• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Because a PlayStation is $500 (less, maybe) at launch while a PC that could play the game better is significantly more expensive.
PC is always more affordable over time.

With this move PlayStation's selling point is 'we're cheaper up front'....and that's it. PS5 is highly unlikely to have any Nintendo gimmick that makes it unique either. It's literally underpowered hardware that gets 6-10 AAA games quicker than another platform now.

All of the drawbacks of console gaming without it's overwhelmingly best positive.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be pretty sure. Consider the timing of this, and that it's only happening because the current generation is finally ending, so now they're releasing a 3 year old game on PC. With PS5, they have a new console they want to sell, so yeah, those exclusives will be locked down to PS5 for a very, very long time as well.

Timed for 6-12 month at most. Book it.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's not about the money for me it's about the game catalogue. If Sony were to release all their exclusives at the same time on ps4 & pc then i probably would just buy a pc.

Right now Ps4 has by far the best games (Bloodborne and God of war are in my top 5 games of all time) so that is why i only own a ps4. There is nothing on pc or Xbox that i think are must own games for me at this moment in time
Why would you buy a PC if the games you want are on PS4? If the games you want are still only Sony and available on PlayStation , why do you feel the need to spend $900ish on a PC?

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm just giving an opposing view to "this is great news for everyone". I am not "afraid" or even upset about this. In fact, I look forward to seeing how amazing Horizon and Death Stranding look on a high-end PC.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
This is great news. In an ideal world, all Sony games would come out on PC, too, but I'll be happy with this as a start.

Now I just need Bloodborne with 60fps support, please.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
People need to get out of their little enthusiast bubble if they seriously think that without exclusive games consoles wouldn't have a market. In fact, the market for consoles would remain pretty much exactly the same - with at most a minor dip in install base to account for PC gamers who just kept consoles around for exclusives.

Exclusives primarily serve to differentiate between the consoles. That differentiation isn't necessary or particularly impactful vs PC, so why not earn more money from your first party games whilst also retaining the primary benefit of them?

The idea that this would begin a shift to a PC only future is laughable.

Feb 15, 2019
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing it with a lot of their PS4 games but not for their PS5 games. Get people invested in the franchises and then have them buy a PS5 for the sequel.

You played HZD and loved it? Great, now you're more likely to buy a PS5 so you don't have to wait till the end of the gen to enjoy it. Spider-Man on PC? Gladly! But If you want that sweet Venom sequel, you're gonna have to buy a PS5. Wanna see what Kratos does next after playing GoW on PC? Better get that PS5.

Of course I'd still much prefer it if they also just put the PS5 games on PC. But it still doesn't sound like a bad strategy to get PC gamers invested in PS franchises so they might even potentially buy a PS5 to play their games earlier.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Why would you buy a PC if the games you want are on PS4? If the games you want are still only Sony and available on PlayStation , why do you feel the need to spend $900ish on a PC?
Because i could play the games at better resolution/fps. Playing Bloodborne at release at 4k 120fps would have been incredible.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
This is absolutely amazing, one of the best games this generation. I'll double-dip for sure

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo will be the last traditional console left and it will only gain them more users, because they will basically be the only one offering it

all the PS Xbox and pc people will be spread out over 3 systems

It will be more than 3 system .
We are heading to a world where you will be able to play anything anywhere .
This in the set up that going to happen over the next 10 years as everyone moves to the service model .

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. This is truly crazy. PC is unequivocally the best place to play if they start getting more PS exclusives.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Funny looking back on this thread from the same guy.

www.resetera.com

Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn comes to PC on February 2020

One of the biggest Russian bloggers Anton Logvinov shared this information in his latest video. He predicted that Death Stranding will come to PC before the official announcement (tho it wasn't that hard) and now said this: Later he added:

People were so sure it wasn't happening.
Its shameful really. I made a video about it on YouTube when it first happened, and of course people were dismissive of Anton Loginov. One even said he had dementia to discredit him. Well he deserves a lot of credit now, because when Anton leaked this nobody was talking about it. He has been vindicated and kudos to him.