• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it's that terrible. At least, no where near as painful as the WiiU's final two years waiting for the Switch reveal where we got a serious zero news regarding anything. At least Sony has shown of games that are coming soon that look promising.

2 years before the Switch released was March 2015. At that point Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken Tournament and of course BotW among others hadn't been released on Wii U yet.

What are you talking about?

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Are games still releasing?

If so I'm fine.

This seems kinda console war-y honestly.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's been plenty of communication regarding their next exclusive, Days Gone, I don't really know what else you need them to tell you?

CHEROKEEE

Nov 6, 2017
I for one like that reserved+confident `SHOW, not TELL´ approach they went with these past months… Phil Spencer constantly articulating shallow Buzzwords and ´Big Things ahead´ Promises stopped exciting me looong ago sadly...

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
We're probably getting announcement of ps5 this year and some games announced there. Theyre pretty much done with ps4.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
There are more games on the PS4 than just exclusives.

This is really only a concern for people very eager to defend their console war positions and to update lists of exclusives to argue with other people online. All the normal people who own PS4s are probably just happily waiting for Sekiro to be released this week instead of being concerned with "silence" or Quantic Dreams games going multiplatform.
This.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is really only a concern for people very eager to defend their console war positions and to update lists of exclusives to argue with other people online. All the normal people who own PS4s are probably just happily waiting for Sekiro to be released this week instead of being concerned with "silence" or Quantic Dreams games going multiplatform.
Pretty much. There isn't really any silence when there has been updates on games coming out.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know why anyone should care about a couple of games releasing on PC, this doesn't mean "Sony going multiplatform". And E3 is still far away to announce what they're going to do.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): System warring and numerous accumulated infractions
For all the talks Microsoft and Google like to spill, what exclusive games are coming for Xbox and Stadia this year?

Let me know...I'll wait.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
It's no wonder they're silent, they're bleeding exclusives left and right, and being completely left behind on the streaming front.
Yeah it's a really terrible time for Sony right now. Between God of War winning all the GOTY awards and Spider-man being a huge critical and commercial hit, it looks pretty bad for the company on the first party front. Fans are desperately concerned, not knowing what to do in 2019, between playing RE2, KH3, DMCV, and Sekiro, there just aren't any quality games on the Playstation front. Exclusive first party games like Days Gone, The Last of Us Part 2, and Death Stranding just aren't helping. Why are they so silent and when is Sony going to exit the market? Seems bleak, bro.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
No communication? Marketing of Days Gone the past 2 months was just a dream? Dreams beta and announcement of early access public release didn't happen? lol

You only talk next gen 2 years in advance when you've lost and conceded current gen.

We know Sony's lineup: Days Gone, Dreams, The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and rumoured 1 more major game.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not their mother, don't need to hear from them constantly. Besides when everyone else is blathering their plans including this Wal-Mart streaming crap the wise and patient thing to do is just watch. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is keep your mouth closed, especially when I know for a fact they still have a couple of bangers coming out this gen.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2 years before the Switch released was March 2015. At that point Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken Tournament and of course BotW among others hadn't been released on Wii U yet.

What are you talking about?
Was the wait between the WiiU its final few noteworthy games and the Switch that much shorter? It felt like an eternity, that's all I remember, I could've sworn it was two years. Let's me change it to, that period where Nintendo kept delaying Zelda and didn't bother much with the WiiU at all and didn't announce anything at all either.

Figure that should be more accurate.

Feb 10, 2018
They are working on PS5, expect an announcement this year.

They are probably also having intense discussions about where PlayStation will go next, I would imagine that the PS5 will have been designed with a similar philosophy to the PS4 and there focus on there first parties delivering first, must and best will still be the direction they are heading.
However they will be more uncertain on how to proceed against new threats like stadia, Xcloud and gamepass.
Will they invest + improve psnow or double down on first party, hardware and exclusives.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
sony's adjusting their communication strategy to be more modern. big trade shows with drawn-out conferences are a thing of the 90s.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
not sure what you want them to "say". ps4 is winding down and a handful of announced titles are rounding it out its life... not a lot of 'there' there

Oct 25, 2017
They have a couple of massive games in production and a string of smaller titles like Medieval and Concrete Genie. What else is there to say as a pub until they have dates? I think they're just focused on Days Gone shipping right now.

Obviously as a platform holder, there's no lack of third party month to month.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I mean what do you people want? Announce anything just to fill the silence? They have proper venues for that, for the meantime just play the goddamn games that been released left and right. I swear you people are more interested in news about these companies than games themselves

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Its too early to tell if their silence is good or bad, for all we know they will drop bombs when they finally talk about next gen.

They told us PS5 is coming, they told us Death Stranding, Days Gone, Dreams, Tsushima, TLoU2 etc. are on their way. They expanded PS Now recently. Sony are still very much nr1 at the moment.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
One of the weirdest mentalities I've ever seen. In the same way that last year, when Sony was releasing some of the highest rated games and people were suggesting they weren't doing enough when it comes to software against competition which was having their worst year this generation or when people cheering at studio purchase announcements with barely any new game announcements for actual console owners to play (that's how far it's regressed, thought games being announced early was bad enough).

Days Gone is releasing in a Month, Dreams in upcoming with Early Access, the consoles are flooded with so much quality games that I'm not even sure how people can even think about new stuff that's far out.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
What's the point of saying anything if you have nothing to say yet.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
They are working on PS5, expect an announcement this year.

