can all be faked/edited, and they'll only believe what they can see with their own eyes

Oct 25, 2017
They would probably say just look at 25:30, clearly the curve is just a camera trick that can go both ways

In general, they just say that video and photo evidence can all be faked/edited, and they'll only believe what they can see with their own eyes
Which goes back to again, it's not a belief based on rational thought, so unfortunately it can't be fought by science and logic for most people.