• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This season could be one of the best just on these topics alone:
-COVID
-Police Reform
-The Elections
-Console Wars

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Now that this is off Hulu and I can't DVR it, when will this be available on HBO MAX? Next day?

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Only in because I want to see how many slavery references we can get out of Cartman to be honest.

May 26, 2018
Black Lives Matter protestors opinions are valid...but so are the counter protestors with all the assault rifles, and therefore on the same level.

*rolls end credits*

Crazy thing is they don't even have to do that, necessarily. Just have one episode that takes place from Token's POV. And have him be the sane man in an insane world, living every day in South Park as "the one black friend" while everyone pretends to be colorblind.

That's it. Don't have to go huge in scale. Token living in South Park, the town, can say everything South Park, the show, is basically equipped to say.

Last edited:

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
This season could be one of the best just on these topics alone:
-COVID
-Police Reform
-The Elections
-Console Wars

One of these topics sticks out like a black man in the libertarian party.

Waiting to see what take they have. I know what I'm expecting, but I hope they do better.

They're libertarians they believe in civil liberties to the point of absurdity. The surprising thing would be if they do better.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Crazy thing is they don't even have to do that, necessarily. Just have one episode that takes place from Token's POV. And have him be the sane man in an insane world, of living every day in South Park as "the one black friend" while everyone pretends to be colorblind.

That's it. Don't have to go huge in scale. Token living in South Park, the town, can say everything South Park, the show, is basically equipped to say.
Oh god, I forgot about Token and how they might screw up what they say and miss the point at large by framing it in the lens of a Black child.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I used to really enjoy South Park, but to be honest I feel like when they had Garrison be their Pseudo-Trump, and made the whole plot with him being seemingly completely unrealistic but also funny, it did a lot of damage to the 2016 elections. People voted for Trump for the lolz - and now we are stuck in hell.

May 26, 2018
Oh god, I forgot about Token and how they might screw up what they say and miss the point at large by framing it in the lens of a Black child.

Right. To them, black lives matter just means... Token's life. And it's still just the Token Black Life.

That would drive Token completely fucking insane to hear everyone in South Park say "Token's Life Matters" and in the same breath "All Lives Matter"

I guess if South Park deep dived into the concept, they could make the episode about the gentrification of BLM if they didn't want to "pick sides" and just be "neutral observers."

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this episode will end up concluding that both sides are equally idiotic.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Will it?

If it's anything like 2016, they will drop the ball and all their commentary will be toothless and weakass
Can't wait to see how the bros both-sides a pandemic.
Black Lives Matter protestors opinions are valid...but so are the counter protestors with all the assault rifles, and therefore on the same level.

*rolls end credits*
Anti-Maskers are bad. But, on the other hand, so is shaming them!
aaand this is why I'm not excited. This is their track record on sensitive issues. Half expecting them to validate anti-BLM and anti-maskers during a time when we're already drowning in bullshit propoganda.

I hope they catch me off guard this time.