• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
Aah the Thai price goes up quite significantly, whenever there was a crazy sale I'd buy a months psn at 170b, sometimes you'd make that back in savings with 1 game.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Delighted to see the 12 month not going up in Europe. Next time it's on sale I'm buying 4 years worth which will do me to 2025.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I hope Sony seriously starts getting in front of hiking prices. If it's to offer more games including VR, PSNOW/cloud streaming I get it.

But it seems to be region specific and I seriously don't know why? Has anyone commented what tax/tarif wise if this is something that could be affected by those?

DeadPhoenix86

Banned
Apr 20, 2019
My PSN is expiring on the 9th of June. And i'd probably pick Up the 2 free games from June. Then will see when i get the Next PS Plus subscription. Honestly i don't play much Online. I play all my MP on PC anyway. So i'd probably renew it, when i can find a good deal.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
They really need to bolster the service this next gen in terms of content, server stability, etc.

OP
OP
Warrior of Light
Jan 11, 2018
I don't have an Xbox, but I think it's clear as day that they're offering a much better service and more bang for your buck at the moment. I really hope Sony announces something cool for PS+ subscribers soon.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Not really. With online multiplayer behind a paywall they can keep doing the boiling frog thing and slowly raise the price without anyone being able to do anything about it.

Yeah people continue to roll over for this bullsh*t so why would they do anything other than continue to raise the price and lower the value?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an Xbox, but I think it's clear as day that they're offering a much better service and more bang for your buck at the moment. I really hope Sony announces something cool for PS+ subscribers soon.
Not really. Even if there's 4 games the Gold games aren't as great as the PS+ ones are. Both consoles have this bullshit paid online so neither is really better than the other.

If Xbox announces they'll get rid of paid online (unlikely because they'll be bundling Gold with Game Pass) I will switch to the Xbox. Otherwise I'm just going to move to PC full time. Will not get the PS5.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
They really need to bolster the service this next gen in terms of content, server stability, etc.

Do people actually still have issues with PSN or is this just a carry-over from memes of last gen/early this gen? Because I never have any trouble with PSN and I can't remember the last time it had widespread problems (outages/download speeds/etc).

I agree with you on content. There should be more than just a couple of free games a month, but I feel like that's not going to get any better for either PS+ or Gold with other subscription models now taking precedence.

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
Welcome to the prices that a bunch of countries in Europe already have been paying, countries a lot more poor than Switzerland.
You're right for sure, no question, and i'm aware of this.
But only because Switzerland is a rich country, it doens't mean that the general public is rich too.
We have a pretty high economic / financal standard, but we work our asses off to pay our bills, and in Switzerland you have a lot of them.
The problem for all of this is in the system. Either you're poor or rich, there's no second shift.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Do people actually still have issues with PSN or is this just a carry-over from memes of last gen/early this gen? Because I never have any trouble with PSN and I can't remember the last time it had widespread problems (outages/download speeds/etc).

I agree with you on content. There should be more than just a couple of free games a month, but I feel like that's not going to get any better for either PS+ or Gold with other subscription models now taking precedence.
PSN downloads are still 30-50% slower than Xbox or PC downloads for me. Sometimes even worse.

They improved but the service is still nowhere's near as good as Xbox/PC.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States

Once a month it will go out for me and my friends, it's ridiculous.

Mortis

Oct 25, 2017
This is not true, they increased the Playstation Plus storage by 10 times, growing from a tiny 10 GB to a massive 100GB size.
Steam and Xbox provide virtually unlimited cloud save storage for free.

I wouldn't exactly qualify that as a worthy improvement if they aren't offering what others do for free, honestly.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017

Steam is the *only* service that can consistently saturate my internet connection.

As far as I'm concerned, they're all shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Price increase in Brazil as well... sigh

I sub mainly for the games, but if every interesting choice for Plus gets free on another service on PC (like Rime and the Witness on EGS) I have to think if it's still worth it.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony: Now if you let us remove one other game, we promise you'll get a way better quality service!

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
What a ridiculous statement. Of course people still play on PS3 and Vita. You think people only play on current gen machines?

People on PS3 and Vita can simply stop subscribing and nothing will change. People who play on all PS platforms and want MP on PS4 however are the biggest losers.

Captain_Raoul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSN downloads are still 30-50% slower than Xbox or PC downloads for me. Sometimes even worse.

They improved but the service is still nowhere's near as good as Xbox/PC.

