• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PoE and Warframe.
Open Google look at the free content and the support and come here saying having mtx is a cash grab.

Fashionframe is a monsterous cash grab. Telling people to run missions 20+ times a piece to get a fraction of what you would get if you just poured on the cash is a cash grab in my book. Wolfenstein is not. God of War is not. Spiderman is not. Dishonored is not.

PoE, dude really?
Reddit user:
"A full armor pack ON SALE costs 310 whatever the name of the currency is. $20 for 200 and $10 for 100, more than 30 bucks for 1 set? Am I missing something? I am really enjoying the game and want to buy skins and w/e, but damn, idk."

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I completely understand not liking a particular aspect of a game but if you're playing Titanfall and constantly worrying about looking up and down then you're playing it wrong. The game is designed completely around the movement system and it you're going to be playing it like a standard fps (staying grounded) then it's just not a game for you. I personally love the parkour aspect of the game as it opens many possibilities.

Yeah. If people wanted to play a stealth game there's plenty of options out there like Siege, etc...

Titanfall was about taking risks and creating amazing movement chains that were like a mini-game unto itself. It almost felt like a skateboarding game in a way. The camper wasn't guaranteed to get the kill in Titanfall. You had options.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Fashionframe is a monsterous cash grab. Telling people to run missions 20+ times a piece to get a fraction of what you would get if you just poured on the cash is a cash grab in my book. Wolfenstein is not. God of War is not. Spiderman is not. Dishonored is not.

PoE, dude really?
Reddit user:
"A full armor pack ON SALE costs 310 whatever the name of the currency is. $20 for 200 and $10 for 100, more than 30 bucks for 1 set? Am I missing something? I am really enjoying the game and want to buy skins and w/e, but damn, idk."

Man your posts are embarrassing, you should just stop

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

PoE, dude really?
Reddit user:

You are compaing premium games with f2p games.
If people cant enjoy games filled with content for free and they focus on skins they have a problem.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this goes live tonight, you know there's gonna be an ad for it tonight

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

PoE, dude really?
Reddit user:

lol you just sound like your against f2p games making money period. Ive played hundreds of hours of PoE, League of legends, Dota 2, Fortnite, Paladins etc. etc. etc. On some games i haven't spent a dime on others i haven't spent anymore than i would i full retail game and thats being generous, in the majority of circumstances ive spent significantly less buying a founder pack of some type for 10-30 dollars. Not to say there aren't p2w games out there but i don't think being f2p has any influence over if a game is p2w nowadays. Just look at battlefront 2's release...that was a full retail product that was essentially pay to win at release. One could argue the unlock packs they use to sell in battlefield 3-4 were pay to win micro transactions as well. Also is overwatch p2w because it has cosmetic lootboxes you can buy with real money?

TLDR; Being f2p does not influence whether or not a game is p2w and in many circumstances fully priced retail games exhibit more p2w mechanics than f2p games.

Edit: Just found this video... is this guy paying to win in his default skin?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
When you can name a single F2P game that's succeeded and not been a cash grab or that has not eventually become a cash grab...
You keep evading the pay-to-win thing you originally said, and instead keep moving the goalposts. I'm still waiting for you to explain what makes you think it'll be P2W.

Do I think the game will try to get you to buy cosmetics when it can? Yeah. It's a free game, and they need to make money off of it somehow. But that's different from them having microtransactions in the game that will give players a gameplay advantage, which I don't think they will do, because again, they've been avoiding that sort of thing in their shooters for several games now.

So now that I've admitted that I do think they will push people to their in-game cosmetic store, and explained why that isn't a bad thing - again, they need to earn money from the game somehow, and the least offensive way to do that is by running a cosmetic store - can you please explain why you think the game will be pay-to-win?

Status
Not open for further replies.