• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

This thread has been fantastic, lol. 10/10 entertainment
The best part, is that it's not even been confirmed yet.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
Don't take this as a formal declaration or anything but I've heard some things from a couple people in the know and I'm expecting some big IP to hit PC in the near future. No I don't have specifics and nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed. I'm very excited though.

tell me more.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Don't take this as a formal declaration or anything but I've heard some things from a couple people in the know and I'm expecting some big IP to hit PC in the near future. No I don't have specifics and nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed. I'm very excited though.
We know it's Knack, you might as well spill the beans.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A meltdown would be something like "OMG, this is it!!!! This is the LAST STRAW! I AM DONE! I HATE THIS! Wait, just wait and see how this is TERRIBLE NEWS!" :) Or a good example is that funny tweet of someone putting the Horizon box in the toilet someone posted here :) Yup, now that's a meltdown - but that's not from this thread.

Plenty of that in this thread. We were all just laughing at a couple of post like this yesterday. One dude was apparently drunk while doing it and was asking folk to pray for them.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't you already play TLOU, God of War and Horizon on PC using PS Now?

If so I really don't see the big deal about them doing local versions of old PS games.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Console and PC warring wasn't enough, had to drag Apple in here.

But sure, Macs are just for bragging rights.

Says it's wrong to to drag Apple into this.... Then adds a flame-bait hot take that Macs are just for bragging rights.

No they are not, Macs are awesome, I've been using them for work and preferring them to PCs for years, never going back to Windows. You don't like them and it's fine. Ok? Ok. Can we get back to consoles now?

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
It's clear to everyone that if Sony goes ahead with this, it will be because they had assessed that the gain in revenue from Group 3 outweighs the loss of revenue from Group 1.

What people are skeptical about:
1. Group 1 gamers (1P & 3P software, PS+, accessories) are more valuable per head compared to Group 3 (just 1P exclusives). Gain in low-value Group 3 gamers must vastly outnumber high-value Group 1 gamers for this move to make sense.

2. What data are you using to determine that there will be "hardly any impact" to the loss of high-value Group 1 gamers? As far as I know, there's no published study on this...but there's a poll in this very forum that shows the majority here will switch to PC if Sony abolishes exclusivity. Heck, even Sony admits in a recent interview that PC is a competing platform and is the driving force behind the inception of PS4 Pro.

I am not using any studies or hard numbers, just my take on it based on my limited knowledge; a prediction or point of view that's all.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I've made the decision to quit console gaming a few years ago and haven't changed my mind. I didn't renew PS Plus this past December for the first time since it was a requirement to play online. So with that said, it would be very nice if some if not all Playstation exclusives were available on PC.

The one I really want more than anything else in Dreams. That's something I could see myself dabbling with here and there for years to come. I don't care whether it's via PS Now or an official PC release. I just want to be able to play it without having to turn on my PS4 and reconnect my DS4 which is now connected to my PC with a BT adapter lol.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I've made the decision to quit console gaming a few years ago and haven't changed my mind. I didn't renew PS Plus this past December for the first time since it was a requirement to play online. So with that said, it would be very nice if some if not all Playstation exclusives were available on PC.

The one I really want more than anything else in Little Big Planet. That's something I could see myself dabbling with here and there for years to come. I don't care whether it's via PS Now or an official PC release. I just want to be able to play it without having to turn on my PS4 and reconnect my DS4 which is now connected to my PC with a BT adapter lol.

Dreams > LBP for me and Dreams is most likely coming to PC. It would be strange if it didn't.

OldSilentHill

Jan 16, 2020
User Warned: System wars
It's really impressive how desesperated PC gamers are for Top quality 3rd person games, like TLOU, Horizon, Bloodborne, God of War, Spiderman, etc.

It's not surprising though, since the golden era of 3rd person games started mostly with consoles, while PC shines in FPS, strategy, etc.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
This thread gonna go past 100 pages because of a 3 year old game that's gonna go on the EGS & be ignored by most PC gamers like Detroit was.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
This thread gonna go past 100 pages because of a 3 year old game that's gonna go on the EGS & be ignored by most PC gamers like Detroit was.
The Kotaku article said Steam release is planned as well.

It's really impressive how desesperated PC gamers are for Top quality 3rd person games, like TLOU, Horizon, Bloodborne, God of War, Spiderman, etc.

It's not surprising though, since the golden era of 3rd person games started mostly with consoles, while PC shines in FPS, strategy, etc.
LMAO

cta2417

Jan 10, 2018

So GOW, Spider-Man, TLOU, or Persona? I wish. Especially GOW or Spider-Man.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'll double dip if they release it at a good price. This and Bloodborne top my list of PS exclusive games I want to play at 60fps (and in BBs case, without fucking chromatic aberration and shit frame pacing)

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone want's to play Horizon Zero Dawn TODAY on their PC, they can grab 7-day free trial and play it on PSNow [if servers can serve you at your location].

