• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

Game looks fun, different enough from Mario BR and with probably no chances of an DMCA

The premise is that this is a lost game developed for the russian NES bootleg Dendy that was found by Arin from Game Grumps. They made a video yesterday after two other videos showcasing the Dendy as a setup for the last one, where they tried to make this game work (obviously it's all fake)

Fantastic Passion is the new studio from Thom Glunt, who designed and directed the retro FPS STRAFE.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
A battle royale but in a side scrolling platform game?

I could get into this.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Is it actually ok to claim its "the first battle royale game" even if its part of the joke premise?

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Would've been nice if they didn't make a series of blatant clickbait videos trying to pretend they found a lost game. Fuck them.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really fun. Hope it's good.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Would've been nice if they didn't make a series of blatant clickbait videos trying to pretend they found a lost game. Fuck them.
3e3.jpg

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely fell for the bit for the first 2 videos but the 3rd made it obvious

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Here are the Dendy videos they put out

and here is the set up for this game

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
A little while ago, in a livestream, Arin said that he doesn't do clickbait because even though they use titles and thumbnails meant to catch people's attention, they don't put anything false or completely unrelated to the video in the title/thumbnail. But this was advertised as a "lost game" when it very clearly isn't. They also just recently made a separate channel for live action stuff and for whatever reason, they decided to put a video with no actual gameplay footage on their gameplay channel. They certainly could've picked a better way to advertise this.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
I mean, this isn't the first time a game has tried to maintain the illusion of its supposed origins.

I get the preservation community being a bit miffed about this, but honestly it does comes across a bit "no fun allowed".

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Other games have had similar premises of being an old "lost game" but I don't think I've seen one this blatantly misleading. Also, I don't think I've ever seen a game like this being advertised this way by a popular gaming channel before they're even out. The best way to do something like this is to put out fake "backstory" videos out AFTER releasing the game (or at least a trailer). Having two videos where you try to play the game and go "damn, I guess this one game doesn't work, I wonder what it is" and then having another video where you go through this long process of trying to get the game to work with no indication that it isn't a real "lost game" is just super misleading.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Well, consider me fooled. I thought this was a legitimate thing and loved the video of Arin doing "research" and figuring this whole thing out.

I'm interested, but damn if I'm not a little disappointed all the same.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like Arin was trying to do something similar to Paranormal Activity or Blair Witch, except, well, not horror, mainly for fun, not to mislead people. But people took it the wrong way, and he decided to make fun of the whole debacle and poke fun at himself for not just announcing the game normally.

As for the game itself, it looks neat and very unique, but I doubt I'll be able to play it without a lotta lag.