• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Buying studios I care about left and right. As a non-Xbox user it makes me interested in the platform.

Xbox is the one playing catch up in the 1st party space. Sony is pretty much established already. Of the two platform holders, Sony has more AAA games announced that will be coming very soon.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony has this gen in the bag. MS is desperate to leave it behind and start fresh.

Upcoming gmaes we know of:

- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us 2
- Days Gone
- Death Stranding
- Blood and Truth (PSVR)
- Concrete Genie
- MediEvil
- Dreams
- Trover Saves The Universe (from the Creator of Rick & Morty)

And two unannounced exclusives.

Next-Gen is coming in 2020 and we have lots of exclusives coming up for the ps4.

What else can one want?

Would've been kinda nice if more than one game in that list excites me. TLOU 2 is going to be amazing but the rest of those games are not exciting. That's OK and all considering how many great games have already released but I'm looking at the upcoming games on PS4 and it's in single digits how many I'm going to buy for the whole year.

Deleted member 49831

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I mean, we already know about Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Dreams and more. Their other 1st party studios are likely deep into sequels for the PS5 (Guerrilla Games) or have only just released a game (Sony Santa Monica).

If they've nothing new to say, I'd rather they said nothing at all.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This is really only a concern for people very eager to defend their console war positions and to update lists of exclusives to argue with other people online. All the normal people who own PS4s are probably just happily waiting for Sekiro to be released this week instead of being concerned with "silence" or Quantic Dreams games going multiplatform.

Bingo. Busy playing games instead of participating in the platform war theatre.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
What does Sony even need to communicate? They are the lead system, they have a 1st party title coming out in April, TLOU2 is slated to come out in the fall, and they are working on the PS5. What do people need them to say?
Hell, they released two games last year that both sold over 10 million copies.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Or you could look it up yourself, rather than being defensive about poor market leader Sony.

i did.

Stadia = 0
Xbox = Forza, Gears (maybe).

Also, i don't know why sony needs to enter the playground match and show off as per the others "Look at what we are going to do!" every month.

Show. Don't tell.

Show the games instead of talking about it.

Then actually release a good game instead of apologizing about it and say "We will listen to user feedback" and spout the words "community" ad naseum.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
When it's ready, you'll know it. It's pointless to go out and share random dates, as that's what puts you in a position where a delay happens, and part of your consumers will get irritated again.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Lol. It's so funny when people don't understand that the general market doesn't care about constant updates with trivial information that only the hardcore audience care about. First of all, do you think the PC space is going to notice if Sony sents a press release about QD games coming to PC? In addition, do people realise that the market cares more about third party games (that have been releasing at a crazy pace) and not about exclusives that are years away? Everybody knows what first party games are coming and Sony has made sure PlayStation stays relevant by winning countless GOTY awards and spamming everything with Days Gone trailers.

Jan 17, 2019
Since the end of last year there hasn't been communication with the gamers, they told us that they weren't going to do E3 and didn't tell us anything else. Today Quantic Dreams PlayStation exclusives are going to PC and it seems that they are going Multiplatform from now on, no word from Sony as the news left it's fans confused and surprised.

Right now we don't know what the future looks like and when you compare Sony to Microsoft, it's night and day as they are transparent and try to keep it's fans well informed. Mad props to Phil Spencer and his work on changing and morphing Xbox to what it has become today as the Xbox future looks bright, can't say the same for PlayStation since we are left to twiddle our thumbs as they keep us in the dark.

God Damn please come back Kaz Hirai...

kHqr0.gif

Silence before the Storm....

image_content_26675161_20190125184924.gif

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
They've shown basically all of the major ps4 games they have left. Everything thing else is next gen, which they'll show when they think the time is right. I'm really not sure what more you'd want.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
This is really only a concern for people very eager to defend their console war positions and to update lists of exclusives to argue with other people online. All the normal people who own PS4s are probably just happily waiting for Sekiro to be released this week instead of being concerned with "silence" or Quantic Dreams games going multiplatform.
Yeah pretty much. Besides, I rather they say something when they have something worth saying versus other companies who make announcements for the sake of making announcements.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They have a bunch of first party games coming up and they get basically every third party title, multiplat or not. The game stream is steady. What's there to talk about?

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Overall more communication is good, they need to improve greatly.

There is communication, look at previews of Days Gone along with the marketing campaign or dreams beta stuff/MM's community engagement or even the new Yakuza game protag being announced, Crash team racing being constantly pushed on instagram via nostalgia fueled clips.

I think you want more news to use as "forum fodder" more than anything else

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Even as a primarily Nintendo fan I feel like I know a lot about Playstation's near future. There's a lot of good games waiting to be released, I'm pretty sure any significant game will be released on PS4 by default, and it feels like they could unveil PS5 anytime. Like there's nothing to worry about it.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man, let the devs do their thing. Talking constantly about upcoming games will put more unessecary pressure on devs.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
... Have they, though? What IS Death Stranding? Does anyone know?

We've seen a couple cutscenes and a single gameplay sequence for TLOU2.

I wouldn't exactly call this "extensive." And regarding both of these games, we haven't gotten any real updates for 9 months.

Whether your thirst for info was satisfied or not, the fact is that updates for both these games have been shown regularly each year and we'll get more with release windows/dates whenever Sony's ready for their big announcements.

I know this because that's just how things work, I don't need Shawn to come whisper sweet nothings on my timeline because I've got plenty of shit to play (including a high-profile upcoming exclusive) in the meantime.

