• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the future then seriously and no disrespect to you, but FUCK THAT. I LOVE GAMING, HAVE BEEN GAMING SINCE I WAS 4 ON ATARI 2600. Thats not gaming to me, like at fucking all.
Then I guess Ill move on to putting more time into my motorcycles.

like seriously I'm almost having a mental breakdown at the thought. Gaming has been such a giant part of my life, i fucking moved to San Francisco to persue a career in gaming.
I really hope this is the alcohol talking. I love console gaming, I love exclusives, I like the way consoles are designed which is why as much as I bitch I admire Nintendo.

Please don't tell me what I love in creativity in developing a game for certain specs/box is going away.

Jesus.......I need a priest and someone''s shoulder to cry on.....

I fucking hope February comes with a bang, and shows Sony is just doing this for select titles.

You going to be my wing-man in this apocalypse? I need someone to save me.
297045358032211.png

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Best part about it potentially being on PC is that hopefully someone can mod in concept art Alloy.
hfzuzq23wbaz.png

I like this a lot but I guess they wanted to steer away from too cartoony of a style.

My point was that Microsoft didn't port it over.

Mojang?

If you're talking about the 'Console Edition", 4J was contracted by MS maintain all versions including Xbox.

Current version is developed and published by MS though.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
It's.....called....alcohol.. and this with Jason's tweet is worrying they will kill their own brand of hardware by doing what MS is doing. MS is going this route because in all honestly they fucked up royally this gen, and late last gen in their branding. They didn't diversify enough , relied to heavily on certain titles, and didn't try earlier to cater to regions outside of US/UK.

Sony has been consistent with their brand/games/ around the world. Why would they need to bring their games to a service, let alone PC when they sell so well on PSN/retail?

Like they are basically Nintendo for hardcore. They push pixels and darker themed games along with things like VR. I understand bringing games like maybe Gran Turismo or Predator game. Basically online focused games to PC with cross play in mind.

But wtf are you doing bringing GG games to PC when they now have proven to be a staple like Naughty Dog?
How does any of this change by bringing some of their games to PC?

Get a fucking grip.

Oct 27, 2017
Papa cheeks, please don't have a meltdown. Papa Sony will still take care of you and bring you a rich library of PlayStation experiences that only PlayStation studios can offer. They will truly be special and you will be OK. Believe it.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Look at my avatar. Now believe me when I tell you that if BotW was announced for PC 3-4 years after it's Switch release the only thing I would be thinking is, "Oh hell yes! Now way more people are going to experience my favorite game of all time!" The hot takes in here are embarrassing, I seriously cannot discern whether you're adults or primarily junior high students.

It's utterly embarrassing to be honest, but leave it to era to find something that's extremely positive for gaming as a whole and turn it into something completely negative.

He's absolutely right to. This site is a complete shit show when it comes to console warring. This whole thread is an utter joke.

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
If this thread hasn't given your fill of nonsense takes yet, be sure to check out the Sony Worldwide Studios thread!

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if Sony decided to release all their first party games day and date on the PC, the thing is, I'd still by a PS5 for other Japanese games that won't come to the PC such as Atlus games. The Series X, however, has given me absolutely zero incentive to own it.

I'm hyped to play HZD and Death Stranding on my badass PC pretty soon!

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I'll just leave this here:

PC, Console, and Mobile is a bigger market than Console.

Sony's not copying (eventually) Microsoft because "hey it's Microsoft"...it's because their competitor is lined up to potentially make more money than they do by being in all three of those markets, and they can make even more than what their competitor is doing because they are already doing great in the console space.

Not that hard.

Dec 14, 2019
Fuck that.

if this is the future, I;m out. I see why shawn left.

I buy consoles for the convenience , and if I may for the fact it's just put a disc in and play. Plus there's something I like about console hardware.

If this is truly the future I hate to say it, I'm fucking done with Playstation. And I say that as a huge playstation/sega fan.

If I see last of us coming to PC, jesus I might just wait for everything and play on PC only. Which i don't want to do.

Like does Jim ryan not understand how strong PlayStation is as a brand? They are basically the hardcore version of Nintendo. They can't be touched in the space of story driven single player experiences?

How as a company do you not look at that and see our brand is strong because of those type of titles.

Truly hope this is a more tiered approach then a day one approach.

Looks line you're left with two options:

1. Play it early on console.
2. Wait for everything to (maybe) be released on PC.

You choose.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that.

I buy consoles for the convenience , and if I may for the fact it's just put a disc in and play. Plus there's something I like about console hardware.

If this is truly the future I hate to say it, I'm fucking done with Playstation. And I say that as a huge playstation/sega fan.

If I see last of us coming to PC, jesus I might just wait for everything and play on PC only. Which i don't want to do.

