• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
3ad.jpg

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I can agree that Jodeci isn't...

GODDAMMIT! No! Freakin' You is the only JoJo ending song I just can't abide by, it's such a bad song. The second ending with Enigma is so much better!
Haha. I love it because it's a song I grew up with and it was also the last song I expected to hear as an anime ending which made it's debut one of the most wtf moments I've had ever. I'm pretty sure the only reason they used it is because one of the members of the group is named Jo Jo. I can't help but love that.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
"Shiki no Uta" & "The Real Folk Blues" are both superior as mentioned in this thread.

Edit: Not to mention "Fukai Mori", "Let It All Out", and a few others also in this thread...

Last edited:

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can't claim it! Love Yes...and also started watching JoJo...so I love it, but it's not an anime song :)

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I was here about to argue about who and what, but instead I am listening to awesome music, thanks everyone!

Kudos to Ishida for bringing Tatami Galaxy to the conversation. Such a masterpiece!

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017

That moment when the song started playing while Ed was refusing to leave his brother's body behind, and then when he pointed him, telling him he would come back for him... Pure hype. No matter how many years pass, it is stille one of the best moments in anime.

As for me, I will go with Houkiboshi from Bleach.

The song is fine, but what makes this ending awesome for me is that each episode focused in a different squad. and of course, captain, lieutenant and other members of the squad. Man, Soul Society was really Bleach's best arc.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
shit the mob psycho posts on the previous pages reminded me...how could i forget the king!?!? top 10 greatest EDs of all time

But that's not Return. HxH is a perfect counterpoint, but Return would be the ideal answer.

Also no one in hear defending the amazing TTGL Ending #2 as the perfect outro is a crime.

Return? you mean Reason?

also great pick. Minna no Peace is a fantastic song.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I was just thinking about this last night and came of with a top 3.

1. Modern Crusaders by Enigma (JoJo Part 5)
2. Paranoid Android by Radiohead (Ergo Proxy)
3. I Wanna Be by Stance Punks (Soul Eater)

Roundabout is used well in JJBA, but as an outro it's kind of weak. It's timed perfectly at the end scenes of episodes, but the lamest part of that song makes up the actual credits theme.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
One of the chillest EDs and still a god damn masterpiece

and ED 1 being just so...special back then. We didn't really have a lot of EDs like this ever

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one has always been pretty great too
yeah if people are just posting good songs i was gonna start too and i was gonna post this. although the ending itself was also freaking great. someone once remade it using one piece characters and i used part of it as my avatar in another forum and still do.

Sf7bAA4.gif

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Also I'm going to drop a massive hot take: the best thing Roundabout has going for it are the memes and the one Zeppeli scene.

Both Walk Like an Egyptian and I Want You are better EDs.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
You right Cantaim.
However since this thread is basically an excuse to post great endings, let me present you this one

I don't think it's a popular choice, and I don't really know myself why I love it that much but I do.
It's just so good, it's full of energy. The song, the (goofy) poses the characters are in, everything, I love it so much
Bless the Haikyu anime (and manga)

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Roundabout by Yes is an amazing and classic song that never got the recognition it deserved. So calling it the best anime ending song is both true yet also horribly unfair to all other anime ending songs.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Its good song (that wasn't made for the anime) but the actual credits animation isn't great.
Using a classic song to end episodes doesn't really say much, but it does work weirdly well to end episodes.

Last edited:

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
Sure, everyone loves "Roundabout", but if we're talking 1970s rock songs being repurposed as anime end themes then my vote goes for the two episodes of Maison Ikkoku that used Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Get Down":

Admittedly, their using O'Sullivan's "Alone Again" for the opening theme is even better, but sadly that'll have to wait until the next time we're specifically discussing 1970s rock songs being repurposed as anime openings.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. So wrong. Ghost in the Shell exists.

Only Cowboy Beebop comes close to Gits perfect ending songs. Followed by Inuyasha.

Thank fuck someone linked Lithium Flower. Sooooo good.

Code Geass also had baller EDs:

Valvrave the Liberator also had a sick one that they'd fade in before the ending like Roundabout:

Last edited: