• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I had the urge to play Dark Souls III the other day. I have never used the Lucerne and picked it for my weapon this playthrough and have enjoyed my time so far but the moment I was dreading is here. The fucking Dancer has kicked my teeth in 5 straight times and for some reason I have never been very good at fighting her. I have beaten this game many times and can pretty much one shot most of the bosses but the Dancer is just the worst for me. What are some of the bosses in the Souls series that you folks still struggle with?

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I can't recall which game this boss was from, but it was some king on top of a snowy castle rooftop that uses a scythe as a weapon, but i remember him giving me problems. I think he was an optional boss so i never defeated him.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I struggle a lot with both Defiled Amygdala and Defiled Watchdog but I have solod them both. I'm just not good enough to take on already tough bosses with half my HP

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I can't recall which game this boss was from, but it was some king on top of a snowy castle rooftop that uses a scythe as a weapon, but i remember him giving me problems. I think he was an optional boss so i never defeated him.

martyr logarius!! He's one of my favorite bosses ever! He's easy if you parry him. Otherwise he's incredibly difficult

Pragmatist

May 30, 2019
Darkbeast Paarl from BB without a doubt. I can defeat every boss in the game easily and consistently except for this mofo.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Darkeater Midir

But I'm of the opinion he's poorly designed with too much HP, damage output, and worst of all designed to be killed by STR weapons.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
None, I co-op all bosses!!

Sorry, callout to that other thread ;P

Seriiously though, DS3, Dancer, always surprises me with a nasty hit. I have never soloed that boss... think it is the only one I have not soloed. Frustrating thing is that when I help others I do so well!

Oct 30, 2017
Darkeater Midir. He's got so much HP. You largely can anticipate him. But due to his health, you just have to be perfect for a long time.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Ornstein and Smough.

I have played and finished all of the Soulsborne games many times but to this day I've still never beating those two fuckers on my own. :-/

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Ruin Sentinels in DkS2 because they are just so god damn boring that I keep trying to do that one extra attack that ends up biting me in the ass.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played Bloodborne ten times and have only beaten Orphan three.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I always dread fighting Orphan of Kos, even after more than a dozen playthroughs in Bloodborne.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sully, I still don't get his openings. I had to over level

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Bed of Chaos. Sometimes I just fall to my death.

A more serious fight, I still struggle with the Sharks guarding the Rakuyo in Bloodborne.

Lastly, not quite the same games but 140 Apex Rajang is probably beyond me. I beat it once and it felt like a miracle. I can't imagine the amount of practice I'd need to get to a comfortable farmable rhythm.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
3E4dJTN.jpg

Fuck these guys.

Cloud_Strife

Nov 23, 2018
Bloodborne - Father Gascoigne lol especially his 2nd phase.
Dark Souls 2- Smelter Demon
Dark Souls 3 - Nameless King and Slave Knight Gael.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Darkeater Midir can fuck himself. I had more trouble with him than any other souls boss.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
They were so many.

Friede. Ludwig. O&S. Pursuer.

Most I felt accomplishment after defeating. Some I just felt pissed off.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
That f*cking Dragon Midir, like everyone else lol

I always summon for him and just play as Support and boost every one and throw heals on every one while I let my Summons finish Midir. The immense health pool was simply flawed boss design.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Ludwig and Orphan from Bloodborne DLC
Sister Friede is what im up to now in DS3 and it might be one of the harder fights

Dark Souls III - Nameless King
Dark Souls 3 - Nameless King

So many say Nameless King but he felt like an average DS3 boss to me while the Dragon Armour and Twin Princes took longer. The camera in phase 1 was the tough part of that one.

Martyr Logarius? Hes pretty tough, but the worst part was mostly the run back to him being really long

Last edited:

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Ornstein & Smaugh. I've always maintained that no matter how cool the whole fight design is, the game's camera has always felt a bit too fiddly to me for managing this encounter and even after what has got to be at least a half-dozen playthroughs I still feel like getting through this one is often luck

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
I beat Orphan and Maria first try but I can't do Sister Friede without summoning. I dunno why that shit is so hard for me. It doesn't seem like it should be.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Ludwig is really giving me a hard time this play through. I always make the mistake of backing away when you need to stay close in to that horse face MF.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Ludwig and Orphan from Bloodborne DLC
Sister Friede is what im up to now in DS3 and it might be one of the harder fights

So many say Nameless King but he felt like an average DS3 boss to me while the Dragon Armour and Twin Princes took longer. The camera in phase 1 was the tough part of that one.
My pick is Nameless as well, 1 because of the camera which yeah, it's bad. But 2 is because there being no floor messes with my perception of depth and I whiff attack and get hit because of it.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Taurus Demon
Demon of Song
Cleric Beast
Nameless King

My Nemesis! Nemesiss ?

Aug 28, 2019
Well I haven't played these for a while, but it has to be the Fume Knight. Jesus. For some reason, I just had a hard time reading its attacks.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
BB: Gascoigne, Ebrietas
DS3: Dancer, Champion Gundyr, Nameless King and probably Friede and the later Ringed City Bosses I haven't tried

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I play them all so often that none of them really do anymore. A few still make me nervous though... Flamelurker, Maneaters, O&S, Orphan, and SSI come to mind.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I never actually replayed Old Hunters but if I had to guess, I'm sure it would be this guy.
a6ozA8b_700b.jpg

Killed me like 20-30 times before I could beat him the first time I played through the DLC.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
There's only 2 bosses I've never beaten solo and they are Nameless King and Ludwig. I haven't played the DLC for 3 or Sekiro yet.