• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 28, 2019
Well good Thing LOD does not mean what you say it is there.
relax

And by the way, yes, the LODing in HZD is not very good for PC standards, which is why I mention it.

The transitions from near to far objects are not that good as in RDR2 yes, but no game is, so ..
I was actually not finished with my post , wanted to say also that I see the lack of details far away in the ps4 version. But the area around the player I stick to my opinion that it actually by today standards still leads ...
So not much needed /possible to enhance here on PC..

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I am wondering if they go the "SSD is required" route for this port.

Loading times are not good, but they are dependent on how far from your current position you're fast traveling.

That being said, I don't think so.

I am not calling out the poster for fanboyism, apologies if it came out like that. I am saying that the negative reactions to these news are mostly a product of fanboyism.

Okay my apologies for jumping the gun, I just really hate to see everyone dump on that poster when they wrote their heart out.

Horizon is one of my favorite games this gen, I'm really happy more people are gonna have the opportunity to play it.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, after writing that post it would probably also require a change of the texture streaming and might be a bit much for a port.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Okay my apologies for jumping the gun, I just really hate to see everyone dump on that poster when they wrote their heart out.

Horizon is one of my favorite games this gen, I'm really happy more people are gonna have the opportunity to play it.

No worries, the way you feel is what everyone else should be feeling. As gamers we all have our love of gaming in common, regardless of platforms. I flatly cannot accept some gamers being sad or angry that others on a different platform can take part in the experience that you had with the game.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
It happens when it happens. Still not convinced.

But Sony could profit a lot from this. For every angry fanboy, there's three happy pc players and 9 playstation fans that don't know or care.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well since this thread has clearly moved on to "criticising" fanboy reactions instead of addressing the topic directly (don't we all just love talking down to the craziest outliers to feel better about ourselves?)...

Yeah, I doubt you play "a lot" of games if those specific 6 tops your all time favorite for the entire generation specifically, excluding hundreds upon hundreds of other magnificent and sublime games. Even if you pick apart preferred genres and specific taste, and severely narrow it down, the fact that it's specifically down to just those "by far," combined with your other posts, gives weight to what other posters are saying. Not sure why you're so defensive about it, too.

Amazing post that perfectly encapsulates what's wrong with the gaming community nowadays. A differing opinion can't be right, it has to be because of X, Y, Z. Did it occur to you that maybe the user you are attacking simply love cinematic action games i.e. a segment which is widely acknowledged to be dominated by Sony. Or perhaps he's just not interested in the "hundreds upon hundreds of other magnificent and sublime games" which is simply your subjective preference?

Then again, you are someone who spends half his energy engaging in fanboy fights within Sony-related threads. Why don't you try to appear more unbiased next time?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
The nearby area LoD is still superior to what we see even in RDR2 on PC.

So no need to make it appear that the game was laking in details in general
I fired it up yesterday and was again blown away by the graphics..

Either you don't know what LoD means or you need to check your eyes. LoD can be agressive in Horizon and pop in can be seen really close to the character.

Sep 28, 2019
Either you don't know what LoD means or you need to check your eyes. LoD can be agressive in Horizon and pop in can be seen really close to the character.
There was a confusion , of course do I know that LoD means the transition of different Detail stages for a given object.
And yes I see that HZD is lacking here when it comes to far away distances.
But again, nearby LoD is very good and I played it yesterday... cant remember any LoD Flaws in nearby area.

In Fact the Game was recognized as beautiful and leading in its foliage and environment details when it came out. And it kept its lead until RDR2 came out o consoles.
But only the Lod far away was better there. The nearby LoD and the Details of foliage in general in HZD still beats the PC Version of RDR2.
So I will not accept that someone just brushes the games graphical achievements aside by marginalising it and say on the same sentence that the game in general was lacking in details and that only a PC version can give us the true Vision of the Developers.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
PC Gaming can be as cheap and expensive as you want it to be - also, the used market for hw makes it very affordable.

But Come on, what does that all have to do with Horizon coming out on PC.
let us talk about all the graphical Problems this Port could fix.
I for one want much better LODs
It's been a while since I played HZD but I want to disable the motion blur and higher fov. The other improvements is on combat but it can pretty much solved by using kb/m.

