• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
That's a good answer on education from Pete, although it doesn't get to charters/public at all.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is going on in this debate? This crowd had to be bought. I literally can't believe the reactions to this shit show. Going ape shit for every unpopular thing Bloomberg says while booing everything progressive? Fuck this. And everyone is going at Bernie and the moderators aren't keeping anyone on track or giving Bernie proper rebuttal opportunities. Five people lay claims on him and then he gets 15 seconds to try to respond to five different arguments. What the fuck.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the one way to negate a poor bernie debate performance is to blatantly pay off audience members to make it look like bernie had a poor debate performance

either bloom is a dumb dumb motherfucker or galaxy brain steyer just did it for all of us

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie's doing fine. he's never really done poorly in any of these.

Pete's answer on education was pretty good much as i hate to say it

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Democratic centrists are essentially Republicans after Trump got the nomination.

Not in the sense of what they believe, but in that they no longer seem to have any anchoring principles except a ghost of a core philosophy that has long left them and they are just running on fumes and doing and saying whatever they can that they think will retain them power. Even completely contradicting the natural endpoint of their arguments. I

It's disheartening. Even if Bernie doesn't win the presidency he is the only one that seems able and capable of reigniting the core philosophical foundation that was the basis of the modern Democratic Party.

Oct 26, 2017
The crowd isn't paid by Bloomberg. Bloomie was getting dead silence by the crowd at the very beginning. It's just SC is the first conservative state in the race so far, so you're going to get different crowd reactions compared to other debates in liberal areas.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"and here comes a question from twitter: what do you think of the recently released Xbox Series X specs?"

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i think it's gonna be pretty clear to most ppl that this crowd was bought, thankfully.

THANK YOU, LIZ.

KEEP AT BLOOMBERG

Oct 28, 2017
the one way to negate a poor bernie debate performance is to blatantly pay off audience members to make it look like bernie had a poor debate performance

either bloom is a dumb dumb motherfucker or galaxy brain steyer just did it for all of us

That's what I'm thinking. Bernie is blowing chunks right now but that's not even the story of the night.

Everyone but maybe MSNBC and CNN are going to be taking about the crowds because the behaviour is so fucking strange. It just perpetuates the whole "then vs him" narrative.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that Klob and Bloomberg is still on stage. The most annoying thing about this primary so far is the amount of people still here who shouldn't be.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The crowd isn't paid by Bloomberg. Bloomie was getting dead silence by the crowd at the very beginning. It's just SC is the first conservative state in the race so far, so you're going to get different crowd reactions compared to other debates in liberal areas.
no it is literally that the crowd is directly packed with Democratic "VIPs" and donors and the tickets cost thousands of dollars. it has nothing to do with SC being conservative lmao

Drek

Oct 27, 2017

They weren't paid to be there.

It's a money maker for the SC Dem party. So it's financially well off dems using it as a loophole on the $2800 per person limit. There is a history of campaigners paying these state power brokers as consultants leading up to the primary but Bloomberg turned it up over 9000, to stay within the DBZ theme.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
no, he isn't. And he desperately needs to not be the focus of critique because he's gotten body slammed at almost every turn tonight.
Right, that was the expectation going into the debate tonight. Despite how bad this debate has been moderated tonight I still really like his performance. Clear answers that are actually relaying his policy. He has interrupted the least too.

Other are doing great too and making the best of a messy debate.