• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
MJ announced that that the last dance was happening when bron won with the cavs... now lebron does dit while the doc is airing.

What a back and forth 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Confession:

I moved to the US in the mid 90s.

I watched all of Jordan's final four seasons. I was enthralled. Not a Bulls fan, but they drew me into a love of the sport.

I watched Looney Tunes and other WB cartoons my entire childhood (obviously translated into Scottish - Bugs Bunny, AKA Bugs Begbie, instead of saying "What's up Doc?" Would say, "D'joo jist call me a radge?" And Yosemite Sam was known as Yoker Malky Broon - but the spirit of the originals was intact.

But I have not seen Space Jam - and I have never had the desire to. It wasn't a big deal back in the auld country. So I guess I have to go watch it to catch up.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Canon to...the 1995 film? What canon is there to uphold there?
hekpe.jpg

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The looney tunes convinced MJ to come back to the game of basketball.

Maybe this will take place in 2014, and it turns out the looney tunes convinced lebron to leave the super team, go back home and win one for the land?

It'll take place after the Cavs lose the 2016 Finals in 5 games. Bugs Bunny and co play basketball for the right to use a time machine to go back in time and have Lebron goad Draymond into punching him in the nuts.

The rest is history.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Ah Space Jam, I remember being a kid watching it on Pay Per View with my cousin. Good times.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The original Space Jam is one of those movies I loved as a kid but I am afraid of rewatching it and finding out if it's actually bad or not.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I can't wait to see what the animation will look like. Will it be more traditional hand drawn or some cgi cell shading voodoo :).

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Why? It's a 25 y/o fim. It being bad or not won't impact the new one in any way.

But the only reason anyone cares about this is because it is a sequel to Space Jam. Which is the entire mystery to me, because if anyone saw the original film recently would probably realize how bad it is and see that a sequel to Space Jam is not really news to be excited about.

I guess there is a small chance that it could turn out to be good but how often have these nostalgia revivals worked out or turned out to be better than the originals?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
But the only reason anyone cares about this is because it is a sequel to Space Jam. Which is the entire mystery to me, because if anyone saw the original film recently would probably realize how bad it is and see that a sequel to Space Jam is not really news to be excited about.

I guess there is a small chance that it could turn out to be good but how often have these nostalgia revivals worked out or turned out to be better than the originals?
Not having watched the original film since probably 1999, I'm excited to see them take another shot at what I think is a really fun concept, regardless of how it was originally executed. It's not like it's a remake - they could go for something entirely different this time around.

The Dark Crystal had a great nostalgia revival, for one :P

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being annoyed at a Space Jam sequel.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
a whole new generation gonna be horny on main for Lola Bunny

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just watched Space Jam for the first time 2 nights ago on Netflix and thought it was horrible. Definitely no Roger Rabbit.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled that anyone wants this. Space Jam was a garbage film and an insult to the Looney Tunes legacy.
I didn't know people took their Looney Tunes so seriously. Yeah, in a vacuum, the movie is pretty garbage. But it was a good time for kids in the 90's in a time where Jordan was larger than life.

On the sequel, i'll agree that it's pointless. LeBron is not what Jordan was, not even close. This movie will have to stand on its own legs.