Might be a good DF video to see what can we expect from PC port.
Lol no.

IIRC they want to add flying but there is asset streaming speed problem because of slow HDD. It won't be a problem with SSD but they'll need to add more feature to it which I doubt will happen.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I recall the trees looking surprisingly low quality at.. let's call it mid distance for want of a more accurate description. That often stuck out like a sore thumb in some areas. Textures could sometimes look muddy and inconsistent in places too. Water looked better at a distance than close up. Feels like nitpicking for a game that looks beautiful overall but those were my observations.

Druida

Nov 22, 2017
Are you sure? 280x launched for $300 in late 2013. Claiming you could build the entire rest of the PC for $200 and run games well 6 years later just isn't true. $200 is one decent monitor.
Without monitor!
7970 1ghz Sapphire liquidation price to 280x via bios mod. its the same gpu with another name. 200$
Runs fine with AC Odyssey, Forza Horizon 4, Devil May Cry V etc.
Motherboard z77 and 2600k pack- 180$
8gb(2*4gb) ddr3 2133mhz cl11- 59$.
Heatsink Themis evo -25$
2tb Hard disk Toshiba -59$
Powersupply, kamariky IV. - of my old PC
Case- of my old PC

Last edited:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
There was a confusion , of course do I know that LoD means the transition of different Detail stages for a given object.
And yes I see that HZD is lacking here when it comes to far away distances.
But again, nearby LoD is very good and I played it yesterday... cant remember any LoD Flaws in nearby area.

In Fact the Game was recognized as beautiful and leading in its foliage and environment details when it came out. And it kept its lead until RDR2 came out o consoles.
But only the Lod far away was better there. The nearby LoD and the Details of foliage in general in HZD still beats the PC Version of RDR2.
So I will not accept that someone just brushes the games graphical achievements aside by marginalising it and say on the same sentence that the game in general was lacking in details and that only a PC version can give us the true Vision of the Developers.

Nah, as I said, the LoD can be fairly agressive, which means even stuff 5 meters away can load in front of you. It's not "far away". It's nearby.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah and it hurts the point you're trying to make. I've been PC gaming for 25 years and have never had a triple screen set up. I still use a 60Hz monitor. The system I play on the most has a GTX 780 which is beaten by budget graphics cards these days. I know some people downplay the cost but by overstating it you're not exactly being truthful either.

This is like someone buying the most expensive TV they can and claiming console gaming is expensive haha.
The triple screen setup might happen just as an OLED TV might happen. But I agree that's unimportant now.

I just think it's strange to ignore the cost if we're talking about some concern that everyone will just jump over to PC if there are no console exclusives.

Even your 780 probably cost you a few hundred dollars? A RTX 2060 is currently at $400 where I'm at, a RTX 2080ti is $1200, a 1080ti is still $900, a 1060 is $250.

Building a whole rig for the same cost as a console that will last a whole generation is not going to be easy, probably not fun to use either I'd imagine.

And I'm thinking, will the games even start? How far back goes the minimum system requirements?
Guess I'll find out soon, I have the old laptop I talked about in front of me now. To my surprise it actually have a "beastly" 2.2ghz i7 2670 ;)

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Without monitor!
7970 1ghz Sapphire liquidation price to 280x via bios mod. its the same gpu with another name. 200$
Runs fine with AC Odyssey, Forza Horizon 4, Devil May Cry V etc.
Motherboard z77 and 2600k pack- 180$
8gb(2*4gb) ddr3 2133mhz cl11- 59$.
Heatsink Themis evo -25$
2tb Hard disk Toshiba -59$
Powersupply, kamariky IV. - of my old PC
Case- of my old PC
Prices look used

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
The triple screen setup might happen just as an OLED TV might happen. But I agree that's unimportant now.

I just think it's strange to ignore the cost if we're talking about some concern that everyone will just jump over to PC if there are no console exclusives.