I understand that ditching E3 is scary or whatever but we're still in March. How about we save the doom and gloom for this summer at least if nothing's announced ?

Last edited:

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
There is nothing Quantic about it but I agree with OP, Sony should communicate more and tell us exactly when in spring should we expect Dreams EA.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like more communication about the upcoming PS4 updates and when name changes are happening. That has seemingly fell off the edge of the world now.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Go back and have a look at all the "communication" Sony does outside of E3 and major conferences.

Sony's always been criticised for being "silent" outside of their major showcases - every year like clockwork.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
I think playstation is in a very good place right now actually. Microsoft are trying to convince people that the xbox brand is going to be exciting again, where as Sony doesn't need to do that.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I can see why this could be somewhat frustrating.. you always want to know more. But Playstation has had a lot of stuff coming out in the first quarter of the year, there are still many high profile games coming in the future.

I'm sure the vast majority of PS4 owners cares 0% that QD games are playable on another platform going forward... it doesnt remove the games from Playstation :P

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard not to draw parallels to the end of last gen when Microsoft had a change of direction near the end of the generation that knee capped them starting the current gen where as Sony was the one who used the end of the generation to build goodwill to carry them into the next cycle.

If the start of this gen shows anything it's that complacency isn't a good strategic move and customers will jump off your ecosystem in droves if you mess up no matter how much they are currently invested.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Everyone who owns a PS4 is waiting for Sekiro, is playing Apex, and just got KH3/RE2/DMC5. They have The Show and Days Gone both coming within 35 days. And other large notable games like MK11, Rage 2, Crash Team Racing and Judgment are coming before the middle of the year ends. There are plenty of reasons to not be concerned. Talking will not make Concrete Genie, Medieval remake, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, or Death Stranding come out any sooner.

MS talks because it's all they can do. But Halo isn't coming any sooner because of it. Nintendo talks because they have information to give like release dates and windows, otherwise they wouldn't be saying anything either. Google talks because they are launching a gaming platform within this year and are doing something pretty radical for games.

Relax, it'll be fine. Just play your games until something important by Sony needs to be said.

Exactly there's nothing to talk about.. Post Days Gone maybe we'll talk about a Medieval release date and Dreams EA

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would've been kinda nice if more than one game in that list excites me. TLOU 2 is going to be amazing but the rest of those games are not exciting. That's OK and all considering how many great games have already released but I'm looking at the upcoming games on PS4 and it's in single digits how many I'm going to buy for the whole year.

Really. Taste really varies.

Outside of concrete genie i'm going to buy all of them day 1. Can't wait tbh.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Im curious OP is there any news specifically you wanna know about from Sony? Seems to be normal to me still releasing games and we know for a fact they are getting the ball rolling on the PS5.

Patience you must have -Yoda

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Since the end of last year there hasn't been communication with the gamers, they told us that they weren't going to do E3 and didn't tell us anything else. Today Quantic Dreams PlayStation exclusives are going to PC and it seems that they are going Multiplatform from now on, no word from Sony as the news left it's fans confused and surprised.

Right now we don't know what the future looks like and when you compare Sony to Microsoft, it's night and day as they are transparent and try to keep it's fans well informed. Mad props to Phil Spencer and his work on changing and morphing Xbox to what it has become today as the Xbox future looks bright, can't say the same for PlayStation since we are left to twiddle our thumbs as they keep us in the dark.

God Damn please come back Kaz Hirai...

Crazy to see a 180° from both parties

Sony has shown like 5 games that are still coming over the next two years.

That's... not a lot

Quantic Dream have never been a Sony studio to begin with, they just partnered with Sony to deliver 3 games on their consoles but they've always been independant IIRC.

Exactly, i always expected their contract to finish and game popping out on other consoles. Nobody should be surprised

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Do Sony really not have any equivalent of Inside Xbox?

A company not having constant interaction and updates is pretty weird these days.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
I prefer they keep their mouth shut instead of spilling pr bs all the time like Phil

I remember how excited people were over DX12 and cloud destruction and how it was going to shape the future of gaming, Tell me how did that go for Crackdown 3 and Fable legends?

Let's not even mention the Windows store, Phil has been promising us an overhaul for years now

I honestly don't know why people love to eat up this corporate pr bs so much

As for Quantic Dream, their games were never system sellers, their best selling game Detroit only shipped like 2 million copies I think
Also David Cage happens to hate sequels for some reason, which is why these IP's are pretty much useless, since these games will most likely never recieve a sequel anyways
Going 3rd party will help them reach a wider audience and we get to play their games maxed out on pc with mods
win win

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
I assume they're busy.

Also, who would willingly have a chat with the gaming community, unless they absolutely have to? Everything they say will be torn to pieces and then tossed back into their faces at a later date with a "But you PROMISED us!".

Jokes aside, while I would like to know more about PSVR2, it's not something I need to know right now. I find it sort of refreshing to see devs acting professionally and with some dignity.

Last edited:

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Sony line-up for 2019 is non-existent: they have Dreams which is a budget games, probably Medievil (can't remember if it's 2019) that should be a budget release too, Days Gone which is a zombie game I'll probably get for 20€ or less and nothing else.

There are rumors about Last of Us 2 releasing this year but they are just rumors. For a person only interested in first party games 2019 is awful, I have no interest over Dreams and Medievil to me it's a purchase I'll do when I find the game for 75% off, so my PS4 is here taking dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.