• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, Spacebase Startopia cover art is showing up now and there's something... curious about the ESRB cover.

Quoting the tweet here:

Imagine in question:

EjAoxXCWoAEVrCw

I wonder if this is only for games that have in game purchases, or it's going to be a regulation going forward?

Apologies if this has been posted, but didn't see anything posted doing a quick search.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
jesus thats ugly

nobody and nothing has ever convinced me to go digital only, but i think the ESRB may have just succeeded

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I look forward to a game that has a comical number of descriptors, so that label becomes huge.

That looks silly... and what is so hard about flipping a game over to see that information?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
German gamers: "HA WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!"

USK: "You know, that's a neat idea actually."

German gamers: "Nooooo."

Seriously, i hope USK doesn't get any fancy ideas from that, the current one is bad enough.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ewww.

That shit was already on the back, who is too lazy to flip the case over

Maybe it's just the image used for online retailers, since you can't see the back of the case online? This shit better not be printed on actual cases

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ewww.

That shit was already on the back, who is too lazy to flip the case over

Maybe it's just the image used for online retailers, since you can't see the back of the case online?
Can't flip it over when it's behind a glass window, unless you ask someone to do that for you.

But then, not all the time there's someone there to do that like Walmart or Target etc.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Can't flip it over when it's behind a glass window, unless you ask someone to do that for you.

But then, not all the time there's someone there to do that like Walmart or Target etc.
Target hasn't used glass cases in like, over a decade, you can view the back of the box without asking anyone. At Walmart, there is always the option of just asking someone, you need to find someone to buy it anyways. You can see the back of the case in Walmart, it's just inconvenient. Amazon just straight up doesn't show you the back of the box.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Hell no.

It's already stupid that we have to have a giant-ass rating symbol on the front of the box, unlike movies.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at upcoming releases on GameStop and Amazon and I can't find any other box art that lists information like that, so hopefully it's just Spacebase.