Even your 780 probably cost you a few hundred dollars? A RTX 2060 is currently at $400 where I'm at, a RTX 2080ti is $1200, a 1080ti is still $900, a 1060 is $250.

Building a whole rig for the same cost as a console that will last a whole generation is not going to be easy, probably not fun to use either I'd imagine.

And I'm thinking, will the games even start? How far back goes the minimum system requirements?
Guess I'll find out soon, I have the old laptop I talked about in front of me now. To my surprise it actually have a "beastly" 2.2ghz i7 2670 ;)

I think it was £400. I know what you're getting at, and I did say some people like to downplay the cost.

If you're building a system with the intention being to future-proof it against the next generation of consoles then now is not really the time to do it.

Timexy

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone talking about LoD like it's garbage. Whatever flaws it may have HZ:D is one of the most beautiful games of this gen no matter what you think, and being on PC will make it look better, OK, but it's not like it was in bad shape before that...

Whoever talked about FoV I'm assuming it's bad for gaming on a monitor? I used to play mostly on PC but yesterday I bought a 5m HDMI cable so I could play Gears 5 on my TV because playing on the monitor was getting me nauseous (but haven't tried it yet, that Ys VIII update got me by surprise and I bought it on PC). I assume a lot more PC gamers are starting to do the same (starting, I know PC monitor still is and will forever be king for the majority of PC gamers).

Anyway, can't wait to have HD:Z and maybe GoW and TLoU on PC so some friends that only play on PC can get to experience some of the best games of the gen. Thanks Microsoft! (I have a Switch, a PS4 and Game Pass on PC so this is NOT a fan boy comment)

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Are you sure about that? A lot happens during a generation, what you can put together for $500 today is not what you could build 7 years ago.
Yes I'm sure it'll be enough to play games for one generation. You're right that hardware will change, but even early gen hardware will be capable of playing the vast majority of games in 1080p mid- low settings. Hell, my laptop from 2011 can still play most of the games (obviously it has trouble running demanding stuff from the last two years, but still, it's not even an early gen purchase).

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think it was £400. I know what you're getting at, and I did say some people like to downplay the cost.

If you're building a system with the intention being to future-proof it against the next generation of consoles then now is not really the time to do it.
So, if I were interested in going PC, and did want a system that was future proofed for next-gen, when would be the right time? And what might it cost?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that you are wrong. I think that your post serves as justification for what should be completely unacceptable behavior. Being a fan of something for whatever reason is ok, being such a fan that you wish to deprive others of the joy of playing a videogame is embarrasingly selfish behavior that we should all be completely against. I think your post is irresponsible.

No. I did not justify fanboyism. It is astounding you think that. I don't think you read my original post.

The things you are saying I said, I most certainly did not say.

I am not talking about fanboyism. I am talking about various underlying emotional attachments people form with the environments in which they experience video games and how those can turn into fanboyism, especially when spurred on by corporations. I explicitly and completely explain why fanboyism is a bad thing, but I do not think what causes it is as simple as what you are describing. I think there is more to it. I think you are distancing yourself more completely from them than is appropriate or correct, but that does not mean I am equating you to a fanboy. It's called nuance. Reducing my argument to "everyone is a fanboy so it's okay" fundamentally misunderstands what I've said and is the literal opposite of it. There is no way someone can read my original post and think that I'm saying that when I spend multiple paragraphs comprehensively going over how emotional investment people have in experiences can shift into others.

I'm not interested in arguing with you if you're not going to do that.

Instead you chose to write a lenghty post trying to explain why it is normal to feel angry or depressed when other people can share the same feelings of joy playing a videogame as fans and owners of a specific platform.

Not what I said at all. You're implying that I've attempted to justify this anger or depression.

If your message you are trying to convey is "this behavior is silly but expected because it is an emotional response" then it is simply not good enough. By rationalizing this sort of behavior you are contributing to the problem.

Dude. I just. I'm done man. No, I did not say that at all. You're trying to like condense everything down and you've just mashed it together.

