• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
For Bloodborne, it"s NG+ Laurence and Orphan of Kos. So tough.

For DS3, it's NG+ Midir. Managed to beat him once with help.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Not sure it counts but freakin' Lady Butterfly in Sekiro. I know she's a starter boss. I know the right tactics. I know she's not that hard.

Kicks my ass more than any other boss in the game.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably Laurence. Orphan gave me trouble even on subsequent playthroughs for a while but I got really good at parrying him. Laurence is always a pain to deal with though.

I feel like I would have trouble with Freide on another playthrough, however I've only played AoA once.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Ornstein and Smough.

Something happens to my brain when facing two independent bosses. Like I just can't cope with it, and I inevitably end up sucking.

I can do Midir fine (great fight), Gael, Twin Princes, Nameless King... but I choke on simple Ornstein and Smough.

Luckily, it's really rare in Souls to have fights like that. Most multi-enemy boss fights are simply duplicates (gargoyles) or have a gimmick (Friede) that makes it easy to adapt to there being more than one enemy.

The headless ape duo fight in Sekiro almost broke me too. It only took a few tries (their health and posture is comically low), but I still screwed up royally (at one point, I was just pushing buttons—I couldn't even remember how to fight for a few seconds).

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Logarius solo is freaking impossible (for me) even with Ludwig. Even with 3 other summons, dude could still kick ass and take names.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
2312c8c078754cc8db455cc31e8ddc67.jpg

Beat every souls game and dlc 3+ times but I still cant manage to take her down on solo. phase 1 and 2 are done without trouble, but that extended moveset on the 3rd phase is too much for me.
I found midir to be quite though because of broken hitboxes and health pool but still more manageable than friede.
Rom on the chalices dungeon also gives me quite a lot of trouble because im always too lazy to clear the spider mobs and they can easily 1shot you.
defiled amygdala should be everyone's nº1 but it's mostly because of artificial difficulty

Logarius solo is freaking impossible
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that boss fight and think its very well balanced, never understood why people had trouble with him.
The spell that puts the sword on the ground and throws you a bunch of blood daggers, together with those delayed explosive projectiles add some extra complexity that make the fight really fun for me

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It has to be Darklurker for me. The bloody shitty boss has such a hard path to follow through if you want to reach it every single gotdamn time and then have him spam all sorts of shitty magic attacks with shitty hitboxes and shit where duplicates himself into two bosses. It makes you pull your hair out. Its probably the most frustrating badly designed boss i've seen in Souls. Thanks a lot Dark Souls 2.

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
Haven't beaten Midir, doubt I ever will.

Sister Friede I beat once, but the amount of stress it caused me was high enough that I'll never bother again.

I'm sure Orphan and Slave Knight Gael will always be very difficult for me, but they're fun enough that I don't care.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Sister Friede, although I don't make it easy for myself by tackling her with +6 or +7 weapon. Everything about her screams endgame, just like the Milwood Knights and Corvian Knights that inhabit the painted world. Yet the DLC is littered with Large Titanite Shards and only a few Chunks, which suggests a weapon level of +7 should be fine. It really isn't, as Friede has the distinction of being the only boss in the franchise I have summoned help for.

In Bloodborne it's Master Logarius. I just can't get a read on that guy's moves. Even Orphan of Kos is easier to parry in my opinion. To make it worse, the boss run is probably the worst in the series.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Smelter Demon. The fact that From Soft thought it was alright to clone him in the DLC is rage-inducing.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
Midir was the hardest time I have ever had in the series, for the wrong reasons. Good boss, just giant ass HP bar.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
The one that gives me the most trouble, even on repeated playthroughs, are Bloodborn's cursed chalice bosses... for all the wrong reasons.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Martyr Logarius. I've played through BB so much and he still kicks my ass if I fight him alone.

I've got everything in DS 1 and 3 as well as Sekiro down really well. I'll never touch DS2 again so who knows with that one.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I have beated (nearly) every boss in the Souls games barring DLC. I did beat the DLC of Dark Sould 1 though.

The ones I didn't ever beat were:
DS2:
Darklurker. Fuck that second form. There was one spell that always ruined me.

Bloodborne:
I didn't try the Chalice bosses, so probably there would be plenty to choose from.

DS3:
Nameless King. The first form is so annoying to deal with, that I rarely got to the second part. And beating the second part without practise is hard.

