• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just going to put my recommendation list under a spoiler. Do with it as you wish.
pUiU0EK.jpg

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Sturgeon's law states ninety percent of everything is crap. When it comes to anime, that figure is much higher. By my estimation, one good anime series comes out roughly once per decade. One Punch Man was that anime.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Sturgeon's law states ninety percent of everything is crap. When it comes to anime, that figure is much higher. By my estimation, one good anime series comes out roughly once per decade. One Punch Man was that anime.

This is quite a hyperbole. I do agree most anime is bad. But 1 a decade? We had two seasons of Mob Psycho, Ping Pong, Devilman.....[list continues for 20+ excellent shows], this decade alone. It's one thing to say this about a narrow selection of taste, but about all anime? That's just not a fair thing.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Space Dandy is incredible (and some of the unexpectedly heartwarming episodes that come out of nowhere are so charming), and I have incredibly warm memories of my time watching it, but I'd definitely say there's been great stuff since then.

Devilman Crybaby
Carole and Tuesday
One Punch Man
Mob Psycho 100
My Hero Academia

and more, I'd say definitely try out some of the recommendations in this thread, you may be surprised!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One Punch Man isn't even the best anime from ONE (the manga author).

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Since this seems to be the main "active" anime thread of the week, I must do my civic duty and shill Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight (now streaming on HiDive and coming soon to BD in the west). It's Love Live crossed with Revolutionary Girl Utena crossed with Fight Club if it was a theater musical with an entirely lesbian cast and amazing music (only posting one because I don't want to spoil anything), it's basically the perfect show.

giphy.gif

Shoujo%E2%98%86Kageki.Revue.Starlight.full.2470469.gif

giphy.gif

Hb27do7.gif

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
This is quite a hyperbole. I do agree most anime is bad. But 1 a decade? We had two seasons of Mob Psycho, Ping Pong, Devilman.....[list continues for 20+ excellent shows], this decade alone. It's one thing to say this about a narrow selection of taste, but about all anime? That's just not a fair thing.

I tried Mob Psycho but it didn't do anything for me. If you had to recommend one anime from the past decade, what would it be?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I tried Mob Psycho but it didn't do anything for me. If you had to recommend one anime from the past decade, what would it be?

Well what other shows your like? I personally would watch Ping Pong The Animation, A Place Further Than The Universe, Sarazanmai, Stein's Gate, Rakugo Shinju, Run With the Wind.

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars
Promised Neverland
Erased
Dr. Stone
Keep Your Hands Off Eizoken!
Chihayafuru
Run With the Wind
Haikyu!!
Carole & Tuesday
Violet Evergarden
Aggretsuko

Just off the top of my head. The problem is you OP.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
What the fuck, I started Beastars because recommendations in this thread and I'm thoroughly uncomfortable