There is a difference between understanding behavior and justifying it. Understanding is what helps us fix it. My GOAL is reduce that behavior. But I want to do it in a way that is actually effective. But like whatever, just go off completely misunderstanding my point. I don't think anyone else has so aggressively misunderstood me here. I can't believe you'd seriously argue that seeking to understand why flawed behavior happens is in any way a bad thing because "oh man it might be construed as justification because I can't tell the difference" or something man I really don't know here, but it's really trying my patience here. Like you are beyond my ability to help at this point. You're not interested in actually getting what I'm trying to convey here and what you're saying is literally false. Not really interested in wasting my time with that.

Last edited:

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I am not talking about fanboyism. I am talking about various underlying emotional attachments people form with the environments in which they experience video games

I think this is a stretch with regards to videogames, even taking into account the corporate manipulation of consumers to bond to a brand. I understand forming emotional attachments with environments when partaking of something - a coffee-shop, a house, a group of friends - but to say that this can stretch to the "plastic box" used to play games is like saying readers find themselves emotionally attached to the physical book they're reading. The physical book may represent any number of things - a best friend, a lost love, a feeling of innocence - but the story and the physical book are, to my mind, separate. So it is with videogames and the console used to play them.

IMO. :)

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
So, if I were interested in going PC, and did want a system that was future proofed for next-gen, when would be the right time?
Personally I would wait until the new consoles are out and have been benchmarked against PC hardware available at the time. I bet Digital Foundry has plans to tackle that. That is for budget conscious PC builds of course. If money isn't a concern high-end hardware that's available now should last throughout next-gen.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Personally I would wait until the new consoles are out and have been benchmarked against PC hardware available at the time. I bet Digital Foundry has plans to tackle that. That is for budget conscious PC builds of course. If money isn't a concern high-end hardware that's available now should last throughout next-gen.
Oh, budget is definitely a concern lol. I guess like $1000-$1500 would be what I'd be looking at when it comes time to do it.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
There is a difference between understanding behavior and justifying it. Understanding is what helps us fix it. My GOAL is reduce that behavior. But I want to do it in a way that is actually effective.

I am dumbfounded by some of the assumptions against your original comment.

The fact you have to clarify it further or even "defend" the post in question is quite surprising, all things considered.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a stretch with regards to videogames, even taking into account the corporate manipulation of consumers to bond to a brand. I understand forming emotional attachments with environments when partaking of something - a coffee-shop, a house, a group of friends - but to say that this can stretch to the "plastic box" used to play games is like saying readers find themselves emotionally attached to the physical book they're reading. The physical book may represent any number of things - a best friend, a lost love, a feeling of innocence - but the story and the physical book are, to my mind, separate. So it is with videogames and the console used to play them.

IMO. :)

Perhaps it's not the console itself with you then. I had hoped, but maybe didn't do a great job on, that I'd explained that any number of things create that environment, and just that for many people the console itself can be a part of that. I know for me it's a factor, but totally understand why it may not be for someone else. But it's funny you bring up books because I know quite a few book readers who are unable to enjoy e-books because the tactile feel of a book, the smell of a book, the physical feeling of where you are in a book, the book store you're in, the reading corner you have, whatever snack you have while reading, all of these are huge effects on their enjoyment of the books directly. It's something even author's will mention a character experiencing.

So not everyone's experience is going to be the same. Heck some people literally do not visualize things in their heads so when reading a book don't form images of characters in their heads. This ends up having a really interesting effect then if say someone gets upset, even if not seriously, that a character in a movie adaption looks nothing like them in their heads. And the person who can't visualize will get really confused. It's not that the person doesn't understand that how a character looks can matter; they just didn't form that specific sentimental attachment to their own creation.

Not that people who don't form emotional connections to their consoles are some how mentally compromised lol. But more that everyone is different in a lot of ways probably too complicated to really be useful trying to analyze here. Because the point isn't that everyone has this exact experience in this way, but that hey, pretty much everyone reading this has those mental emotional environments created by a variety of factors for them personally, and for many of those people a console involved. Further still, for many of those people that console is their playstation. Alright, all good and well. Point is that emotional attachment to a console is all things considered pretty normal when it is a large factor in creating the mental sanctuary in which you experience video games.

And where this goes awry is when that whole tribalistic corporate thing starts to exploit that emotional attachment.

