• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2019
I prefer they keep their mouth shut instead of spilling pr bs all the time like Phil

I remember how excited people were over DX12 and cloud destruction and how it was going to shape the future of gaming, Tell me how did that go for Crackdown 3 and Fable legends?

Let's not even mention the Windows store, Phil has been promising us an overhaul for years now

I honestly don't know why people love to eat up this corporate pr bs so much

As for Quantic Dream, their games were never system sellers, their best selling game Detroit only shipped like 2 million copies I think
Also David Cage happens to hate sequels for some reason, which is why these IP's are pretty much useless, since these games will most likely never recieve a sequel anyways
Going 3rd party will help them reach a wider audience and we get to play their games maxed out on pc with mods
win win

Engagement! LOL

Jan 17, 2019
Sony line-up for 2019 is non-existent: they have Dreams which is a budget games, probably Medievil (can't remember if it's 2019) that should be a budget release too, and nothing else.

There are rumors about Last of Us 2 releasing this year but they are just rumors. For a person only interested in first party games 2019 is awful, I have no interest over Dreams and Medievil to me it's a purchase I'll do when I find the game for 75% off, so my PS4 is here taking dust.

Hey, Days Gone and MLB 19 are near release. You don't know that?

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
This thread is bizarre, I don't see any aspect at all that requires communication from Sony. We already know their big games for 2019 and possibly early 2020 and can reasonably expect they'll be releasing their next system after that, there's no confusion.

SR7212

Avenger
Aug 17, 2018
I think Sony chose not to renew their partnership with Quantic Dream after multiple employees described how unpleasant it was to work there.

Many people wanted them to part ways and now they have.

Oct 25, 2017
What do they need to communicate?

Arm chair analysts on Reset place too much value on themselves.

The general gaming audience doesn't give a shit. Games are announced, marketed and released.

What a mind boggling reaction.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Then what are you playing then?
It's my point: nothing. As I wrote my PS4 is getting dust. Last game I layed on it was COD MW Remastered with Plus, before that I played KH3, but now I have nothing to play unless there are Plus games I'm interested in.
Maybe I'll get Judgment if I find a copy for 45€ or so, but that's not a first party and I can also wait for a good discount with no problem.

Natbat

Mar 20, 2019
I'm just going to copy & paste my post from the other thread. To me it sums up how out of touch the ERA bubble (forgive me for one generalisation) is:

Everything we've heard in recent weeks from 'competitors' is a great example of why Sony should stand back and observe. So many leaks - streaming, hardware, forwards compatibility, backwards compatibility, PC/Switch ports......you name it. And yet none of this has broken through into the conscience of mainstream gamers. Even on forums like this confusion abounds in discussions about, for example, Microsoft's next-gen hardware plans and multiple sku's.

Right now Sony are focusing on what matters, their near 100m userbase. PlayStation are embarking on a major marketing campaign for Day's Gone. Another new IP, another title set to perform extremely strongly. And a title Era is sleeping on. Likewise, turn on your TV when the Champions League is on (Europe's biggest sporting competition). What do you see? Blanket marketing for PS4 Pro "4K Gaming". Grabbing the mindshare of European gamers.

PS4 yearly hardware sales may have passed their peak. But tens of millions of those systems have only been in the hands of their owners for a year or two. These are now the high watermark years for selling the biggest, most ambitious, games of the generation.

With so many top tier exclusives still to come on PS4 Sony would be wise to keep their next-gen plans under wraps. The mainstream market isn't demanding new hardware, they aren't even contemplating it, right now. The irony of course is it's been obvious for the past 2 years Sony have been prepping for next-gen.But the very earliest they need to discuss PS5 is at a December PSX event. Long after Microsoft, Google and whoever else, have told the world their plans.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony line-up for 2019 is non-existent: they have Dreams which is a budget games, probably Medievil (can't remember if it's 2019) that should be a budget release too, Days Gone which is a zombie game I'll probably get for 20€ or less and nothing else.

There are rumors about Last of Us 2 releasing this year but they are just rumors. For a person only interested in first party games 2019 is awful, I have no interest over Dreams and Medievil to me it's a purchase I'll do when I find the game for 75% off, so my PS4 is here taking dust.

Sound logic, their line-up is non existent when you remove all the games that are in their line-up this year, brilliant. You not being interested in them, doesn't mean the games don't exist.

Oct 26, 2017
This is really only a concern for people very eager to defend their console war positions and to update lists of exclusives to argue with other people online. All the normal people who own PS4s are probably just happily waiting for Sekiro to be released this week instead of being concerned with "silence" or Quantic Dreams games going multiplatform.
You do know on what site you are posting right?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Sony line-up for 2019 is non-existent: they have Dreams which is a budget games, probably Medievil (can't remember if it's 2019) that should be a budget release too, Days Gone which is a zombie game I'll probably get for 20€ or less and nothing else.

Go and buy a Xbox or Switch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imo Nin and MS having a horrible lineup but I don't cry...

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
This is really only a concern for people very eager to defend their console war positions and to update lists of exclusives to argue with other people online. All the normal people who own PS4s are probably just happily waiting for Sekiro to be released this week instead of being concerned with "silence" or Quantic Dreams games going multiplatform.

This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Sony, in general, has been pretty bad in PR lately.

Jan 17, 2019
It's my point: nothing. As I wrote my PS4 is getting dust. Last game I layed on it was COD MW Remastered with Plus, before that I played KH3, but now I have nothing to play unless there are Plus games I'm interested in.
Maybe I'll get Judgment if I find a copy for 45€ or so, but that's not a first party and I can also wait for a good discount with no problem.

