• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And they're still going. What the hell. I get that there are a freaking ton of people involved with creating your game, Ubisoft, but really? It's not like anybody's reading them anyway. At this point, the credit roll lasted longer than the actual gameplay session that took place before it after booting it up today.

Just... why? Let me skip it please, at least after a minute or so? Or at least let me keep on sailing in the meantime. But >20 minutes of a black screen with white text is pretty boring.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that it's annoying to not be able to skip it, but I think its completely appropriate for developers to want everybody who contributed to a game to be acknowledged

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get they want to show everyone, as they should deserve. But nothing to do in the meantime? That kind of sucked.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait until you die in real life. You have to watch the credits of your life including everyone you ever met

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't AC4s credits above an hour or so? Pretty ridiculous but better than using the credits as a leverage against your workers.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
You're not allowed to play anything else until you respect every single developer and vaguely related person involved personally.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I get that it's annoying to not be able to skip it, but I think its completely appropriate for developers to want everybody who contributed to a game to be acknowledged
Problem is how many people are even going to pay attention to that let alone remember any names later. If a name scrolls past and no one is there to acknowledge it then you have to question the point.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't able to skip them.
In the main game once you finish the main story the game cuts to a present day cutscene and then shows a screen telling you there are more adventures in London and drops you again in the overworld.

Credits can only be accessed from the menu.

Jack The Ripper DLC has credits but they are less than 10 minutes long and you can fast forward them.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
In the main game once you finish the main story the game cuts to a present day cutscene and then shows a screen telling you there are more adventures in London and drops you again in the overworld.

Credits can only be accessed from the menu.

Jack The Ripper DLC has credits but they are less than 10 minutes long and you can fast forward them.

Maybe it was Rogue that I'm thinking of...

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
I remember Rock Band 2's end credits being something like 35 minutes long. They even register surprise you made it through. And I think you got an achievement for it.

Neko_No_Naku

Jan 9, 2018
Credits should not be longer than 10 minutes and have some interesting art and music if they want me to watch them. If you want to acknowledge the team and people that made the game possible then make it engaging, like a mini documentary or behind the scenes. Not 30 minutes of rolling text over black. At least don't make it unskippable...

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
AC4 had one of the most beautiful and poignant endings I've ever seen, which shocked me for the type of game it was.

Can't remember how integrated it was with the credits, but the song and scenes were absolute perfection

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wait theres an assassin's creed 4?

EDIT oh yea i forgot about black flag

they made to many of these shits

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I coulda sworn I skipped mine..... But maybe I didn't. It's been years since I beat Black Flag. Maybe I played something on my computer while waiting for them to wrap up. I know I do that when I reach the end of one of FFXIV's Expansions.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they don't have to change a damn thing though. let them play for those that want to see it and let those who want to skip them skip them. nobody wins with unskippable endings. people will just let that crap run in the background and not pay attention to it until it finally runs though. honestly i bet that most people who actually pay attention are the people who likely worked on the game but everybody else doesn't care.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why devs do this, nobody reading them so nothing gained by making them unskippable. Just wasting the players time.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Assassin's Creed 3 is the first time I ever said "This shit is taking too long!" while letting the credits role, it just seemed neverending.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
Games should have a TNT mode where the credits go into a tiny box in the corner of the screen and then scroll faster than you can possibly read them.

I don't think anyone is saying credits should go away completely, but it's not like movies prevent you from fast forwarding through them.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
It takes them about 4-5 years to develop a game. And then in return their name passes by in like 4 seconds. I think they deserve at least that. You waited so many years to play an experience. 30 minutes ain't gonna hurt no one.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
It takes them about 4-5 years to develop a game. And then in return their name passes by in like 4 seconds. I think they deserve at least that. You waited so many years to play an experience. 30 minutes ain't gonna hurt no one.
What if I don't care about who made the game?
I acknowledge them by paying for their product. This is what they deserve. I don't care about their names. Why should I?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lets get real here 30 minutes later nobody is gonna remember any of those names unless they are the director or producer of the game possibly. imagine not being able to leave the theater until after the credits for the movie was over.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
AC4 had one of the most beautiful and poignant endings I've ever seen, which shocked me for the type of game it was.

Can't remember how integrated it was with the credits, but the song and scenes were absolute perfection
It was beautiful and surprising. I've been trained to think endings had to be bombastic, and was genuinely surprised when the credits started rolling.