Thing is if the console itself was never remotely a factor in your enjoyment of a game, then that kind of exploitation is probably something you're pretty immune to. You may have other things in your life you could be emotionally exploited for by a corporation, but I don't know you and I don't know what that is and it's kind of beyond scope here.

But yeah, not EVERY playstation fan is personally attached to their console. For whatever reason, I...really don't have a lot of attachment to my PS4 even though I had like 1000 hours on it this year or something crazy. And certainly not every playstation fan who is attached to their console has had that attachment exploited by a corporation looking to encourage a fanatical fanbase like these corporations like to do.

I am dumbfounded by some of the assumptions against your original comment.

The fact you have to clarify it further or even "defend" the post in question is quite surprising, all things considered.

Honestly thank you so much for that I feel like I'm going crazy. I go through enough self doubt and perfectionist rewriting and reevaluating as is. It's not perfect, and it's kinda messy and drags at points, but having someone so thoroughly misunderstand what I took meticulous time explaining is just. I'm so tired. Thank you.

This is why I didn't make it its own thread. Would rather people who are invested enough to be keeping up with this topic read it rather than have 4 pages of talking about how long it is (gonna happen regardless) and how self important I must think I am to make everyone read that, and then like 3 more pages of trolls, bad faith arguments, and misreads. It's just exhausting man.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Performance and keyboard and mouse controls are my only real concerns. If they screw up the latter I guess I'll just use a controller again but I would really like them to get those controls right. While playing the PS4 version I was imagining how much fun it would be to play with k&m. That I might actually get to now feels like a miracle.
If they screw it up, at least gyro assisted aiming would be possible (on Steam).

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly? I hope so. At some point every once in an eon, PCs have to make a universal jump for something. I mean, remember when we thought requiring people to go out and buy a discrete GPU was too much? Eventually HDDs need to just be relegated to archival and cheap bulk storage of pictures, videos, and whatever else.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
You're not interested in actually getting what I'm trying to convey here and what you're saying is literally false. Not really interested in wasting my time with that.

That's ok, you've expressed your opinion and I've expressed mine so there's indeed no point in analyzing this further. We're on a different wavelength and that's fine, we don't have to agree on everything. Thanks for the civil discussion.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Having an opinion based on personal taste actively hurts the medium?
The second part of my post is pretty much an acknowledgment that I have no issue with their personal opinion or feelings on the matter. The fact is that objectively there is simply no talent at ND that makes their storytelling beyond anything else. Same as it was for GoT past s3, same as Hannibal is arguably the best written and directed TV of the last decade. We had a pretty great thread about the writing in "prestige" games that got locked because people couldn't take the fact that their prefered medium still has ways to go when it comes to writing outside of a select few western crpgs.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I'm sure it'll be enough to play games for one generation. You're right that hardware will change, but even early gen hardware will be capable of playing the vast majority of games in 1080p mid- low settings. Hell, my laptop from 2011 can still play most of the games (obviously it has trouble running demanding stuff from the last two years, but still, it's not even an early gen purchase).
Fair enough, I'm not in a position to claim you're wrong without knowing any parts, I'm just highly sceptic right now.

Still trying out my old laptop from the start of the generation here, Steam is up and running but nothing new has started yet, slightly annoyed that you don't get stopped before you've downloaded 30GB and installed the game so I'm searching the net for system and directx requirements right now. (which is another reason why people will rather just play on consoles instead)

Edit: Please describe how you got your 2011 laptop to work. I just tried The Witcher 3, a 5 year old game. But apparently the laptop gpu doesn't support Direct X 11, so that's that, DX11 is installed but the hardware simply says nope.

Last edited:

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
So, if I were interested in going PC, and did want a system that was future proofed for next-gen, when would be the right time? And what might it cost?

This is no exact science, as there's different HW releases to consider (and your own preferences). but 6 month to a year after the new consoles release gives you a much better idea on how to get the best bang for your buck.

You'll have real world benchmarks on what is worth splurging on vs where you can save money.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is no exact science, as there's different HW releases to consider (and your own preferences). but 6 month to a year after the new consoles release gives you a much better idea on how to get the best bang for your buck.

