• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I only played Soul Calibur a long time ago on the ps3, sc4 maybe? I don't remember.
What I wanted to know is: how complex is it as a fighting game?

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
If they wanna have fun button mashing, then let them have fun button mashing, being average tier isn't the end of the world and you can still have fun. Hell, button mashing is how I started to learn what moves are and got me to decide to try out training mode to actually figure out what each button does.

Either way, best character to get away with button mashing with is Killik.

How is this a fun argument all of the sudden when I'm simply saying some advice isn't all that great if you intend to mash which you agree upon when it came to maxi? The only character it won't screw you up on that was mentioned was talim since she doesn't shift as much to the degree that taki or maxi can when you mash moves.

Seriously I'm moving on do what you like.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
If they wanna have fun button mashing, then let them have fun button mashing, being average tier isn't the end of the world and you can still have fun. Hell, button mashing is how I started to learn what moves are and got me to decide to try out training mode to actually figure out what each button does.

Either way, best character to get away with button mashing with is Killik.
Yeah, that's what I meant by button mashing xD
Learning to be good at a fighting game takes time, and I know some people like to play some fun games while they are learning, or not learn at all, that's what I wanted to say with taking time to truly learn the moves after having some button mashing fun.

We all play SC and T7 at the office where I work, there are some that want to learn the game, and others that just want to have some quick fun, and I completely forgot about Kilik: he's really good at mashing and getting away with it xD

Oct 25, 2017
Voidu is EU only. You'll need to VPN both Voidu and Steam to use it, though activating products on Steam via VPN may be against ToS.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Voidu is EU only. You'll need to VPN both Voidu and Steam to use it, though activating products on Steam via VPN may be against ToS.
Boo! I'll just get the standard version and see what other characters are going to be released before diving in. I like Tira, but not sure if I'd use her enough to justify $30 right now.

Oct 29, 2017
Given how the input lag was fixed in T7, there's no reason to think why it wouldn't be fixed in this game. We'll see if the day 1 patch will do anything. Waiting to see results on the PC version.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any tutorial videos folks recommend to watch to someone who is quite familiar with fighters but not with this franchise?

Beta didn't even have simple what does this button do. So I didn't bother.

Any basic run down of command prompts and mechanics ?

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
If I remember correctly SC games are fine to play with the motion stick on a controller right? I have a nice arcade stick as well but I just prefer to play with controller if possible as long as the motion stick is usable and not forced to use the dpad.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way i can reliably pull Ivy's Calamily Symphony on my hitbox, the dream is dead

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this game available on Steam this afternoon, when its release date is tomorrow? I've seen things come out at 9pm Pacific because that's midnight on the east coast, but this one is at 3pm Pacific, which makes no sense.

Not complaining :) Just seems odd, did they mess up their Steam settings or something?

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
If I remember correctly SC games are fine to play with the motion stick on a controller right? I have a nice arcade stick as well but I just prefer to play with controller if possible as long as the motion stick is usable and not forced to use the dpad.

Doesn't seem to matter as much. Met plenty in sc2 comp who used a GC controller and did fine.

Oct 28, 2017
So does the game have no real cutscenes and it's all just pictures?

As I understand, there are two story modes. Soul Chronicle has some real cutscenes, Libra of Souls only has pictures.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. And the real cutscenes are pretty barebones, though I haven't fully completed Soul Chronicle yet so maybe the later ones are better. They're super short. The bulk of the story is through text. It works, though. Feels kind of like a classic RPG.

Are we able to use custom characters online?

Yes.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I suck lol, should probably live in training mode for a bit but this is so fun.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody know if the PC version supports keyboard? Gonna be at work with just my laptop when the game unlocks...

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't followed the game closely.

Is it already know:
-if the game has unlockables (concept art, videos, ...)?
-if the soundtrack features tracks from past games (in particular from the first Soul Calibur)?
-how long will the SP mode Libra of Soul be?

thanks

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Is it already know:
-if the game has unlockables (concept art, videos, ...)?
-if the soundtrack features tracks from past games (in particular from the first Soul Calibur)?
-how long will the SP mode Libra of Soul be?
-Unlockable concept art from all the games from the series
-not currently, but it looked like the music interface might have room for expansion
-I've seen very conflicting reports. One early preview said 20 or 30 hours, another said 8. So I'll lean towards the low end to be safe.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Given how the input lag was fixed in T7, there's no reason to think why it wouldn't be fixed in this game. We'll see if the day 1 patch will do anything. Waiting to see results on the PC version.
After T7 input lag was fixed thanks to UE4 update, SC6 producer or dev said that SC6 will be using that UE4 input lag update from the get go. So I dunno, maybe I remember this wrong.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this game available on Steam this afternoon, when its release date is tomorrow? I've seen things come out at 9pm Pacific because that's midnight on the east coast, but this one is at 3pm Pacific, which makes no sense.

Not complaining :) Just seems odd, did they mess up their Steam settings or something?

Shh... Let this remain a secret

Oct 26, 2017
In video #2 those wall combos look same length as dbfz (10 seconds). There goes myth combos are short seems like

To be fair, the long combos in this game usually have stringent conditions. Such as being in soul charge, or having your opponent near a wall(or sometimes a wall at your back!), or Tira being in gloomy stance.

DBFZ's combos don't really have such stringent conditions.