• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's dance.
WCCFsoulcalibur617.jpg
Why Raphael is looking like Kyosuke from Rival Schools?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so what's the CaS debacle exactly? (Add it to the list of disappointments I guess)

EDIT: Meant to post it in the other topic talking about it, still relevant here though.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wait, so what's the CaS debacle exactly? (Add it to the list of disappointments I guess)

EDIT: Meant to post it in the other topic talking about it, still relevant here though.
SCVI is launching with only a small fraction (literally) of CaS items when compared to previous releases.
Almost all of these are actually ported from VI and V, the only new items are evidently ones created for the new main character outfits.

SCV had many many more clothing choices.
SCVI has ported only some of these over, and is holding some more hostage for DLC.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SCVI is launching with only a small fraction (literally) of CaS items when compared to previous releases.
Almost all of these are actually ported from VI and V, the only new items are evidently ones created for the new main character outfits.

SCV had many many more clothing choices.
SCVI has ported only some of these over, and is holding some more hostage for DLC.
Wait, that's even worse than I thought from the other thread. They took AWAY pieces?! Why would they do that? I just don't get it at all. This doesn't beat only 11 stages for me, but it's a pretty large disappointment -- especially with an entire single player mode revolving around CaS now.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Wait, that's even worse than I thought from the other thread. They took AWAY pieces?! Why would they do that? I just don't get it at all. This doesn't beat only 11 stages for me, but it's a pretty large disappointment -- especially with an entire single player mode revolving around CaS now.
So we can pay for 5+ year old equipment pieces that Scamco will probably put in the season pass.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
If anyone has this early, does it record your playtime on PS4? This is an insignificant thing that is extremely significant to me.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Here's a count of the female headgear compared with SCV, it's shameless
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...es-guests-dlc-etc.26078/page-71#post-13873900

Oct 29, 2017
You guys are getting it all wrong, this is all part of the plan. They're doing this so people don't even want to use CaS, and if there won't be people using CaS they won't show up in online modes. Bingo.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else sort of conflicted on getting this game because of how light it is on content?
  • Only two new characters, 20 total.
  • Just 10 stages.
  • A lot of recycled material in the CAS, with their being very little to begin with.
The single player modes look amazing though, and the beta was fantastic.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Will wait for a sale but it looks fun. I just don't have time to learn another fighter right now.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we can pay for 5+ year old equipment pieces that Scamco will probably put in the season pass.

Anyone else sort of conflicted on getting this game because of how light it is on content?
  • Just 10 stages.
  • A lot of recycled material in the CAS, with their being very little to begin with.

:(

I already bought the deluxe version a couple weeks ago. Kind of feel like a sucker, no lie.

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't the same happen with Tekken 7 though? I recall there being some backlash with Tekken 7's customization options compared to TTT2. Not trying to excuse it of course, but it seems to be a thing they're doing now.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
  • Just 10 stages.

Don't forget no 2P costumes, half-assed arcade mode (with no character select screen?!), no intro movie and then actually removing a whole character to peddle their season pass with. If 3D fighters weren't such a scarce commodity these days I'd have written this game off ages ago with this level of b*llshit. As it stands I think I'll wait to pick it up cheap. The single-player stuff would need to be the most amazing thing ever to counter all this so I guess we'll see.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Haven't played SC in forever. SC2 was probably the last one. Think I'm going to pick this one up though. Hopefully it catches on because, as much as I love fighting games, I'm not playing SFV as much as I used to play SFIV. It may be time to learn something new.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking of cancelling my collectors ed but I just seen my card was charged. Would rather have the pc version but I also want the statue.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
So there's no alternate costumes and CAS is the same from 5 with less pieces. Why does Namco hates Soulcalibur fans? At least the gameplay is super fun but Namco is lacking on the content.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Just 10 stages.
I've been hearing that it's packed with content including like 40 hours worth of story mode content?
Regardless, I've got it preordered and will be there day one!

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I was going to :( I actually bought all the DLC on the previous entries day one, I love SC.
But this one's gone a bit too far for me.

I'll still be there day one, but with the standard edition.
I just think the SP and the multi story stuff will really drag me in, plus relearning all the new moves and such, I'll feel like it's SC2 all over again with the solid gameplay. It's been 15 years bruh

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, no amount of explaining is going to get people to relax but they added the stuff you can't really add later like two full blown story modes, rock solid online, and an amazing gameplay system and are going to make us pay for stuff that can be added later, like characters and costumes.

It'd be nice to get PS2 levels of content for the same price as 15 years ago but that's not going to happen. So either we have to pay more or not get the extra stiff at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly debating on buying this just so I can support the franchise, if Namco can provide great post launch support I'll be content with my purchase.

Really does stink that the CAS isn't as good. I mean, SCV's CAS was something amazing with all the items that you could have; heck, you can even make a character have Devil Jin's playstyle. Again, if they can keep adding onto it, I'll be good.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I just think the SP and the multi story stuff will really drag me in, plus relearning all the new moves and such, I'll feel like it's SC2 all over again with the solid gameplay. It's been 15 years bruh
I've no doubt it'll play like a dream, and I missed out on the beta!
I got sucked into watching stream matches and I never watch streams, it was awesome. I might actually dip into online this time around if I can get confident enough with Mi-Na (I'm super happy she's finally back).

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I'm also disappointed with a lot of things, but going by the beta, they've managed to nail the most important part - the core gameplay.

After playing the beta I went from "meh" to "I NEED THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!" I don't think a Soul Calibur game has ever felt this good to play. It seems to be the perfect blend of old and new.

It just all feels right. It's fast. It's fluid. The characters feel nice and agile and less weighted than they did in IV and even V, and I love all the new mechanics too. So many delicious mind games!

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Waiting to hear some actual details on the "two story modes" pretty down for this though. CAS was never my jam personally but I definitely hear the complaints. Also no Hilde hurts. Almost forgot that I need confirmation on the online region stuff. Don't want to be linked to NA players again when using my normal account!

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Super excited. Annoying seeing all these storefronts sending out their keys while IndieGala is still "This serial will be available on release day". I know there's no pre-load on PC yet so it's not like it matters but I want it in my account damn it, I want to be able to admire its presence while eagerly waiting for Thursday.

I've always gravitated towards the more ranged weapon users in this game (Mina, Hilde, Xiba) but I think I'm going to leave all that behind this time and go all in on Yoshi. I love watching people play him, and he's always seemed like such a fun character.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'll wait for reviews. I have to say I am a little disappointed by the lack of stages and "small" roster. They did bring back characters I love, such as Zasalamel and Talim...

Wait and see. I need more information.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Since Hwang hasn't been confirmed yet, I'm waiting on purchasing my own copy. In the meantime, thank goodness for roommates that buy everything!

I do hope this does well and that Namco continues to invest and improve the game. Soulcalibur is one of my favorite series ever and I want to see it back to its former glory.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do we know yet if you unlock different weapons per character with properties like Weapon Master mode in SC2?