• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Raina

Raina

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pretty much things like that. People who can't win with grace and be respectful to the other team/player by taunting, saying how easy the game was for them, that sort of thing. Always comes across as pretty egotistical and immature to me, whether they're on my team or not. Happens a lot in the all-chat after games of Dota and Counter-Strike.
Ah, got it. Teabagging was super common in Third Strike online because unlike modern fighters, 3S lets you control your character for two seconds after you've KOd your opponent. No prizes for guessing what those people did with their two seconds.

Teabagging's in Smash Bros too. I've noticed that taunts are disabled in Smash Bros online play which is pretty funny tbh. So people get creative with griefing you. I've seen people attempt to teabag via crouching over nothing, and others doing attacks that look like taunts in a random corner of the stage with no-one else around.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate when people whine/complain at his teammates during online play. And when people give up too easily and start throwing. Guaranteed to lose because of those.
Seems common among millennials.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
I'll still run into a rage quitters or people who just stop playing mid match but my favorite has always been the hate mail.
It's been a while since I got any hate mail from competitive games though but it might be because I turned messaging to private so I only get messages from friends on PSN now. I actually didn't mind hate mail as it was always pretty funny but I only changed messages to private because before that I've been getting a lot of weird ad spamming on PSN and it was getting pretty annoying.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I get really frustrated in Natural Selection 2 matches, but it's the quiet fuming to myself without being a dick to others.
I really need to get a mic for that game, it'd make me so much calmer because no one listens to people who text.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I get hate mail when I use the Enforcer to defend the hills in Gears 4 MP. I just reply with "Lol" which gets them more mad.

Roukira

Dec 1, 2018
France, Paris
I actually got DDOS'd once a long time ago because some guy was raging pretty hard on a League game after I kept destroying him. I was a fool and accepted to come skype to talk, and I didn't know about a skype issue that allowed others to know your IP. That was a long time ago now ^^

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think, legitimately, the time I started taking online gaming as a joke and a time waster was Peggle.

See, Peggle came out on the 360, and it had online multiplayer. The chillest game in the world. Surely, SURELY no one could care if they win or lose in PEGGLE, right? Hah.

I played some matches online and lost my first few, which was like whatever, it's literally somebody else making the balls go and do the sounds; that's Peggle in the end. Then at least half the time I win or start to win, my opponent would leave. Didn't even think that it was ragequitters; I though it was netcode or bugs or bad connections. Of course the day I get a message after one ragequit filled with The Usual Crap, it dawned on me.

People are rage quitting Peggle.

People get heated and care that much. About Peggle.

Whatever. Nowadays I get in on a game when it's new and everybody's happy and discovering and being comrades (Overwatch) and then just get the hell out when the absolute puff muffins known as Real Gamers with Real Attitude (tm) start to be a thing (...Overwatch).

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
At high level play maybe but this thread isn't about high level anything, it's about casual online play. In any case there are countless examples of come-from-behind wins, blunders, and all sorts of things but no one has ever won after they've resigned.

The thread doesn't apply to "casual online" which doesn't exist, it's multiplayer online. That you play on a casual or expert level doesn't change that, maybe casual online is when you play with friends online.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I thought you got penalized for suicide in smash online?

I just do a private party and don't allow messages from randos online. I don't have time to deal with idiots. Hopefully the game company penalize rage quitters

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
"Tryhards in quick play..."

"Why are you trying so hard in QP?"

"Wow, imagine going GOATs in quick play."

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
I'm by no means dominant in most online games, except NHL. And for some reason, anytime I score a third goal, to go up 3-0, opponent drops. Doesn't matter if it was in the first, second, or third period. That's the game. I never understand it.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually got DDOS'd once a long time ago because some guy was raging pretty hard on a League game after I kept destroying him. I was a fool and accepted to come skype to talk, and I didn't know about a skype issue that allowed others to know your IP. That was a long time ago now ^^

I'm currently having something similar like this atm. Someone tends to "hack" my pc and gets in when i play online and starts trying to trigger me, mess me up, and mess the game up. This been going on for years now.

Nov 17, 2017
It's annoying when you win in a game and while the victory animation is playing but before the match technically concludes, the game freezes for a bit and then you're disconnected. Like if you're gonna rage quit that late, don't do it at all.

Roukira

Dec 1, 2018
France, Paris
I'm currently having something similar like this atm. Someone tends to "hack" my pc and gets in when i play online and starts trying to trigger me, mess me up, and mess the game up. This been going on for years now.
Does the issue still exist in Skype? If yes, I would recommend to stop using it at all, I'm using Discord since a few years now and it's been great so far !

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the worst game I ever played that I saw sore losers was Rocket League. It always blew my mind when people would quit out of the match with like 30 seconds left because we were losing by a goal or two.

Like damn people, you are so mad you lost you can't even stick around for the final 30 seconds? I cannot imagine being this mad about some video game shit.

luoapp

Oct 27, 2017
I think the worst game I ever played that I saw sore losers was Rocket League. It always blew my mind when people would quit out of the match with like 30 seconds left because we were losing by a goal or two.

