• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Got this during the sale as well.

Saw someone post their Guybrush Threepwood & Ghost Pirate LeChuck custom characters a while ago and desperately wish I could find them to download. Colonel Sanders & Sub-Zero just don't have the same charm.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Got this during the sale as well.

Saw someone post their Guybrush Threepwood & Ghost Pirate LeChuck custom characters a while ago and desperately wish I could find them to download. Colonel Sanders & Sub-Zero just don't have the same charm.

I need to remake my SCV Guybrush, because that was, and I hate to blow my own trumpet, legit as hell.
It's just a case of not being bothered to hook my PS3 back up, and hoping all the parts I used are still in/not in the season 2 creator pack.

I'm also not sure if I should use Amy's style instead, just because I never liked Raphael on v, and Amy seems alright here. THat being said, I've not tried Raphael on this yet.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
EPJ8luLUcAAUVam

I've hit Rank B3! This really great sport of a Nightmare player rematched me a dozen times and I handily won most of them, so I'm now almost up to B2. Still, progressing through B3 and even maintaining rank has been a capital S struggle. I'm less than 1k SR from getting into B2 but I wouldn't be shocked if I get my ass kickd back to B4 first.

I swear I cycle through kryptonites; certain match ups that just seem unwinnable to me for weeks or months. End of last year it was Astaroth, then before that it was Zasalamel, but now it's fucking Raphael and 2B. I have a SERIOUSLY tough time both of those bastards.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
EPJ8luLUcAAUVam

I've hit Rank B3! This really great sport of a Nightmare player rematched me a dozen times and I handily won most of them, so I'm now almost up to B2. Still, progressing through B3 and even maintaining rank has been a capital S struggle. I'm less than 1k SR from getting into B2 but I wouldn't be shocked if I get my ass kickd back to B4 first.

I swear I cycle through kryptonites; certain match ups that just seem unwinnable to me for weeks or months. End of last year it was Astaroth, then before that it was Zasalamel, but now it's fucking Raphael and 2B. I have a SERIOUSLY tough time both of those bastards.

That's my issue too, although on a much lower scale lol since the highest I ever got was D1. I cannot have consistency to save my life, and most of the times my winning streaks get crushed by a random S/A/B match up.

I really should try to change my habits and smoke less weed/drink less beer during my SC online sessions ^^

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Things have been so inconsistent with Talim for me that I ranked down for the first time last week from D4 to D5, whatever gains I occasionally make constantly wiped out thanks to the fact that losing ends up taking away far more points than actually winning based on how the new system is balanced (if I were to be blunt, I can no longer say that it's better than how SFV's awful ranked mode works, especially considering the fact that there aren't consistent point values tied to each rank in this like with that game). The only one I've made any real progress with is Cass in reaching D1, having to work so much harder with Talim by comparison more often than not doing no favors for morale.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the points system is far from perfect, too dependant on winning streaks, and the way matchmaking works isn't made for this kind of points system.

However on me it had the opposite effect, in that I don't really stress out losing even against a same rank player, points go up and down fast, so at least it makes me not bother losses. I'd still like a way to have matchmaking for your rank only (1 to 5 of course) while also keeping the current system, because I also quite like the random S rank encounters, they help you learn to keep calm and try your best, you lose nothing from getting your ass kicked, and the rare random round win against them is so damn satisfying and encouraging :)

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Things have been so inconsistent with Talim for me that I ranked down for the first time last week from D4 to D5, whatever gains I occasionally make constantly wiped out thanks to the fact that losing ends up taking away far more points than actually winning based on how the new system is balanced (if I were to be blunt, I can no longer say that it's better than how SFV's awful ranked mode works, especially considering the fact that there aren't consistent point values tied to each rank in this like with that game). The only one I've made any real progress with is Cass in reaching D1, having to work so much harder with Talim by comparison more often than not doing no favors for morale.

