• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
MOyrzi0.gif

I was thinking back to when I fell out of watching anime, and I can actually nail it down to one series and it's Space Dandy. After it finished airing, I dropped off hard on anime. Every episode was just so much fun and was pretty charming. I miss Space Dandy.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Space Dandy is fantastic. But watch stuff like Mob Psycho 100 and March Comes In Like A Lion.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Watanabe literally made another anime after that and it's on fucking Netflix

you people need to stop watching only the mainstream shit, we get this thread every fucking month and it's always the same three anime being thrown around jfc

...but yes space dandy is good

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Space Dandy is one of the greatest anime of all time but saying it was the last good anime is just incorrect.

Oct 27, 2017

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Carol & Tuesday and it was awesome.

Thinking of going back to Space Dandy. I watched a bit back when Season 1 started but fell off after a few episodes. I liked what I saw though, and might like it even more now that I'm not expecting Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo in tone.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's been plenty of good anime since Dandy, like Mob Psycho 100 and Keep Your Hands of Eizouken.

Also people really overhype Carole & Tuesday.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't one punch man season 1 come out after? I liked it but I wish the story had more weight, nothing mattered it seemed.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I just finished Carol & Tuesday and it was awesome.

Thinking of going back to Space Dandy. I watched a bit back when Season 1 started but fell off after a few episodes. I liked what I saw though, and might like it even more now that I'm not expecting Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo in tone.

Once the story starts to actually tie together its crazy good. There was even some pretty heartwrenching moments too. Well worth finishing.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny how only anime can get away with people making such dumb claims.

It's like saying "Tropic Thunder was the last good movie."

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Beastars is better than Space Dandy, but I do love Space Dandy.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even like anime that much, but to say an entire industry hasn't made anything good in six years seems like more of a you problem.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Watanabe literally made another anime after that and it's on fucking Netflix

you people need to stop watching only the mainstream shit, we get this thread every fucking month and it's always the same three anime being thrown around jfc
Pretty much this. Every time you see a sweeping comment on the state of anime the list of ones they've enjoyed is the same few very well known titles that fit one specific taste. Just expand your horizons by trying something different.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anime hasn't been good since it came on VHS tapes with this intro;

/hyperbole

I didn't much care for Space Dandy, tbh. Dorohedoro's pretty good so far. Mononoke (series, not the feature film) is probably my favourite of the 2000's.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny how only anime can get away with people making such dumb claims.

It's like saying "Tropic Thunder was the last good movie."

Anime fans really aren't helping though.

When you're trying to find what's good during a season and most everything recommended is yet another isekai or an average anime, you tend to lose hope.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Space Dandy was seriously freakin' amazing. Especially considering it was simulcast, and financed partially by Adult Swim of all things. I loved that damn show, wish we got 90 seasons.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anime fans really aren't helping though.

When you're trying to find what's good during a season and most everything recommended is yet another isekai or an average anime, you tend to lose hope.
Fair. A lot of anime fans tend to recommended shows that, honestly, are only "good" if you're already into anime and can tolerate a bunch of specific anime tropes. Most isekai fall into this.

Like, Konosuba is a good show, but I would not recommend it if you aren't already massively into anime. And if you are, you've probably already seen it.

Classy people would recommend a show like Vinland Saga that has broad appeal outside of the standard anime demographic.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Mob Psycho and Vinland Saga are the animes you're looking for. Probably some of the best "least animu" anime out there in yeeaars

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda agree OP. I'm not a huge hardcore anime fan, but I do dabble. Tried Vinland but just couldn't get into it. One Punch is pretty good, but nowhere near the imaginative powers of Space Dandy.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watanabe literally just put out Carol and Tuesday so...no. There are also many shows being made that are good. Banana Fish, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho, Beastars, etc.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Classy people would recommend a show like Vinland Saga that has broad appeal outside of the standard anime demographic.
As well as A Place Further Than the Universe, Violet Evergarden, A Silent Voice and Carole & Tuesday. There have been a number of high quality "mainstream friendly" anime over the last few years, but too many people unwilling to try something a bit different thematically.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Little Witch Academia the series, Mob Psycho, Promised Neverland, Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken. Animes been in a far better position lately than the shit back end of the 00's and most of the 10's.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the romance episode between dandy and scarlet made me scream harder at my tv than anything before or since. my heart was shattered, my life irrevocably altered. years later, the pain is still burning within me.

what a amazing damn show

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
How can that even be when Shirobako began right when Season 2 of Space Dandy ended?