These two posts are so bizarre and i don't know what to say. Interested in first-party, yet i'm not. But i will buy them on discount.

tenor.gif

xICHIGOx

Oct 27, 2017
People in this forum live in a bubble where Microsoft is doing great, they're releasing tons of games, features, the cloud is marvelous, there isn't any lag in their implementation of cloud gaming and so on.
The reality is that Microsoft is talking since 3 years: They've release an half assed game like Crackdown 3, a lot of mid tier games that are on PC Too, ported every exclusive on PC and now some of them even on Switch, showed a demo of their cloud technology with tons of lag (in a controlled scenario so at home it can be even worse), released a fantastic console and less than one year later announced that they're working on a next gen console (If you like to throw the money you're welcome).
Why do someone need to talk so much if they can let the fact speech for themselves ?

The Fact are talking about games like God of War and spiderman released less than a year ago, Day's Gone next to launch, Dreams coming in this year and 3 Big Games to release before the next gen console. Why do you want them to talk about what's in the work when they can do that in a presentation with the new console? It doesn't make any sense imho.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Have you seen the news about Days Gone ?
Phil can show whatever he wants about Xbox but when it come to games Sony is in a different league and will take MS years to be able to compete.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
If there's nothing to say, there's nothing to say. Its that simple. Things will be shared when they have news, and until then they do pretty good work over at the blog.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what they would tell us. We already know the games that are coming. PS5 isn't ready to be announced yet. What else is there to know?

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Sony has much more stuff announced than MS or Nintendo right now.
I don't know why people feel that Sony isn't showing us enough about their future plans.
Is it just because, unlike Microsoft, they haven't name dropped their next gen console now? Whats the worth in doing that? We know nothing more about the next Xbox than we know about the next Playstation.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
The PS4 is here and it works great. There's plenty of games in development, which their own devs and publishers can talk about when they feel ready to. If other platforms get ports of previously exclusive games, good for them. I don't feel like Sony needs to address anything here.

In due time, they will announce PS5, but I'm not in a hurry.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Can you really blame them?

PS4 gen is pretty much over, consumers can't really complain because it has been a great gen, Sony decided to save resources for the big launch of PS5 next year.

It's not that crazy, because they'll have to prove Playstation can compete in hardware, software and services against Microsoft, Nintendo and now Google also.

Sony has much more stuff announced than MS or Nintendo right now.
I don't know why people feel that Sony isn't showing us enough about their future plans.
Is it just because, unlike Microsoft, they haven't name dropped their next gen console now? Whats the worth in doing that? We know nothing more about the next Xbox than we know about the next Playstation.

MS yes, Nintendo no.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
They have so much announced already though. Also I feel like they're building up to something big i.e PS5.

As a Nintendo fan I do understand wanting to know more about what's coming but Sony has already shown so many big games for this year.

Natbat

Mar 20, 2019
This is the attitude that gets companies destroyed. Arrogance and silence.
What get's companies 'destroyed' is misreading their core consumers. From Kinect to streaming to low quality exclusives. Not to mention cutting off a generation early when tens of millions of gamers have only bought their systems in the last few seasons.

Meanwhile, 'arrogant' Sony have half a dozen major AAA titles lined-up for their 100m+ userbase. While still having their foot hard on the accelerator marketing the PS4.

If competitors in the market want to cut this generation short and make promises for the future. I'm sure Sony (and Nintendo) will be happy to deliver to those new & existing customers.

Feb 15, 2019
One of the bigger reasons Microsoft is so active right now is because they want people to especially look towards the future. New developers bought, new services and platforms. Because they desperately want to move past this gen and have people talk about the future of Xbox instead of the present of Xbox. They know this gen is completely lost and thus want to try their best to have people look towards the future and are doing everything possible to make people look there.

Sony on the other hand is fine with its current situation, they just got off 2 massive hits, with one of them sweeping award after award. They still have multiple big hitters coming this gen and can IMO afford to stay quiet because of the things they have left for the console and suddenly come up big and surprise people with the PS5.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The next time Sony has something big to say its going to be the PlayStation 5 reveal. I don't expect anything until after E3.

Also anyone using the "arrogant Sony" meme seriously is just a gigantic console warrior.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
As a Playstation only gamer I've got to say I'm pretty happy with my PS4 right now,lots of great games still to come too.
I don't need to hear anything from Sony just because others are being very vocal.I'm looking forward to a PS5 announcement but with so many games still to come before that this so called silence is a non issue tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly do they have to say?

They have a bunch of games coming and will talk about them once they get closer to the release. This helps the developers work on them until they are ready to talk.

Quantum Dreams? They don't need to talk about them as they are not thier studio. Talk to QD about that instead.

PS Now? They will improve it when they need to. (Not as if they haven't been improving it, Downloadable games and PS2 games come to mind).

The only thing they need to talk about is cross play.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Can you really blame them?

PS4 gen is pretty much over, consumers can't really complain because it has been a great gen, Sony decided to save resources for the big launch of PS5 next year.

It's not that crazy, because they'll have to prove Playstation can compete in hardware, software and services against Microsoft, Nintendo and now Google also.

MS yes, Nintendo no.

I would actually say they are ramping up towards the end of the generation, just like last gen. (2013 was a great year for Ps3 exclusives wise, despite Ps4 releasing late 2013)
2018 had tons of exclusives and for 2019 and 2020 there are still Days Gone, The Last Of Us 2, Dreams, Medievil, Death Stranding and Ghosts Of Tsushima lined up.
Since 2016 Sony has delivered a lot every year and actually increased/improved their output from year to year so far and it doesn't look like thats going to change in 2019/20.

Its also obvious that Horizon Second Dawn, next gen Gran Turismo, God Of War 2, Bloodborne 2, Spider-Man 2 and more titles are in production for Ps5, but its just not necessary to talk about Ps5 or Ps5 games already.

Status
Not open for further replies.