• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
n3e4r.jpg

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know the historical reasons, but not the current ones. Doesn't make sense these days. Our weather just sucks this time of year.

The way the Earth spins. As a rocket launches, the Earth spins beneath them west, so if something bad happens, it crashes in water and not Texas.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bummer that they won't be flying today. But honestly, I'm kind of glad lol. I'm super nervous about this launch. Everything looks so incredibly janky. The suits look like they are props from a cheap sci-fi movie. The touchscreen filled capsule fills me with anxiety. And the capsule itself looks kind of funny. Nothing about this looks like it's sturdy or suitable for space travel. If it weren't for the excellent track record of SpaceX I'd be absolutely terrified.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Bummer that they won't be flying today. But honestly, I'm kind of glad lol. I'm super nervous about this launch. Everything looks so incredibly janky. The suits look like they are props from a cheap sci-fi movie. The touchscreen filled capsule fills me with anxiety. And the capsule itself looks kind of funny. Nothing about this looks like it's sturdy or suitable for space travel. If it weren't for the excellent track record of SpaceX I'd be absolutely terrified.

Good insight. Surely you know better than those at SpaceX and NASA.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Janky compared to the other tin cans that have sent people into space?

Like, really??

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
If you ever have the opportunity, check out a Mercury capsule and wonder how people willingly entered that thing to get launched on top of a boom boom tube.

Spam in a can.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

This is such a ridiculous take lol. This thing has literally gone to the space station completely unmanned a few times now.