• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.airforcemag.com

Space Force Debuts New Delta Logo, Motto | Air & Space Forces Magazine

The Space Force is continuing its delta theme with a triangular new logo unveiled July 22.

The Space Force is continuing its delta theme with a triangular new logo unveiled July 22. The silver, arrowhead-like delta symbol honors the heritage of the Air Force and Air Force Space Command, the predecessor to the Space Force, according to a USSF release. "The silver outer border of the delta signifies defense and protection from all adversaries and threats emanating from the space domain. The black area inside embodies the vast darkness of deep space," the Space Force said. "Inside the delta, the two spires represent the action of a rocket launching into the outer atmosphere in support of the central role of the Space Force in defending the space domain."

EdjHEJXWsAAUlgI-1024x726.jpg

While many were quick to point out the symbol reminds them of "Star Trek," or an upside-down Pontiac logo, the Space Force argues the delta is a longtime motif in military space. Deltas prominently feature on the Space Force flag and seal, as well as in the service's organizational structure.

The logo rollout is the latest step toward building out a unique Space Force culture as it separates its people and resources from the Air Force. While the Space Force sits within the Department of the Air Force, the space service aims to differentiate itself from the air service to solely focus on military activity in space. Space Force officials have yet to announce what they will call their members as they move away from "Airman," or how they will revamp the rank structure.

Last edited:

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They added the star from Starfleet, love it. honestly, it brings us closer to an eventual star trek reality.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
if we ever actually become spacefaring as a species people will look back with reverence over donald trump establishing the space force

isnt that something

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"protection from all adversaries and threats emanating from the space domain"

space force is a sunglasses company confirmed

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
"Defense and protection from all adversaries and threats emanating from the space domain."

When overwritten bureaucrat-speak is indistinguishable from the rules text on a Magic card.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
"The silver outer border of the delta signifies defense and protection..."
Okay, I guess that makes sense.

"The black area inside embodies the vast darkness of deep space."
What? I mean, sure, but why?

"Inside the delta, the two spires represent the action of a rocket..."
Really? Did a child think of that?

"The four beveled elements symbolize the joint armed forces supporting the space mission..."
Shouldn't said elements be all the same size then, I guess the Marines and the Army get the smaller sections, they probably don't help out as much as the other two.

"In the center of the delta is the star Polaris, which symbolizes how the core values guide the Space Force mission."
"The core values"? What are they? What are you talking about?

The logo is also just terrible in general, has no flair or impact, and looks like any number of markers cluttering up open world game maps.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
You know, I always thought the Space Force shit was incredibly stupid. But seeing money be spent on this when 140,000 Americans are dead from a raging pandemic while Nero continues to fiddle is... uh. Not good!

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like a fake car manufacturer badge in an open world game. In other words: it looks pretty low-budget.

The logotype is also bad. It looks as if it's ripped from a Netflix Original.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
images

Come on, if they're going to use a Star Trek logo they should be using a more accurate image of what universe we're in.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They already redesigned it? To make it even more Star Trek?

(Yes, I know, Air Force Space Command etc etc)

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It's pretty decent, not like you could go with something much more out there for a government branch. The inevitable comparison with star trek is not unfavorable.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
It looks really cool to me but I'm more interested in what they're doing. Are there satellite defense mechanisms that are going to be on place? How are we safeguarding our space interests? Are we investing in new technology? Would love to see what the money is going toward

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie. I'm cool with this.

If we're going to pump money moronically into national defense, anyways, this is clearly the smarter frontier on which to do it. First, it expands the possibility of scientific research which might propel people forward (as opposed to just reinventing an assault rifle or battleship every ten years) and second it protects American C3i better than a LOT of other projects. (Plus it represents a significant evolution in American force projection if you can master low orbit deployment like I've seen people discuss as one of the short term goals of this whole thing.)