It and Uncharted The Lost Legacy will be up on PSNow until early April. PS4 owners can even download them and play them locally.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
"I'll just wait for the PC port" x1000 every single time Sony announces a game moving forward.

True, people will say that, but in reality:

1 - Even if Sony does start porting their games to PC left and right (and, to be honest, regardless of some posts here, they probably won't) - nothing can guarantee the port will come for a specific game. Even with Microsoft, we never got Halo 5 on PC, for example, so you can't possibly know.

2. - Even if the game will come out on PC, you can't possibly know when it will come out. Maybe it comes out after 3 years like the potential Horizon port?

3. - I'll want to play games with adaptive triggers and new haptics and HDR and stuff. And that's exclusive to PS5. Can't be the only one.

So, yeah, a lot of people will say "I'll just wait for the PC port" but I'll bet you these people are not really that interested in these games and probably wouldn't buy a console for these games anyway. I mean, if you're willing to buy a PS5 to play Horizon 2 or God of War sequel, you like these games so much, you're not going to wait 2-3 years to play them on your PC.

Outside this forum, majority of people will play the new Call of Duty on their PlayStation 5. And they'll play the Sony exclusives on the PS5 too. People predicting the doom of consoles because of this - actually think people outside this forum prefer playing games on PC because of.... framerates and stuff. I've actually heard, on this forum, that mainstream audience cares about the number of teraflops.... Most people here aren't exactly realistic about this, so they can't make realistic predictions about exclusives either.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
If anyone want's to play Horizon Zero Dawn TODAY on their PC, they can grab 7-day free trial and play it on PSNow [if servers can serve you at your location].

It and Uncharted The Lost Legacy will be up on PSNow until early April. PS4 owners can even download them and play them locally.

That video title though, as if a 2080 Ti will affect a streamed version of Horizon :P

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Outside this forum, majority of people will play the new Call of Duty on their PlayStation 5. And they'll play the Sony exclusives on the PS5 too. People predicting the doom of consoles because of this - actually think people outside this forum prefer playing games on PC because of.... framerates and stuff. I've actually heard, on this forum, that mainstream audience cares about the number of teraflops.... Most people here aren't exactly realistic about this, so they can't make realistic predictions about exclusives either.
GTA V sold very well on the PC and it came out later, it all depends on how well the game is ported. I'd like to think consoles and PC gaming can still co-exist without all the drama.

I think there are more people than we think who are looking for an easy excuse to stop buying consoles.
Excuse or preference? There will continue to be a sizeable audience who simply prefer playing on a console no matter if games are exclusive or not.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
True, people will say that, but in reality:

1 - Even if Sony does start porting their games to PC left and right (and, to be honest, regardless of some posts here, they probably won't) - nothing can guarantee the port will come for a specific game. Even with Microsoft, we never got Halo 5 on PC, for example, so you can't possibly know.

2. - Even if the game will come out on PC, you can't possibly know when it will come out. Maybe it comes out after 3 years like the potential Horizon port?

3. - I'll want to play games with adaptive triggers and new haptics and HDR and stuff. And that's exclusive to PS5. Can't be the only one.

So, yeah, a lot of people will say "I'll just wait for the PC port" but I'll bet you these people are not really that interested in these games and probably wouldn't buy a console for these games anyway. I mean, if you're willing to buy a PS5 to play Horizon 2 or God of War sequel, you like these games so much, you're not going to wait 2-3 years to play them on your PC.

I think there are more people than we think who are looking for an easy excuse to stop buying consoles.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
My country does not have an official PSN store or local currency support, but I tested trial of PSN via UK account with no issue. I did not purchase service because I was interested only to test it, but I could do it via UK PSN topup cards.
I am in the same boat, but I use a US account. I can buy games with prepaid PSN cards from Amazon, but PS NOW seems to require a backup payment option, even for the trial.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is so smart to do this. As sales dry up on the PS4 version, Pc gamers that don't own a PS4 will get to play it. If they love it, they're much more likely to buy a PS5 for a potential second one (rather than wait the 2+ years for it to potentially come to PC)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Excuse or preference? There will continue to be a sizeable audience who simply prefer playing on a console no matter if games are exclusive or not.

Of course there will be. But there will definitely be people looking to jump out of this stupid, pointless arms race as well.

Sony is so smart to do this. As sales dry up on the PS4 version, Pc gamers that don't own a PS4 will get to play it. If they love it, they're much more likely to buy a PS5 for a potential second one (rather than wait the 2+ years for it to potentially come to PC)

Hardcore PC gamers are not gonna buy a PS5 for a Horizon sequel.