• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At least he learned to build before RTX 3000 series rolling in, so he has some preparation before the real deal...by swapping the GPU.

Yeah not like he has to do a lot this time lol. Also no mistake about him using his new PC already for over 2 months and then just upgrading in the next few months easily.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
That's ok, he can just give it to me. That way, it won't go to waste.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you who don't know: https://www.resetera.com/threads/henry-cavill-builds-pc.249175/ He just built a gaming PC.

He built it with a 2080ti. Which just became obsolete. It wouldn't have been so bad if he went with EVGA as he'd still be within the 3 month (?) step up range. I feel like he just shot himself in the foot. Superman or not. I'm just a noob when it comes to computers but I at least know how much of a mistake he just made and the PC community will probably jump all over him for this. He's in BIG trouble. Anyone going to break the bad news to him???????

I would do it, but I don't want to hurt him.

Thanks. Love and Peace. ✌
They made $1500 in the time it taken you to write this

They'll be fine.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all talk like his 2080Ti is about to just stop working

Sure, it was a bad value for money, but it's still a killer card that will chew through most games.

Are we really at the point of caring about a celebrities finances?

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking your PC is obsolete because you dont have a $1500 video card is ... well, its definitely an opinion

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The rest of his build was fine so all he needs to do is sell the 2080ti and upgrade, overall he'll probably lose like $300. I'm pretty sure he could afford that.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
He is going to look at the cost of top-end replacement parts and be shocked that money goes that low.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He'll just upload a video of him exchanging the GPU for the new one and call it a day

Being a millionaire must be hard T_T

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Henry, if you're listening...

If you wanna get rid of your old rig, I'll take it off your hands. I'll even pay for shipping myself. Cheers.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The 2080ti will probably play the newest games for 15 years.

I wish my PC was that obsolete lmao

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
His 2080Ti machine can just be his work one he uses for emails and occasional Microsoft Word

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
wouldnt be surprised if nvidia just sends him some commemorative special edition 3090 to him
good PR for both parties

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
How I picture it

images

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
It's okay he only plays strategy games and visual novels.

Hey, you never know what you'll need for those. I just picked up the Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk) visual novels for Nintendo DS and upon starting was told I could enable rumble if I had a rumble Pak in the GBA slot. Who knows what I'm missing by not having one!

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hi, this is Herry Cavelle. Thanks for letting me know. I was just about to take a dump but I think I'll be using these $100 bills to buy a better card instead.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
You sound like 12 or something. He probably used some spare change to buy his PC parts.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm sure the millionaire is devastated over the few grand he spent upgrading his computer that he can now gift to a relative and then build an even better computer for a few grand

poor guy. Poor one out.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hello I am the real Henry Cavill and this thread is giving me heart palpitations, I am so mad I wasted all that time and pocket change on a completely useless computer. I might as well throw it in the trash as it's practically an over-sized brick with fans in it.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Had to double check if it's the weekend already. I'm sure he will be fine

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the pile of users that already answered with: "I'm sure Henry fucking Cavill has enough bucks to build another one right now, next month, and every month until the new cards release and would still be cool with his bank account!"

^^

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I don't think you understand how PC gaming works, when a new gen of hardware comes out the prior gen immediately poofs into dust. That's just life as a PC gamer.

Yeah it's true.... When the rtx2080ti was announced I spent hours reconstructing my gtx1080ti each piece of dust at a time.... Now I can't use case fans or my GPU would just blow away.