The thing is, not everyone has this problem. My download speeds are the same on PS4 and Xbox One X. Other then some download problems people like to have, playing online via PSN or Live is nothing different in performance, because i have never seen topics about "how laggy online play is via PSN".

It's always about download speeds or PS Plus. So when in comes to equal playing online...no difference.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
You're right for sure, no question, and i'm aware of this.
But only because Switzerland is a rich country, it doens't mean that the general public is rich too.
We have a pretty high economic / financal standard, but we work our asses off to pay our bills, and in Switzerland you have a lot of them.
The problem for all of this is in the system. Either you're poor or rich, there's no second shift.

The bigger problem is the prices across Europe, they are the same even though the economic capabilities are not the same between all the countries. A country with 500€ wages has to pay the same as a country with 2500€, and this happens in a lot of electronics companies not only Sony.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
The bigger problem is the prices across Europe, they are the same even though the economic capabilities are not the same between all the countries. A country with 500€ wages has to pay the same as a country with 2500€, and this happens in a lot of electronics companies not only Sony.
This really is a big problem and I wish it would change, but I have no idea how they'd do it without people abusing it. Pipe dream nevertheless.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Sony seriously starts getting in front of hiking prices. If it's to offer more games including VR, PSNOW/cloud streaming I get it.

But it seems to be region specific and I seriously don't know why? Has anyone commented what tax/tarif wise if this is something that could be affected by those?
Possible that the affected region did not get the Plus price increase benefit like the other region? My region didn't get a price increase since the PS4 launch.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonising other members
Shut the fuck up telling people what is and isn't expensive in their life. Also, in recent months they've reduced the number of games from 6 to 2 so you can put that argument in the bin along with your financial advice.

I'm borderline convinced arthands is astroturfing for Sony, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say on this subject. (Seriously, look up their history for any ps+ or sony taking servers offline for a game thread)

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018

15594726331046399.gif

:'D

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is a bit shit.
I hope they announce some new features soon.
There won't be. Sony does not need new features. Other than adding the paywall to F2P games as well, it's still crazy how much money they're leaving on the table not charging Fortnite players.

We've reached the point where the cost of adding value will cost them more money than the increased revenue from extra subscribers will give them. Sony is already charging you to use your internet connection on the PS4 (unless you play F2P only). Adding more monthly games is costly and may not increase the subscriber number enough to make up for the extra cost.

If they were to add more value, it'll likely be in a separate service. I can see them re-branding PS Now to something like PS Premium to emphasize that you get a bunch of games to play and they can be either streamed (the streaming part of the service can still be called PS Now) or downloaded.

Oct 25, 2017
Server stability? I've played online games (Destiny 1+2 and Let It Die) on regular basis nearly four years, and I haven't had any issues. My download speeds are good as well; 45GB file takes an hour.
Those games don't use Sony's servers so they're not relevant. I think the post meant PSN downtimes and slow speeds that lots of people are experiencing even if you aren't.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Those games don't use Sony's servers so they're not relevant. I think the post meant PSN downtimes and slow speeds that lots of people are experiencing even if you aren't.

Is there actually reports of their first party games, like TLOU and UC4, having online issues? I've never heard about it, and few of my friends played TLOU online religiously.

Lots of people also don't have issues with download speeds. Anecdotally, in my circles only those using Wi-Fi have been complaining about it.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Is there actually reports of their first party games, like TLOU and UC4, having online issues? I've never heard about it, and few of my friends played TLOU online religiously.

Lots of people also don't have issues with download speeds. Anecdotally, in my circles only those using Wi-Fi have been complaining about it.

It's less about the online components of certain games having problems and more of PSN itself being held together by duct tape and Sony dropping support for the online of some games. Just navigating the store is extremely slow, the download speeds are typically very slow (I have Ethernet for all my set ups and my PSN downloads cap out around 25% of whg my computer and switch do).

There's also egregious examples like them shutting down Gravity Rush 2 and Driveclub. We're already paying to get passed an arbitrary paywall that shouldn't even really exist, but Sony can't even ensure longevity of the online components of their first party titles?

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmfao this is incredible.

Sony upping the price of PSN is pretty disgusting and I can't believe it's being defended.

A subscription service which recently sees a record breaking number (more than 35 million) of subscribers, doesn't need any defending. The numbers going up and not down, indicate that Sony is doing the right thing and players are ok with that because of the added values.