• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The twist: Epic Games Exclusive ;)
Lets see if the narrative will change in Year 2.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Why are we treating this as a fact, again?

I for one didn't believe it for one minute. We've had this rumour floating around for a while and nothing came out of it... why would the Kotaku (of all things) sources be right this time around?

It's an awful move for Sony to make right on the eve of a new console reveal if true, though. I mean, "here's my box, the only place where you'll be able to play my content, but also here's me releasing my content on another platform."

"Kotaku of all things" lmao Jason Schrier is the most prominent American gaming journalist right now

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
great news. Wasn't a huge fan of the game even tho I 100% it, but hope this is just the beginning and we see more games following suit in the future.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Why are we treating this as a fact, again?

I for one didn't believe it for one minute. We've had this rumour floating around for a while and nothing came out of it... why would the Kotaku (of all things) sources be right this time around?

It's an awful move for Sony to make right on the eve of a new console reveal if true, though. I mean, "here's my box, the only place where you'll be able to play my content, but also here's me releasing my content on another platform."
Not so awful, as this is a 3 year old game. Detroit Being Human and especially Death Stranding have much shorter turn arounds for pc release. All Sony has to do in the future is be consistent with the delay to PC, make it a 1 year delay or so. People who really want to play Spiderman 2 or FF7 Part 2 or whatever aren't going to want to wait that long to play. The main strategy that seems odd to me is Microsoft simultaneous release, except that they are all about pushing Game Pass instead of a platform.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
This game is 3 years old. I'm not sure why you're acting like it's a new game, or even a PS5 game. And you wonder why Sony doesn't put all their games on PC. It's because people like you will always use this "logic."

I have no problem waiting several years for a game to release on PC.

There are already more PC exclusives coming out in 2020 than I can possibly handle.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see how beneficial it is for MS to put their games on PC, but what do Sony get aside from software sales?

If the PS5 is BC with PS4 then they wouldn't have the option to do a remaster for it, so they wouldn't gain any sales from it for PS5 since most people who wants to play it in a PS platform already have it (the game is actually bundled with the console). So releasing the PC version could expand its market.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
So happy about this. My PS4 Pro broke down while playing it and I was waiting to play it on PS5. I'll just play it now on PC.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game this summer and still haven't got around to playing it on my Pro. At this point, I'll just wait for the PC release so that I can play at a higher FPS, since I know the PS4 version is capped at 30.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
You know, a LOT of people really don't want a pc.
Why, o why are 90% of the people here on ERA so black-white minded.

Simply staggering.

Right? And it is contradictory. We have things like "comfy couch, too much tinkering, driver issues, price, bad ports, hackers, don't like K/B" here on Era, but at the same time some people don't seem to grasp that quite a number would not go PC only and would still get most games on consoles.

Anyway. Nice surprise, hoping to be true.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Funny how bringing exclusives to other hardware is pro-consumer all of a sudden. Good shit Sony keep it up.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I don't understand why anyone would think this is bad. More people can play a game now. H:ZD had its exclusive moment, its console selling pull. Now other people can enjoy the game. Which grows the IP and gives Sony a nice little extra income too.

Sure, I wish they would put the games on Steam too (as I think MS should put their games on the EGS too), but you can't have everything I guess.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Extremely disappointing to me if true.

One of the few people who like exclusives. I would much prefer to buy multiple systems and have each one feel unique and memorable.

Come on bruh. What a waste of money, don't forget all those subscriptions to play online for the whole gen too.

You could put that into a killer GPU. Or two. Upgrade more often etc. Don't need to have so many damn boxes and pro versions for the same thing.

If this is the way forward, this is fantastic. The consoles will still exist and be played by the masses.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
It never even got a Pro update, so probably very slim.
Unless Sony is going all out on PC publishing, I would guess that's a function of whether Sony has a 'Bloodborne 2' coming up soon on PS5.

(And whether this experiment with Horizon, if that's what it is, delivered what they want)
This Horizon news got me unnecessary hyped for something that's most unlikely to happen, but... we have to dream. ):

Solrac

Nov 4, 2017
Bye Playstation 5.

You can throw me all the hate you want, but this is clearly a test from sony, if this sells good, all next "exclusive" AAA will eventually be on pc.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Sony is really not doing a good job of making an argument for why people should invest in their consoles moving forward. If everything's just gonna be on PC eventually, neither Playstation or Xbox need to exist.

I really don't understand the business model here at all, especially when exclusives have always been THE reason to buy a PS machine.

PCs are expensive and most people have no need for them in their lives.

Enthusiasts, professionals doing real work. That is what PCs are for. Consoles were always about economic option and accessibility so much that we see a lot of comments even here about consoles being more than $500 would be a pass to a lot of people while that is like price of a single high end PC component.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The multi-storefront future is certainly better than the multi-console present. Just need streaming tech to improve a bit and for ISPs to stop holding us back.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Awesome if true. I really dug the game but kind of drifted away and never really got back into it.

The thought of turning on my jet engine/toaster pro for more than an hour to actually play it didn't really help either. This should be good for all.

Maybe EGS exclusive?

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Would love to see them do this. I adore Horizon.

Hopefully this will happen more and more with Sony.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know, a LOT of people really don't want a pc.
Why, o why are 90% of the people here on ERA so black-white minded.

Simply staggering.

I mean loosing core gamers will hurt their bases in a big way.

I can help everyone on my ps friendlist to build a pc and assisting with other stuff.

It's s no brainer with Xbox games on pc, ps games on pc and no +/live.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow how anti-consumer of Sony lol

Cool stuff. If we're setting a trend, might just stick with PC next gen. Would be easier on my wallet for sure.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It does make me wonder what Sony's strategy is here.

Will they throw out games at random to PC (like this), will they port games once the reach a certain age (2 years?) and have stopped selling, will they start releasing games on PC near or at launch? I'm sure even they don't really know yet, but it's making the decision to get a PS5 harder. Hopefully they go all in like MS and release day and date on PC however unlikely that is.