• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Cant help but feel like the fuck south park thing was a little genuine from the creators. Tbh I'm surprised we have another season after the viewing figures for the last season anyway though. Decent episode regardless, I just kind of always feel like I'm watching the final season last few times it came back which dampens it a bit I guess

Nah, in a recent interview the parker and stone seemed eager for this season and it got renewed for a few more years. They're considering doing another theatrical release movie. These guys are 50, this is their life work, it'll probably go on for 10 more years.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
fj4pby3jkvo31.jpg

I love that Towelie is a main character now.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I still feel like they're secretly making another game. With the cutback to 10 episodes per season coinciding with stick of truth development, no game dev means a lot of idle time in H1 each year.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Cant help but feel like the fuck south park thing was a little genuine from the creators. Tbh I'm surprised we have another season after the viewing figures for the last season anyway though. Decent episode regardless, I just kind of always feel like I'm watching the final season last few times it came back which dampens it a bit I guess

I don't think a Comedy Central cares about ratings with South Park anymore. It's too much of a cultural icon at this point and they really don't have anything else besides The Daily Show

And for what it's worth, South Park was Hulu's most watched show in 2018 so it's still a valuable IP.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I don't think a Comedy Central cares about ratings with South Park anymore. It's too much of a cultural icon at this point and they really don't have anything else besides The Daily Show

And for what it's worth, South Park was Hulu's most watched show in 2018 so it's still a valuable IP.

Anytime I watch TV at a hotel and HBO doesn't have anything good, I look for comedy central and it's usually south park reruns.

The library makes a fuck ton of money. I just googled the net worth of each parker and stone and its $500 million each. Helps that they aren't the kind of celebrities that have a spending addiction.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
🎵I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my Tegridy🎵

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Next episode Randy is going to China for tegridy opportunities. There's already clips, looks like south park studios has serialized episodes planned for this season.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I still feel like they're secretly making another game. With the cutback to 10 episodes per season coinciding with stick of truth development, no game dev means a lot of idle time in H1 each year.
Id would be cool to a great trilogy of South Park games. What should the next theme be? I'm down for the Lil Crime Stoppers...

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Id would be cool to a great trilogy of South Park games. What should the next theme be? I'm down for the Lil Crime Stoppers...

One of the hurdles in a 3rd game is that it'll need a lot more original writing, or at least pull in jokes from a lot of different episodes. The only other thing that's sort of big is the imaginationland trilogy but as a game? Meh.

Lil crime stoppers could be a good one. Or sci fi. Or they change games on different days.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
On 2nd thought if the next game is the last it should be like a week long game with each day being the greatest hits the older games missed. Lil crime stoppers, fun times with weapons, cartmanland, etc. Add in a couple of recent season stuff like Tegridy farms and you'd have a sweet game.

Oct 25, 2017
So far this is better than last week.
Commentary on Hollywood's complete kowtowing to China, and Winnie the Pooh.

Ninja

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like they're building up to an ending like the The Shining. Randy did drag his family out to the middle of nowhere after all.