Like does Jim ryan not understand how strong PlayStation is as a brand? They are basically the hardcore version of Nintendo. They can't be touched in the space of story driven single player experiences?

How as a company do you not look at that and see our brand is strong because of those type of titles.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they patch in the improvements they do for the PC into the PS4 BC PS5 version or whatever way it works. How cool would that be 😎 Would be like a whole new game again just in time for Horizon 2.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
My point is that once your games aren't exclusive, your console, AND your ecosystem, has no value anymore. There is no reason for either console to exist with all of this push toward putting shit on other machines. Just rip the band-aid off.
The ecosystem becomes (and actually always had been) the features of the ecosystem. A lot of people enjoy the user experience of one console over the other. You might have untransferable friends lists you don't want to start over. You might have a library of games you already own that you'd have to buy again on another. Maybe one ecosystem has better sales. An ecosystem is way more than the software it hosts otherwise companies wouldn't put so much effort in to the rest of the experience.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't they say, one-two months before, that exclusivity is very important for them, but they will be some exceptions, in particular, multiplayer games, that may come to other platforms?

Why everyone believe that exclusives will not exist.

Last edited:

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I click "show ignored content" for shits and giggles.

There were no giggles this go-around. But there was soooo much shit.

I wonder if it ever occurred to people that Sony sees doing this as the way forward in increasingly platform-agnostic and accessible times? They can't let Microsoft have all of that to themselves, right?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's absolutely right to. This site is a complete shit show when it comes to console warring. This whole thread is an utter joke.
I will never understand why somebody gets upset if a game exclusive to their preferred platform is ported to another platform. Nothing's being taken away from you but instead more people can enjoy the game.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
PC Gaming is not a niche thing anymore, this isn't the 90s. Steam gets 15 million users daily, the majority of which have hardware that''s fully capable of running games like Horizon.

Steam hardware survey does not reveal how many players took part, it just lists percentages of the ones participating. So I wouldnt say majority or minority, until they reveal it.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Fuck that.

But the games you love are still the games you love....... this just means more people can play and love them. That takes nothing, literally nothing away from your enjoyment. The games you love are still just that, the games you loved. Nothing truly changed....

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My point is that once your games aren't exclusive, your console, AND your ecosystem, has no value anymore. There is no reason for either console to exist with all of this push toward putting shit on other machines. Just rip the band-aid off.
Yea if they are basically going 3rd party go ahead and go in it 100% already

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
It's.....called....alcohol.. and this with Jason's tweet is worrying they will kill their own brand of hardware by doing what MS is doing. MS is going this route because in all honestly they fucked up royally this gen, and late last gen in their branding. They didn't diversify enough , relied to heavily on certain titles, and didn't try earlier to cater to regions outside of US/UK.

Sony has been consistent with their brand/games/ around the world. Why would they need to bring their games to a service, let alone PC when they sell so well on PSN/retail?

Like they are basically Nintendo for hardcore. They push pixels and darker themed games along with things like VR. I understand bringing games like maybe Gran Turismo or Predator game. Basically online focused games to PC with cross play in mind.

But wtf are you doing bringing GG games to PC when they now have proven to be a staple like Naughty Dog?
What the fuck am I reading? How does releasing games on PC change what you like about Sony? It makes no sense. They will continue to make games you enjoy and more people get a chance to play them. There is only an upside to this.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I'll just leave this here:

PC, Console, and Mobile is a bigger market than Console.

Sony's not copying (eventually) Microsoft because "hey it's Microsoft"...it's because their competitor is lined up to potentially make more money than they do by being in all three of those markets, and they can make even more than what their competitor is doing because they are already doing great in the console space.

Not that hard.
Fucking preach, dude. It's not rocket science.

Oct 25, 2017
That might be one of the better meltdowns I've ever seen.

Oh no, a game I like is gonna be played by more people, and - gasp! - it's going to run and probably look better as well. Hobby ruined.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017

If you think Microsoft is doing PC releases just because of the poor performance of the Xbox One you have no idea what you're talking about. Microsoft could not care less where you play their games. There's no way of knowing if Sony is going the same route but it wouldn't (and shouldn't) be the least bit surprising if they did. This is a business about selling games and services to as many people as possible, not placating people on the internet arguing about whose list is bigger.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If this is true I'm guessing its Sony testing the water. If horizon sees considerable sales they'll port everything.

I think it will do well. Basically just how you wont need to buy an xbox if you own a good pc, you wont need to buy a ps5

Niaboc

Nov 2, 2017
on one hand: this is great news for PC players because horizon zero dawn was one of the ps4 games I've had the most fun with this gen

on the other hand: for every sony fanboy who went in hard on xbox for supporting pc, you'll forgive me for giggling.