Like damn people, you are so mad you lost you can't even stick around for the final 30 seconds? I cannot imagine being this mad about some video game shit.
I just quit, never rage, never mad. It's not even about to deprive you the satisfaction, simply don't want to waste time. Like for the thirty seconds plus the time of your victory lap, I am already playing the next game.

Nov 17, 2017
If there's anything I learned from years of multiplayer, never give up and never surrender.
Yeah I've made some of the craziest comebacks and had someone make the craziest comeback on me in many games over the years. I'm gonna keep trying to win until the very end. And even if I know I'm gonna lose, I'd rather go out fighting than to just quit.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's the one, yes. He handles losses in a truly spectacular fashion. Also tried to fight some guy in real life when he beat his ass fifty times in a row.

Hateful and mean-spirited would probably be better terms to use, rather than something that minimizes or reduces absolutely abhorrent behavior. But you do you.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I get a lot of messages when playing Battlefield either saying I'm cheating (I play on console so.. lol), trying too hard, camping, or whatever else they've made up in their own heads about me. On the other hand I also get a lot of gg's so I haven't lost complete faith in the Battlefield community. It's usually the good players that send nicer messages and the complete trash players that send hate mail.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
LTG thread?

LTG thread.

Ps, that guy is scum. Rotten, tepid, rancid, manky scum.

QE, I see some of you folks have come across this cretin. Yup, scum.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
As someone who is not that great at multiplayer games, whenever I lose (at a game like Halo for example), I almost always give a GG.

The people who should burn are the people who like to team kill. God, that can be rough.

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Fighting games this happens all the time. Someone salty because they can't block or mix up and its YOU CHEESING THEM! lol, love it!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I played Graal Online a little bit back when they had F2P. If you haven't heard of it, I think it was originally an MMO remake of A Link to the Past, and it was still blatantly based off Zelda. Anyhow, one of my favourite things about this game was that the community was terrible and everyone would be constantly trying to kil each other and steal their money. The game would lag if you went outside the bank because there's just a huge dogpile of people who came to try to kill anyone who might be making a deposit, and end up killing each other instead.

The sore loser story I have revolves around fighting fish. This was a Pokemon-esque mechanic where you catch a fish in a bottle, then you can release them and fight each other. I didn't really engage with the community and just explored it like a regular adventure game, so I just happened upon it an didn't really know how they worked.

A little while later, a guy came up to me and asked if I had just caught a fighting fish. I don't know if you can check this somehow or if he was just asking random people. Anyhow, I did, so I agreed to go fight them. We went to this area under a bridge where there's a little round pond.

We release our fish. His was a different colour than mine, which I didn't understand the significance of at the moment. But the fish fight automatically; we have no control over them. My fish manages to win, and kills his. Like, it's gone. It turns out that there's permadeath for fighting fish. My fish also levels up, which changes its colour. He had a level 2 fish and was presumably trying to find people like me to prey on.

The guy's sore loser shtick starts off with "you killed my fish..." while I'm piecing together what's going on. Of course, I had no intention of killing his fish, that's just how things work. Then he uses his fishing rod and tries to catch my fish, but it returns to me on its own. Finally, he tries to attack me - which wouldn't allow him to steal anything other than my money anyway - and I manage to kill him first. I think I had done some quest that gives you a sword upgrade.

At that time, you didn't have to respawn right away after dying, and you could still talk while dead. So for several minutes, the guy's corpse was just lying there while he tried to guilt me. "You killed my fish. It took me so long to find that fish!"

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Xbox_4127e4_6490849.jpg
Am radio? Not FM?
Pretty restrained insult really.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Last week I had someone disconnect in Smash Ultimate after the KO zoom in but before they actually got killed, nullifying my GSP win. I reported and blocked them. That's just total BS.

OP
OP
Raina

Raina

Oct 25, 2017

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
What's a sore winner? Like, taunting you after they beat you?

For me players who win in very close matches then quit without giving a chance for a rematch. Only to latter get paired up again. This shows that they haven't quit playing, but to much of a chicken shit for a rematch.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I partially wish switch had messaging so I could get rage fueled hate mail from salty people.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I love it when you score the first goal in Rocket League and the other team quits right away.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I love seeing the supposed team leader in Rocket League complain about how the other two are dragging them down, looking at the player scores, and seeing that person dead last in points with nothing accomplished. You're 1/3rd of the blame for the loss. Suck it up.

Or the guy that's so mad at the other team getting a goal or two or three before us that they initiate the forfeit prompt about 30 seconds into a game when there's plenty of time to come back if we get our act together. I've even had somebody do that with about 14 seconds left in the game when we're down one and I want to tell them we're almost done anyway, so knock it off. Or they just quit after the two of us balk at his forfeit plan and we get to play seriously. I tend to do a Nooooo! in the quick chat at those people.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just quit, never rage, never mad. It's not even about to deprive you the satisfaction, simply don't want to waste time. Like for the thirty seconds plus the time of your victory lap, I am already playing the next game.

My only argument is. You don't get exp when you leave. And I cannot count the number of times we have came back and scored to win after some loser left with a minute left or 30 seconds left. Rocket League is a fast game. Seems ridiculous that you play to save 30 seconds of time because you aren't winning? Do you only enjoy the game when you have the lead?