They are probably also having intense discussions about where PlayStation will go next, I would imagine that the PS5 will have been designed with a similar philosophy to the PS4 and there focus on there first parties delivering first, must and best will still be the direction they are heading.
However they will be more uncertain on how to proceed against new threats like stadia, Xcloud and gamepass.
Will they invest + improve psnow or double down on first party, hardware and exclusives.

ps now has struggled to get any attention from sony's side. i can't recall when sony actually gave it attention in one of their conferences and they don't put their recent big stuff on it. gamepass was a clear focus from microsoft in a way that was directly communicated to fans at e3 and with newly launched first-party games.

i think sony will need to rebrand ps now, because it has gone on for five years and somehow feels even less relevant in today's market even though it's also on pc.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017

This. I only care about my backlog and Sekiro/Days Gone right now. I'm in no rush to her about the PS5

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf do you want? Software in both 1st and 3rd party is flowing.
Sounds like whinging for whinging sake honestly.

So you want more twitter replies?
Shu replies on twitter as well as some prominent game Sony devs like Cory Barlog.

Is that not engagement?
Overall more communication is good, they need to improve greatly.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was the wait between the WiiU its final few noteworthy games and the Switch that much shorter? It felt like an eternity, that's all I remember, I could've sworn it was two years. Let's me change it to, that period where Nintendo kept delaying Zelda and didn't bother much with the WiiU at all and didn't announce anything at all either.

Figure that should be more accurate.

I wouldn't argue against the last year being very difficult- in March 2016 TPHD was released and from then it was only like Starfox Zero, Paper Mario & TMS with of course BotW being delayed out of 2016. But yeah I don't think it's fair to say Nintendo were AWOL for 2 years, especially with the 3DS and all. Heck Nintendo were actually present in kinda a big way at E3 2016 still of course which also makes for an interesting comparison to this thread.

So yeah I'd shorten your original comment to a year and even then it's arguable IMO.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Thankyou.gif

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
They simply have no games to show.
Some games are delayed, some other are in development for PS5.

Yea this silence compared to the last couple of years does seem to be because they plan on going big for the PS5 launch otherwise whatever change to Sony's marketing plan just doesn't make sense and them not being at E3 this year doesn't help things.

If this continues I feel Sony will be in for a surprise next gen when MS takes the lead again.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Azure is Microsoft's main platform these days. It drives the company to be more open source, a quicker update cycle and more customer engagement since their business is now directly tied to customer satisfaction. This leads to more leaks, more openness and more twitter communication.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- They've already shown their three big hitters for the rest of the gen extensively
- You're acting as if they haven't said anything in a year and no games are on the way

... Have they, though? What IS Death Stranding? Does anyone know?

We've seen a couple cutscenes and a single gameplay sequence for TLOU2.

I wouldn't exactly call this "extensive." And regarding both of these games, we haven't gotten any real updates for 9 months.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Everyone who owns a PS4 is waiting for Sekiro, is playing Apex, and just got KH3/RE2/DMC5. They have The Show and Days Gone both coming within 35 days. And other large notable games like MK11, Rage 2, Crash Team Racing and Judgment are coming before the middle of the year ends. There are plenty of reasons to not be concerned. Talking will not make Concrete Genie, Medieval remake, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, or Death Stranding come out any sooner.

MS talks because it's all they can do. But Halo isn't coming any sooner because of it. Nintendo talks because they have information to give like release dates and windows, otherwise they wouldn't be saying anything either. Google talks because they are launching a gaming platform within this year and are doing something pretty radical for games.

Relax, it'll be fine. Just play your games until something important by Sony needs to be said.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mad props to Phil Spencer and his work on changing and morphing Xbox to what it has become today as the Xbox future looks bright, can't say the same for PlayStation since we are left to twiddle our thumbs as they keep us in the dark.
Uhhh... what?
yeah this confuses me too, what exactly have they communicated for the rest of this year that Sony is lacking? would it be better if Sony gave us empty platitudes? I'd rather they wait until they have substance

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you feel the need for Sony to talk more? Sony will talk when they are ready.

My guess is the only reason Microsoft have spoke about XCloud is they don't want to surprise people too much again when they announce the next Xbox and get ahead of Google so they don't look like followers.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony has this gen in the bag. MS is desperate to leave it behind and start fresh.

Upcoming gmaes we know of:

- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us 2
- Days Gone
- Death Stranding
- Blood and Truth (PSVR)
- Concrete Genie
- MediEvil
- Dreams
- Trover Saves The Universe (from the Creator of Rick & Morty)

And two unannounced exclusives.

Next-Gen is coming in 2020 and we have lots of exclusives coming up for the ps4.

What else can one want?

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I just wanna know where the name changes are. They said early 2019 and the end of 'early' 2019 is swiftly approaching with no word or update.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worried about Sony at all in terms of "what now", but comparatively, yeah, the communication isn't good.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Considering we already know much of what's planned for PlayStation 4 al this silence is exciting for the remaining unannounced titles and PlayStation 5.

Good times ahead. 2019 is going to be amazing for PlayStation news.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
What do you even want them to say? What is it that you need more information on. If it is release dates, you know that they will have them once they know they are ready. We already know the games they have in the works. You have to assume that all their other developers will be working towards PS5 and it not the time to reveal them yet. It's not like we are in a drought of games. Hell, there are too many games to even put time on.

Once they are ready to show what they have, it will be as exciting as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.