Sekiro:
DoH: Yeah no. I tried to bet it once and that was enough. The amounts of time I would need to practise was not worth it.
The Last boss: Fuck From Software and their hard-on for multiple forms. Could be the first form, didn't have a chance against the second one. If I tried to bet the last boss every day for weeks, I possibly could do it, but I rather play games I enjoy.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I took Midir down with a goddam rapier but it took so many tries. Still love the encounter though. Orphan of Kos would be the only boss I would avoid if I can.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have beaten OoK and Defiled Amygdala solo (NG), and I don't think I will manage to do so ever again.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Friede, Midir, Gundyr and the fake King Zeus in Dark Souls 3.

In Sekiro, the flame beast that I cheesed during my unique run.

In Bloodborne, Lawrence, zombie giants with chains on their back, the aborrhent beast v2, the parasited Bloodletting beast.

Last edited:

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
The Lost Sinner in Dark Souls 2. Had to fight him 50+ times for a drop at NG+++++ bonfire difficulty while in my base game, and I stubbornly did the first 40 or so attempts without a shield. I won with a shield in the end.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Sister Friede in DS3 took me like 6-7 hours. More than twice of anyone else, I think.

Three phases, with the 2nd one being somewhat RNGish and very difficult to complete quickly, made it hell to even get to the final phase. I only had 9 Flask Shards, too.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Sister Friede, by far.

Other fights that I always dread on replays: Kalameet, Darklurker, Lud & Zallen, the Twin Princes, and Gael.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've seen it mentioned a couple times here, but Kalameet. I had played DS1 completely solo the whole way through and managed to beat every other challenge without a ton of headache (both before and since).

Fume Knight, Alonne, Frieda, Artorias? A couple hiccups and some grind to learn the fights but nothing too arduous.

Kalameet though, something about that fight did not click with me. I died over and over and over.

The second toughest would be Bloodborne's final boss. Third, probably Flamelurker.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
All of them, lol. Every time I start replaying one of these games I immediately get stuck in an early-game boss and start to wonder just how it is that I've ever managed to finish any of these lmao.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
legit almost bailed on the bloodborne plat because of the dude in the chalice dungeons that zips around the room with the columns and can hit you through them and all...i just didn't have the stamina to get away, heal, do damage and such. fuck i forget his name but i still hate him

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not much of a veteran, having only completed DS3 and BB.

BB was my first and I was stuck on blood starved beast for so long. I bet it took me like 50 tries. And then I got the DLC like two years later and couldn't make it past the first boss on NG+ so I still haven't gotten anywhere in the DLC.

DS3 has been miles easier for me. I think my toughest bosses were Abyss Watchers, Friede, and Gael but I got them all in under 15 tries I think. Every other boss I got in a couple tries.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Midir isn't too bad once you realize you dodge everything to the right and when you need to run. Demon Prince gave me more trouble my first time through, because it's more of a camera management fight against the two demons before they merge. Ornstein and Smough are still tough for the same reason. Burnt Ivory King is hot bullshit when you don't have a shield.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Pontiff Sulyvahn. It's the only boss I've never beaten by myself and always have to summon the NPC character. I'm sure that with practice I could do it, but the problem is that the walk of shame for him is particularly unbearable for me and whatever argument of how important it is and all that blah blah blah just doesn't applies for this boss in my case, it just makes me to not want to bother learning the fight because I really can't stand the gigantic stretch to the boss, with the slow ass elevator and dogs and ghosts.

Never has a walk of shame managed to bother me so much.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't understand why, but I have played through Dark Souls 1 so many times and every time I die to firesage. Every time. At least once. I don't know why. He's not even hard. I just suddenly can't with him.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Pontiff Sulyvahn. It's the only boss I've never beaten by myself and always have to summon the NPC character. I'm sure that with practice I could do it, but the problem is that the walk of shame for him is particularly unbearable for me and whatever argument of how important it is and all that blah blah blah just doesn't applies for this boss in my case, it just makes me to not want to bother learning the fight because I really can't stand the gigantic stretch to the boss, with the slow ass elevator and dogs and ghosts.

Never has a walk of shame managed to bother me so much.

You got this. There shouldn't be an elevator to the Pontiff; you can walk from the room Anri was in through a gate, up some stairs, and in front of the cathedral pretty quickly. If you want an easy time, get Great Chaos Fire Orb from Smouldering Lake and cast it when he spawns the clone; it one-shots the clone and you can focus on the one boss.

BeanBoi

Jun 20, 2019
Only bosses I've never beaten one on one:
-Manus
-Two tiggies in DS2 DLC
-Sister Fried and the chair man and the hot soup
-Laurence in Bloodborne

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a while but I think Nameless King and Slave Knight Gael would still give me trouble.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As I said before:
Ornstein and Smough
Martyr Logarius
These 2 bosses (3!) always make me mad!

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Orphan and Midr. Dark Souls 2 probably Ivory King. DS1 probably Gwyn cuz I only ever parry in BB.