You'll have real world benchmarks on what is worth splurging on vs where you can save money.
Right, gotcha.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I'm in Sweden so might not be able to compare prices, I'll edit it out to not derail. But I'd say that it was because I had no experience in what you actually needed, and yeah I was probably ripped off as well ;)

But the point is that you won't just pay $500 every 7 years as a PC gamer, it's a whole different investment, even if you already have a rig and just upgrades going forward.
pretty much and the masses will not know what the heck they are doing. They couldn't tell weather wii u was a peripheral or a new console. pc gamers need to stop cherry picking and flip flopping on how smart the masses are or aren't when it comes to making their arguments. Why are pc gamers even recruiting for people to leave consoles? There is no legit reason for a pc gamer to be acting like xbox and ps4 gamers as far as trying to get people to switch to a different platform. Gaming is as big as it is now because of consoles. trying to kill them will bring us right back to the days before nintendo. Use your heads guys.

A average family in America is not going to buy multiple gaming pcs for the house (3-4 minimum) over a few cheap consoles.. Pc gamers are so out of touch really. The fact that they say pc master race or say superior before mentioning any port coming to their platform shows us this.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
You should wait 2nd semester. Amd series 4000 and a new gpu from Nvidia will guarantee better graphics than consoles for 3 years at least. To play like consoles you can stay with this config until the end of gen.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You should wait 2nd semester. Amd series 4000 and a new gpu from Nvidia will guarantee better graphics than consoles for 3 years at least. To play like consoles you can stay with this config until the end of gen.
Thx, dude. Yeah, that's what I would want. I just don't want to build some monster beast rig and have it be obsolete in a year, lol.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
This is if you want to play at 4k right? If you're playing at 1080 or 1440, you should be able to go with something older/cheaper, right?

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
User Banned (3 days): System wars
Because I think holding TLOU's story and the quality of it on a pedestal as "second to none" actively hurts the medium. I have no issue with anyone enjoying it but it is what it is.
pc gamers hurt the medium to be honest. TLOUs has helped it big time bringing in $ dollars and people to gaming. If pc gamers cared a little less about specs and didn't mention them in every game thread and just talked about the game then and only then will they start helping the medium instead of scaring people away.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Honestly thank you so much for that I feel like I'm going crazy. I go through enough self doubt and perfectionist rewriting and reevaluating as is. It's not perfect, and it's kinda messy and drags at points, but having someone so thoroughly misunderstand what I took meticulous time explaining is just. I'm so tired. Thank you.

This is why I didn't make it its own thread. Would rather people who are invested enough to be keeping up with this topic read it rather than have 4 pages of talking about how long it is (gonna happen regardless) and how self important I must think I am to make everyone read that, and then like 3 more pages of trolls, bad faith arguments, and misreads. It's just exhausting man.

No, thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts. The vast majority of comments, mine included, never go into such minute detail. And yeah, some on here thoroughly misunderstood your original post, to an extent of utterly failing to grasp basic idea behind what you were trying to convey.

I kind of figured you went through those doubtful emotions shortly after you asked if I was being sarcastic after my initial appreciation.

I was wondering why you didn't make a separate thread... guess you made the right call.

GonXtreme

Dec 13, 2017
Moscow
Does anyone remember Sega porting some of their Arcade/Saturn exclusives back in the day to PC? Just a year or so after their releases in console?

Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Fighter, Sonic 3d Blast, Sega Rally and so on.

Nobody cared about that. Those games were and still are Saturn/Arcade games.

PC ports were really good but people still recognized those games as Saturn exclusives. They weren't available on Ps1 or N64.

It will be the same situation if Sony starts porting their exclusives on Pc.

OldSilentHill

Jan 16, 2020
Horizon Zero Dawn falls short of that mark too.

89/100? lol.

Again, bring the PC game list I was talking about and let´s see how many current 3rd person adventure games are above 90 in Metacritic. I´m probably doing a wrong search, which is leading me to wrong - believing consoles companies were doing a better job in that genre.