• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninge

ID@Xbox Developer Partner Manager
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Super excited for this! And it's such a big step, again! After they got dragon docked, then landing sorted, then falcon heavy, now manned flight and hopefully SN4 does a hop next week.... Really feels like space travel is heading in the right direction again :D

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Man I hope this happens today. But only if the weather clears, of course. My favourite part will always be the boosters returning. In the past years nothing else has wowed me that much.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I've watched amazing live streams of Mars missions launching, landing on Mars, probes landing on comets, spacewalks.. but honestly can't remember the last time I watched a crewed mission launching. Makes it all so much more.. critical. This is hype. I'm glad we get to see this again.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching since the stream started. So hyped. Hope that crazy Florida weather doesn't ruin things.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I've watched amazing live streams of Mars missions launching, landing on Mars, probes landing on comets, spacewalks.. but honestly can't remember the last time I watched a crewed mission launching. Makes it all so much more.. critical. This is hype. I'm glad we get to see this again.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a manned spacecraft livestream, maybe one of the soyuzs, but that's it.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the stream is delayed? You know, so they can cut it if something bad were to happen. Don't mean to be morbid, just curious.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Such a huge difference between the Boeing capsule and Dragon as far as tech and presentation. I know Boeing is going for the if its not broken why fix it approach but damn they look light years behind with the tech they use on their capsule

FirewalkR

Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm hugely excited for SpaceX today, even though I've been really disappointed by Elon's recent pandering to idiocy on Twitter just to avoid more downtime at Tesla (coz I still like to think he doesn't actually believe some of the bs he's been spouting and rt'ing). Still happy that he gets to live this dream today, though.

Must be pretty incredible for everyone at SpaceX. Not only did they begin from scratch on one of the historically "impossible" industries to break into, they became technological leaders, by far, and today they reach their most important milestone so far. Bit of shame that the pandemic doesn't allow for everyone to be at the office, would love to see the huge crowd cheering similarly to previous milestones like the first landing or the first Heavy launch.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
If they manage to launch, when will they be docking? And will that also be streamed?

After launching today, Crew Dragon will spend 19 hours chasing the space station down. The capsule is scheduled to dock with the orbiting lab tomorrow (May 28) at 11:39 a.m. EDT (1539 GMT), and the hatches between the two craft will open about 2.5 hours later.

I expect the docking will be streamed, yes.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Such a huge difference between the Boeing capsule and Dragon as far as tech and presentation. I know Boeing is going for the if its not broken why fix it approach but damn they look light years behind with the tech they use on their capsule

Boeing is a government owned entity for all intents and purposes, except worse because money that would otherwise be spent making better products or providing better services goes to shareholders. Their almost total dependency on the US government to survive does them no favors. They barely even have to try, so that's what they do - the bare minimum.