• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
This is pretty awesome, since it's a great game and more people should (and will be able to) play it.
It does make me wonder though, if they start doing this for other games, and on a shorter time frame, I might not even buy a console and just stick with my pc.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
As long as the rule is 2+ years after PlayStation release for first party games then whatever.

But if it's less than that then this is going to be a problem.
I think it's going to be similarly. Considering Horizon would be three years old by the time a port was released, I wouldn't be shocked if it was three years. So, God of War wouldn't come to PC until another year. I could honestly see Uncharted 4 coming to PC as the next title, if this is true.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They really won't. Have you seen PC prices recently? And have you met average Joe gamer? The complexity...you need to have someone hired full time just tweaking your settings.

Nothing of this is true. Getting a rig close to ps5 and xbx won't be that expensive and the tweaking srsly isn't an issue either. You can press a button for best settings for your rig.

With exclusives gone their isn't a reason for consoles to exist anymore. I don't care for timed exclusive and if Sony think that's enough they are crazy 😂.

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be getting a PS5 if this is the direction they're moving in. My ps4 already collects dust at my gf's house

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
People asking "Why?", but the better question to ask is "Why not?".

Game has released 3 years ago and it most likely achieved what it wanted to achieve on PS4. Now it's time to sell a few extra copies on PC, so others can enjoy it, as well. This is only a good thing and some people really need to learn this.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
The fucking future...I guess I'm not gonna be looking so crazy when I said Sony games gonna come to PSNow...just like how I said MS games were gonna come to GamePass...

As I said...I'm in the future...waiting for yall to catch up.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Damn, im gonna stop playing this game on my PS4 pro then. I can play it on my PC in ultrawide, higher resolution and 60fps using my steam controller and gyro. This game screams gyro when i play it.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
My Skyrim 200+ mod setup is going to look so dated, especially combat. Boy if HZD is moddable to allow for more graphical mods, and gameplay changes... my goodness.

Skyrim modded (unmodded is too ugly to post at the same time as Horizon. Maybe SE is ok but eh)
eUPicgl.jpg

0vWvcY2.jpg

Horizon
SAOe8cJ.jpg

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a very smart move.

Putting these type of games on PC years after they have been released on console is a win-win.

They should put the OG Last of us and the Nathen Drake collection on PC next. And of course, you hope this gets people to buy a PS5 to play the next instalment.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
So I guess all I need is a PC now huh?
LOL.

Times are changing. Good for Sony. This is a great move.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
1. They're doing the engine work already due to Death Stranding PC port. This is essentially free money for them.
2. Horizon 2 is likely just about to be announced for the PS5. This will bring in new fans.
Yeah, I guess if it's just a one off thing, sure.

But aren't they also going to create the expectation that people should just expect Playstation exclusives to come to PC in the future? It seems unlikely to me that this is a one off event.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing of this is true. Getting a rig close to ps5 and xbx won't be that expensive and the tweaking srsly isn't an issue either. You can press a button for best settings for your rig.

With exclusives gone their isn't a reason for consoles to exist anymore. I don't care for timed exclusive and if Sony think that's enough they are crazy 😂.

He is exaggerating, but so are you. PC is still nowhere near as convenient as consoles.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Release HZD on PC to get PC gamers interested in the franchise enough to buy a PS5 with HZD2 at launch.

If this is their strategy, it's bad. PC enthusiasts are PC enthusiasts for reasons other than exclusive games. Performance and customization matter and you lose both with consoles. PC users will be more likely to just wait for another possible port of HZD2.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, sad to see both Microsoft and Sony forced to go third party but I guess not everyone can hang in the big leagues like Nintendo

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean I can delay my PS5 purchase until Spiderman 2 and the next GoW? I'm sure Horizon 2 will be delayed for pc release, but I can wait for the better experience.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i'm guessing this has to do with the Decima engine? seeing as Death Stranding is getting a port, they might have seen to porting another game using the engine.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't Jason even mention the first insider thanks to whom he probably started digging this up?

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
If they start releasing "exclusives" on PC at the same time I'm just gonna upgrade mine

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Lmao fanboys are hurt. For real though this is great for everyone and how it should be, enjoy pc players. Man i hope this continues. Everyone should get to play great games.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess in the future, they will do the same thing as Microsoft with a Sony client on Windows and putting games on PS Now/Epic/Steam/GOG(?) while keeping console alive. Ecosystem would be the main thing for Sony and Microsoft so it makes sense for Sony to start the transition.

They would have their own Windows 10 launcher or a Playstation app where you can log in with your account and manage your game library.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I bet I'd probably enjoy this game with a functional FOV and 60 fps. Lucky PC owners.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leads me to believe Horizon will make launch for PS5. Great way to drive the sales of PS5. A lot of folks will be playing this game for the first time and might not want to wait another 3 years until the sequel reaches PC (if it does)
Yeah the way that I hope Sony plays this is not mention a PC release for any of their first party games until 2+ years after they come out. That way people can't feel like they can just wait for a PC version.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Horizon, so this is cool to see. It's great that more people will get the chance to play it. Really interested in seeing what it looks like on PC.

It's hard for me to make sense of why Sony would want to do this.

Money dude, sell the game to a whole new audience. I'm pretty sure the sales for Horizon are exhausted on PS4 for the most part.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Huh ... cool. Definitely a solid get for people who haven't had a chance to play it yet. Gorgeous & stunning game, ok combat.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Horizon is not coming to PC. Nor is Days Gone. Nor is God of War. Nothing is staring anyone in the face. You're trying to use a irrelevant person who has 0 track record to make some point about 'Not being new news" so much so, that not a single reputable gaming website or journalist is backing it or even reporting it, because it's nonsense. You're just trying to stress a baseless point from absolutely no evidence whatsoever. This topic's point is also reactionary based on this entire spoon of BS. So it's not going to age well. I guarantee you.

Guarantee huh.

I'm like 99.9% certain they're trying to pass themselves off as an insider too. Surely this is worth calling out. It's like one of like 100 from them too.