Talim has major flaws, just about every Talim player ends up with a secondary, which eventually becomes their main because it's nice to have good matchups.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I fuckin' loooove all the SC love from NLBC. I really wish there was more a regular fighting game scene in my... state, or even the state below me lol.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Does anyone know HOW the hell Nightmare is able to auto GI Voldo's Soul Charged 3A+B? It's a break attack, and it's obvious that Nightmare doesn't get any kind of RI for this auto GI. Wtf.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So for Cassandra's story mode, does anyone know who voices Lucius? Because I can't unhear Elijah Wood.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone buy the newest season pass? Finding it hard to justify paying $33 for it right now.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone buy the newest season pass? Finding it hard to justify paying $33 for it right now.
Unless the costume pack that comes out at the same time as Haohmaru has stuff I'd want to use, I think I'm just gonna buy the characters a la carte, which will be cheaper. Plus I'm not into Hilde so I may wait until future sales way down the line to pick that up.

Wish they did a character pass and a customization pass with an overall season pass for those who want both cause I feel like a lot of people look at these season passes and see a lot of stuff they don't want that they have to pay for.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I already went with buying a la carte with S1, and that had characters I actually wanted. Planning on doing the same and waiting on sales for S2 now that I know they're willing to offer DLC for half price.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm just going to go a la carte - only thing I actually want so far is Hoahmaru. Even assuming I'll probably want another character or two, the season pass value isn't there.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Which characters are the easiest to use? I know Geralt is easy, so I'm thinking of maining him, but anyone else?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Gerald, Groh, Azwel, 2B. To an extent Cassandra too
I wouldn't really call Azwel easy to use, given all of the weapon/stance switching (strong even after all of the nerfs, but too much micromanagement for a beginner character). Groh is another stance character, yet as someone who plays him on occasion, I would say his limitations even after what S2's given him are more the issue with playing him effectively. Geralt is reasonably accommodating, though additional meter management has to be taken into account with him, and the amount of options 2B has provide enough to ease in new players.

With Cass pretty much being my best character at this point, I would say that she's the most user-friendly of those choices.

Last edited:

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Which characters are the easiest to use? I know Geralt is easy, so I'm thinking of maining him, but anyone else?

In addition to what other characters were already mentioned, I'd say Nightmare, Siegfried, Misturugi, Mina, Sophitia, and Kilik are also pretty straightforward. Every character has unique quirks of course, and there's a surprising amount of characters that have building or "leveling up" systems that change them over the course of the match, but don't let complexity deter you; just play who looks the coolest/most appealing. Every character has a lot of depth so it still takes a good amount of practice, learning, and adaptation to get comfortable and avoid bad/unsafe habits. Even if you pick a complicated character like Voldo, Yoshi, or Ivy, they're still totally approachable jumping into the game.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Haohmaru Launch Trailer

Looks like he's actually got a few different mechanics, drinks from his sake for life gain and has his RAGE/BURST mode.

No Haomaru parts, but includes a Nakoruru costume with birb.

Also the next CAS pack - looks like another batch of modern style clothes (boxer's outfit and a pair of overalls).

Releases next Tuesday on March 31st!

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Haohmaru Launch Trailer

Looks like he's actually got a few different mechanics, drinks from his sake for life gain and has his RAGE/BURST mode.

No Haomaru parts, but includes a Nakoruru costume with birb.

Also the next CAS pack - looks like another batch of modern style clothes (boxer's outfit and a pair of overalls).

Releases next Tuesday on March 31st!

Nice! Where did they announce this just a cold drop?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Hm not much in terms of balance changes mostly hitbox related stuff

New stage looks great but Holy shit the dof is extreme on the new stage

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, leaks for the last two rumored characters in this season as well (I suspect a long wait before any official word).

www.avoidingthepuddle.com

Rumor: Modders potentially discover the next two DLC characters in SoulCalibur VI Season 2 - News - Avoiding The Puddle

Once again, a big new update for SoulCalibur VI dropped meaning people on the internet are goin...

I'll save the trouble and completely disregard spoiler culture by saying files naming Setsuka and Hwang as the last two S2 DLC characters were found.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Neither a surprise but I am more than happy to not have to wonder anymore if Setsuka might actually not be one of the characters for whatever reason.

So excited for her to be back. Curious if her design will be more 3 or 4

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
No joke: I've been lurking in this thread since it began, only hoping for word of Hwang. This is AWESOME news!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Setsuka and Hwang are the characters I have been looking forward to so this is good news.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Haohmaru might have the most lenient deadly rave i've ever experienced
you can make so many mistakes and it'll still let you keep going