• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
To all those high and mighty people saying "only fanboyz will be upset!" - how do you not understand that this news seems bad for the PlayStation brand and potentially removes the need for a PlayStation console going forward? Of course we are all overreacting and assuming this means more (all) PS exclusives will go to PC eventually, but if that is in fact the case, just look at this thread to see how many people are saying "cool I won't need to buy a PlayStation anymore". THAT'S why some people do not like this news. Some of us do not enjoy gaming on a PC. Apologies to the high and mighty, but that is a fact.
You're proving them right, nobody but fanboyz think like this.

"THAT'S why some people do not like this news. Some of us do not enjoy gaming on a PC"

Then don't?

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What about PS Exclusives on Game Pass for PC?

200.gif

Stop, I couldn't handle that right now.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'd pay literally any price to play Bloodborne at 60fps.
Same, not even kidding

Genuinely couldn't give less of a shit if I had to drop $599 on a PS5 to do so, please. I need to play Bloodborne at 60fps. It's ridiculous a game as good as BB is stuck in base PS4, non PS4 Pro enhanced hell.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Great, always wanted to play this but for some reason skipped it on PS4. This might be a new trend with Sony?

Imagine Bloodborne at 60fps. Fuck.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
To all those high and mighty people saying "only fanboyz will be upset!" - how do you not understand that this news seems bad for the PlayStation brand and potentially removes the need for a PlayStation console going forward? Of course we are all overreacting and assuming this means more (all) PS exclusives will go to PC eventually, but if that is in fact the case, just look at this thread to see how many people are saying "cool I won't need to buy a PlayStation anymore". THAT'S why some people do not like this news. Some of us do not enjoy gaming on a PC. Apologies to the high and mighty, but that is a fact.

Consoles aren't going anywhere, and PC gamers can enjoy exclusives with all the PC advantages that were before now unavailable to them.

Everybody wins.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If Sony simultaneously released the pc version with the PS4 version I'd go pc easily. I'm guessing $500 will buy you something equally as powerful as the PS5?
It won't, but I'm a PC gamer and I'm adamantly against the idea of buying into the PC ecosystem purely for gaming anyway.

Thrilled about this. The amount of armchair analysts never cease to amuse. The PC marketplace will always be supplemental to the console marketplace due to the price of entry alone. Your precious PlayStation isn't going anywhere.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
As someone who only owns a ps4 i think this is great news. More people get to enjoy this amazing game and Sony make more $$$ which can be put towards their exclusives etc.

If this came out simultaneously on ps4 and pc however i think I'd have more of a problem with it, because I'd question why own a PlayStation when I can get a better experience on PC

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My latest PC upgrade got a whole lot better all of a sudden, and it was pretty damn good to begin with. I hope to play all Sony 1st party games on PC down the line.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
OMFG!! In a week of delays this might be the best news I could have possibly gotten. Horizon is amazing on PS4 but god damn did I want a PC release of this game so badly. Will play it again for sure if this is true.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those of you claiming this is dumb: Sony has run the numbers and has likely figured out what the rest of the industry has - that the money is in the software. There is not a lot of money to be made in plastic box sales, third party titles are barreling towards cross play, and there will still be far more people that want to buy a PlayStation console instead of building a PC. PS5 will still be the best selling console next gen. Guarantee.
This is a good move, it's good for consumers and it's good for the company.

You guys have got to stop letting your love for a box define you. None of you should be sore about this. It is a fantastic move that benefits all consumers. Don't tie your identities so close to a plastic box

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is not hurting their brand. Not everyone wants or owns a PC...it's that simple.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
You arent stating the obvious because they are two different situations. Your comparing a business model where MS launches day one on Xbox and PC to a Playstation exclusive game which released 3 years ago. Its not even comparable. Its great this game is coming to PC for anyone who couldn't enjoy it a whole 3 years back but it's a completely different ball park. The generation is almost over and people are losing there shit making out this means the end of console exclusives. Well why stop at HZD? Why not throw them all on in one go? I mean if that's the aim why drip feed 3 year old content. Why not 4 year old UC4? 7 year old TLOU?

