• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
Personally I've only ever played DS, and have passed on the rest, but I'm excited about Sekiro for the stealth Tenchu reboot I never thought I'd get.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably rent it, with no co-op mechanic and the fact this game looks way harder i'm not gonna spend £45 to get stuck on a boss lol.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, is this even a question?

Are there real people disappointed? Most comments I saw are people wanting a break from souls and From to work on something new.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Of course, it looks amazing! I'm also looking forward to something different, both in setting and mechanics.

SBit

Feb 25, 2018
Nope. I'm one of those weird Souls players who played mostly for the PvP and online interactions. I only did NG+ enough to get the PvP items and kept my characters at the PvP meta.

Game looks like it will be good but I'm not even tempted.
This is me right there.

No pvp is a huge turn off for me. The way souls games make people interact with each other results in a totally unique online experience. It is something I connect intrinsically to souls games.

Will perhaps buy when heavily discounted a year or two down the road.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I'll probably rent it, with no co-op mechanic and the fact this game looks way harder i'm not gonna spend £45 to get stuck on a boss lol.

I'm interested in it, but also worried about getting stuck on a boss. I loved Bloodborne, but I co-coped quite a few bosses.

If people say it's harder than Nioh, then I'll probably skip it.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018

Are there real people disappointed? Most comments I saw are people wanting a break from souls and From to work on something new.

A huge chunk of comments I see in Sekiro threads are from disappointed people that just want Dark Souls 4. Probably a vocal minority but Idk.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Definitely, FROM games always scratch that itch, even though it's not Dark Souls, I really enjoy their world building. But this month I went with Metro and DMCV, will pick Sekiro up in a couople of months :)

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I will be there day 1 because of From and Miyazaki but I havent been all that hyped about it so far.

Hope it blows me away but I am more excited for other games at the moment overall.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
why would any fan of From Software not give Sekiro a chance?...it'll probably end up being their 2nd or 3rd best game

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I guess my lack of excitement about it is that I am more hyped for Nioh 2 and Ghost of Tsushima that Sekiro. Not really a knock on Sekiro overall and it will likely be better than those two games but I am just more excited about the other two for different reasons.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As far I'm concerned this is the next entry to the souls series. I know the game is a lot different, but theyre cut from the sameness cloth. I love the games for the worlds and gameplay. The RPG mechanics will be missed but I ain't gonna skip on the game cause of it.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Double post. I have stayed away from the previews so far. Might dive into them this weekend. I am all for From doing different things, not in love with what I have seen so far but I'll be there with everyone else to try it out.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
I'm giving it a chance, but not at launch this time. I'm sure it will be enjoyable, but I just have no hype for it at all so I feel like I can easily wait for a good sale on this one.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017

I'm a huge Souls fan who doesn't want a break from it at all and I'm not particularly excited about Sekiro.

The most interesting parts of Souls games for me are build variety, especially with magic-focused or magic-only builds, co-op, and online PvP/covenant interactions.
(That's also why DS2 is actually my favourite game in the series)

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
From Software is one of the Top 3 developers out there (with a minimum of 3 great games)...CD Projekt Red honestly needs Cyberpunk 2077 to be a big hit otherwise they'll be known as The Witcher guys...Naughty Dog is probably the best console exclusive developer...so From Soft might actually be #1 on the list for me

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I will, but I can't say that I'm hyped about it at all. I was at the reveal, but the more we saw the more the hype deflated. Souls is my favorite series and I would gladly take another entry instead of Sekiro.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yes, next year at good discount.

I'm a huge Souls fan who doesn't want a break from it at all and I'm not particularly excited about Sekiro.

The most interesting parts of Souls games for me are build variety, especially with magic-focused or magic-only builds, co-op, and online PvP/covenant interactions.
(That's also why DS2 is actually my favourite game in the series)
Preach.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
The core mechanics are totally different. That has been the biggest take-away from all the previews. Here is one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1TkfBIChMZc

Maybe mechanics was the wrong word. Core design philosophies? It's a difficult game set in a mysterious world with lots of secrets to discover and little the way of guidance. To me that's the core of the Soulsborne games and the same is true here. Of course combat and character progression are different, but... that's minor in my opinion.

Last edited:

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in it, but also worried about getting stuck on a boss. I loved Bloodborne, but I co-coped quite a few bosses.

If people say it's harder than Nioh, then I'll probably skip it.

Yeah i played through all of the souls games and bloodborne solo for the most part, but there were always 2-3 bosses i needed some help with.
Taking away that safety net for an even harder game fills me with dread lol.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Im SUPER excited for it. FromSoft has not let me down yet, and I like that they are trying something different and new!

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely. I am one hundred percent behind From following their ambitions and making what they want than wringing themselves dry with Souls. Their success has given them the possibility to try out other things and I am really excited to get my hands on it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
No. The 'role-playing' element in Souls game are huge deal for me. And I'm ashamed to admit that I use summons (either NPC or other players) for some of the bosses.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Already preordered. The fact that it's a faster single-player-focused action-adventure but still with a large RPG element due to all the upgrade trees is a huge part of the appeal

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Day 1. Love Tenchu, love all of the Souls games, easiest purchase in the world.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Haha this gif basically sums of my intial reaction to seeing this thread. I've been a fan of From Software since they were putting out amazing action games of all sorts on the original Xbox. I'm still waiting for Otogi 3. Of course I'm in for Sekiro.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people saying there are no RPG elements? The previews showed a ton of skill trees and upgrade trees and buffs/status effects, including what seems like special upgrade synergies between certain prosthetics, that should allow for a nice range of builds within the specific character mold

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks great and definitely will play it at some point, but not at launch. The character creation, creating and playing with builds (I know this game still does have some), and online mechanics were my favourite parts of Dark Souls and to a lesser extent Bloodborne. I also have a bit of a backlog at the moment that i'm happy to work through. Definitely excited for this game, but i'm in no rush to play it.

May 10, 2018
I actually said in a post on here a few days ago that I would wait until it was cheap like $20 until I pick up Sekiro but after lurking the preview thread i'm debating making it a day 1 buy. I'm actually not even a Souls fan. Only played the beginning of Bloodborne and that was because of PS+.

Getting more and more interested in Sekiro though.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Why are people saying there are no RPG elements? The previews showed a ton of skill trees and upgrade trees and buffs/status effects, including what seems like special upgrade synergies between certain prosthetics, that should allow for a nice range of builds within the specific character mold
There's your answer, there's only one character mold. Thus, there's only one possible way to tackle the content the game has to offer, because everything is balanced toward that one mold.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I am. It obviously still shares that Souls DNA and I love me some Souls. Lack of multiplayer is definitely disappointing to me, though. It's what turned the previous games from 50 hour games to 500 hour games for me.

Miaus

Jan 28, 2018
My new year's resolution is to spend as little as possible on games this year, so far only bought Wargroove, could hold myself back from NSMBUDX, Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts III and DMC V but I'm not sure if I can not buy Sekiro when it launches, the temptation is too high. :c

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've been a fan of From Software since they were putting out amazing action games of all sorts on the original Xbox. I'm still waiting for Otogi 3. Of course I'm in for Sekiro.
That's how I feel, would love to see a Miyazaki led Otogi project whether a direct sequel in 3 or a spiritual successor. Seeing as rumors say Sekiro started life as a ressurection of Tenchu anything is possible.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Yes, I'm not one of those people who wants FROM to just be a Souls factory forever. It's nice to see them try something a bit different for once.