• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I´d wait for the "custom ssd" thing that gets hyped.
But in general?
Minimum requirements: SSD (nvme).
Done.
I can't wait for the minimum specs to go up.

I hope this doesn't slow things down by continuing to make games that consider out-dated PCs too. That'd be worse than cross-gen only for 2 years and lockhart combined.

I imagine it won't be an issue, if games that make of use of the tech well are above and beyond on better hardware, it will happen naturally.
...right? :(

I'm not disagreeing with you! I don't want it to be locked behind a sub either, just thinking Sony's motives might be PS Now related. Certainly I'd expect them to try and keep the games within their ecosystem so a PlayStation launcher and store perhaps that ties in with PS Now.

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. I'd be absolutely fine with a playsation store launcher. As long as it's better than the Windows store (god damn that thing).

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I know that there always ppl with issues. I was pc only player for Gen 7, it was sometimes rough at the time and I missed on so much games. But modern pc gaming got alot better and almost everything is on pc. The games are cheaper as well. What's the downside at this point?

absolutely zero for the most part

Im certainly getting closer to making the PC leap with all these changes happening

Not saying the PS5 isn't enticing on paper but I would have much more access and save money if this becomes the new normal

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Bloodborne, GoW, TLOU, Uncharted, Persona, and more are already playable on PC (via PSNow). I don't care how dismissive of streaming you are.

The fact is this is the way things are going, and Sony (and MS) is trying to maximize profits and reach while the industry inevitably becomes hardware agnostic.

It isn't about being able to play them on a PC as they are on consoles. The whole point of playing these games on a PC is that the PC can do higher resolution, framerates, better graphics and offers more input methods.

If they let From Software port Bloodborne to PC I would be the first one to buy it and run it at 120 fps.

Horizon was already pretty great on PS4 Pro, the only thing it was missing was gyro aim - yet another game that was perfect for that.

I'm all for being able to choose whatever platform you feel is best and not have to make decisions based on what is available for each of them. They are ultimately all just PCs now in terms of hardware so there isn't a huge reason for games to be limited to one platform.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna say Dreams (content creation would benefit from pc controls) and all their VR games would probably benefit most from getting PC ports.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
lol @ the people who think Sony will lose identity or money because less people will buy consoles now. Like MS, Sony don't want to sell you consoles but their $10/month service.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
What if they introduce their very own PC store front, with all their exclusives as a trigger?

I'm sure their long term plan is this.
Launch that and have every exclusive game in there that's 3 years old or older. Keep every game released in the last 3 years console exclusive.
If it's something like this, smart strategy for sure.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Right. But I'm saying it must make sense whether or not you and I see why, because Sony and Microsoft have much smarter business people than you or I hired at their companies and they've clearly come to the conclusion that this will be more profitable than continuing to keep things exclusive.
I don't have to accept the premise that they're smarter, because we've seen these companies make some colossally stupid mistakes over the years, so we'll have to wait and see about this decision.

Also, there is a big difference between putting your games on PC day one, and porting them 3 years later, so Microsoft and Sony still have very different strategies going in here.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
My guess is that they're putting the first game so those who enjoy it might be enticed to play the second one and boost sales given that there's a certain risk of launch a game exclusive at launch. They'll probably do that for some of their other titles if this is only the start. Release old games which sales aren't getting better and try getting audience as testing and most of these titles are single player which don't really add value to PS+ but also because they still get full priced revenue on a different platform.

Pretty good news otherwise. Horizon is an amazing game that is absolutely stunning to look at.

Oct 27, 2017
This would be huge if true. This is one of Sony's biggest exclusives of the generation and I could see others like Uncharted or God of War possibly making their way over in its wake.

On the other hand this could be a Decima-specific motion and if that's the case I'd like to see Until Dawn get ported to PC. That game was fantastic but really struggled on PS4 and I'd love to see it get a new lease of life on PC.

Jason has said more are expected, and the Russian leaker has said that PS5 devs he's spoken to have been told by Sony to "keep PC in mind".

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
What if this is just Kojima Productions porting HZD as part of the deal to use the Decima engine in DS and not indicative of anything more?

Until we hear an official word it's all baseless speculation either way.

I just hope Sony is clear about the messaging here.

IE: "We plan to release our first party games consistently 3 years after they release"

Or: "HZD is a one time release and we have no plans for future PC releases of first party titles"
Lol

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So much concern trolling in here. In no world is this not a good thing. More people that get access to their games the better. Way too many damn people loyal to a brand and who cares if the exclusives are on other platforms. They'll still be on PS and you can still play them there.

PooWithEyes

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
User banned (5 days): trolling
Maybe they'll make a good game soon and put that on PC too

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
What if this is just Kojima Productions porting HZD as part of the deal to use the Decima engine in DS and not indicative of anything more?

Until we hear an official word it's all baseless speculation either way.

I just hope Sony is clear about the messaging here.

IE: "We plan to release our first party games consistently 3 years after they release"

Or: "HZD is a one time release and we have no plans for future PC releases of first party titles"

I can guarantee there won't be any clear messaging. Sony will still want people to play on PlayStation first and then get double dippers and fence sitters with a delayed PC release.

It'll be "we have no plans to release on other platforms" until the day they are announced, as they have been doing already.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea why people say this. Of course it is. If Sony released all their games on PC on day 1, it would dramatically impact ps5 sales. Releasing a 3 year old game is not going to have that affect, but releasing them all would.

But this is great news. Horizon is an awesome game and I'm glad more people get to play it.
Even though people here often state that PS4 + PC is the ultimate combo I doubt that's how it looks outside the core bubble, if I would take a wild guess it would be that maybe 5% of all PS4 owners have a capable gaming PC as well, and even if Sony could potentially lose those customers I would guess that Sony are still happy for the increased sales of games to all the new PC customers.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's a good call. The game has been out almost 3 years and with the PS4/generation winding down it makes sense if there is money to be made.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I'd commit several small crimes to get Bloodborne on PC, but I'm not holding my breath. Neither should you, I think.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
I have no idea why people say this. Of course it is. If Sony released all their games on PC on day 1, it would dramatically impact ps5 sales. Releasing a 3 year old game is not going to have that affect, but releasing them all would.

But this is great news. Horizon is an awesome game and I'm glad more people get to play it.
Hell, even Sony mentioned once that PC is a competing platform. I think they say that when they announced the Pro or around that time.

ShaiKhulud

Oct 27, 2017
Kazan, Russia
I mean, someone is really thinking that the people will migrate to $1500-$2000 platform with OS/Drivers/Upgrade hassle and not simply buy $500 box for games?

Mind you, most popular Console titles are by far CoD, FIFA and Assassin's Creed. All are avaliable for PC from day-one since forever.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
If they only have their exclusives I don't see a point. Why not just release on steam? Or do you want to bundle it with a psn account?
What makes you think that they cannot have third party content on their store just like epic or steam? They can even have crossbuy strategy or psnow just like ms has third party content on GP

Zonnes

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2019
if this is true, then why didn't they publish Death Stranding on PC? why give it to 505?

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I do hope this means future games will at least come out on PC much sooner.
If not, I have no problem with the delay as I'll get it on console anyway.

First two games I bought on consoles in decades was GoW and this.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
You can thank Microsoft for leading the way. This is great for developers. More money for everyone. Bloodborne incoming to PC!!!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, didn't expect that! Good news for PC gamers. Hope it doesn't limit future PS5 releases in any way though. Forget about PC gamers who don't have SSD drives or comparable hardware lol.