Do you honestly believe it's just one game? You've missed the point here entirely. Multiple sony exclusives have made their way over to PC now with this, MLB the show will be made in house at sony and on every platform now, detroit, etc. This is a signal that sony is ready to take the MSFT approach and release their games elsewhere.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be honest... if I can just build a really good gaming PC and not have to worry about missing Sony exclusives, I'd totally skip PS5. I don't think this hurts them or anything in the long run but it does lessen my need to buy a PS5 for better or worse.

momottolo

Aug 20, 2019
I would be very happy if pc games were coming to pc from day one but i don't think this news change something in that regard and waiting 3-5 years for games to come over to pc isn't very exciting

I hope Sony will be clear with their pc strategy from now on

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If HZD isn't the only one and they open the gates for real they would get tons of negative PR for holding the games hostage on just one platform, it would be like having a 3 year timed exclusivity deal on every game, and people are angry even by timed exclusives on Epic Store :P

Holding hostage? What is wrong with some of you. The only people who would complain would be PC gamers, eg the equivalent of port begging. At the end of the day HZD on PC is still an outlier here, it's not like this is Sony's standard practice.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Post less with a fanboy mentality and post more about Bloodborne on PC, please. The PlayStation isn't going anywhere. Bloodborne is though.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm seeing some people get warned for saying this very thing in here - yet every time Xbox announced something like this, it's all I would see lol.
Really? I said the same thing but I didn't get a warning for it. What he said is true though, so I really don't get it. mS didn't deserve that flack back then if it's all good for Sony to be doing it

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
...Nothing is stopping you from getting these titles on PS4/5? If you're gonna claim your neuroticism between owning the best version of a game graphically vs having the ease of console experience is additional strain and that it being exclusive makes the choice for you, well, that's on you I'm afraid.
That wasn't my point at all. And I'm also not actually concerned, I'm just sharing the opposing view as to why some might not think this is "good news" as it relates to the future of gaming.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Sony going semi multiplatform faster than i thought .
Still it's was only a matter of time since by the end of next gen everything will be every where in some way .

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
If HZD isn't the only one and they open the gates for real they would get tons of negative PR for holding the games hostage on just one platform, it would be like having a 3 year timed exclusivity deal on every game, and people are angry even by timed exclusives on Epic Store :P
Sony PR statement: "Play selected PS4 exclusive games on PC" -> don´t think massive hate will follow this announcement

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Decent time to be a PC owener.

Also remember when everyone said 10 years ago PC gaming is dead?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Correction: Getting a percentage of 3rd party software revenue is their money maker. So why support a platform where they get exactly $0 from any 3rd party game sold? If people switch to PC because their exclusives are also on PC, Sony will earn less money, not more.

Consoles = at launch release, cheaper up front cost, ease of use
PCs= delayed release, higher up front cost, tinkering and better graphical fidelity/enhancements

MS still gets the same third party games as PS. They will be releasing a lot of their exclusives on PC. Exclusives aren't going away, neither are consoles. In the end the MS strategy is a good one. Lots of people on era claim ease of use, lower cost, playing on their couch, etc. as reasons they don't want pc. Those reasons aren't going away even if this move is real.

Gparan

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Lmao!!!!! Thanks for the laugh.
Honest question, how is that laughable? I haven't read the whole thread but I think putting old games on PC as a way of advertising new console exclusive games is a decent idea. I really don't think Sony will follow Microsoft with them putting their games on PC and console at the same time they simply need the sales of consoles to much for that to happen. Maybe the gap between console release and PC release will be shorter in the future but I don't think PC only ERA should count on it when it comes to Sonys first party developed games.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
only fanboy-ass fanboys think like that, though. Like, who cares. More options for people to play games. we ain't married to THE BRAND, that's some sad shit

ultimately I'm aware not having consoles dominate the market is a better environment for gaming. That being said if there are no more exclusives consoles get devalued and yes the playstation brand suffers.