• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
me RUSHING to the ebic games store when bloodborne pc is revealed and it's an egs exclusive

jOgyDdT.gif
It'll happen someday, believe ;_;

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I'm not sure the timing of this is great for business. It will make pc gamers hesitate over the need for a ps5.

Ive been pc/ps4/wiiu/switch this gen. If games start coming out day and date, I wouldn't see the need for a ps5.

I wonder if they will go while hog into this, or just drop a few games kind of as teasers: "this is the quality of our first party, if you want to play any more of them, buy a PlayStation!"

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
If Sony really does begin to transition to releasing their exclusives on PC then I'll never own a console again. Give me Spiderman next please!

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
60fps!
Playable with Xbox Controller prompts (presumably).
What a time to be alive.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Jason the ultimate troll.

Good news he says. Well it is....depending on your point of view.

Pc players can now start to enjoy sie games. But the concern that it makes the console playstation brand weaker by following ms into a territory that takes away incentive to invest in a ps5 will now be a thing.

Im frankly of two minds about it. Nintendo is the last hold out now. Will they ever do it?
This shouldn't be bad news for anyone, really, the game has been out for 3 years now and it makes sense to port it to PC where it'll find a new audience and sales, now that it's past its prime and won't affect consoles sales that much. I can see this being part of Sony's strategy going forward, maybe not all their games, but some.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool I guess that more people can play it but it's a puzzling move from Sony. Why release on other platforms when your games move so many units?

strange considering they have one of the stronger selling first party libraries. Maybe just late ports? I get why Xbox is doing it, the ceiling on their first party sales were lower and they're a software and services company (Microsoft) but Sony is weird. Like via Ps Now I can get, on other platforms, but first party exclusives natively ported is weird imo. Good for everyone but strange.

I doubt they plan on making PS5 only first party games multiplatform
Or could it be that MS was ahead of the curve and saw where the future of gaming was heading with ecosystems and multiple ways of accessing it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Release HZD on PC to get PC gamers interested in the franchise enough to buy a PS5 with HZD2 at launch.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So I guess in the future, they will do the same thing as Microsoft with a Sony client on Windows and putting games on PS Now/Epic/Steam/GOG(?) while keeping console alive. Ecosystem would be the main thing for Sony and Microsoft so it makes sense for Sony to start the transition.

Oct 25, 2017
man and i just bought it this christmas for PS4 lmao

gonna wait for the pc version and double dip. Hopefully this mean more games in the future. Bloodborne on PC would be fucking GLORIOUS.

Calling this shot: EGS exclusive. I don't think this is part of any strategy outside of taking as much money off Epic as possible. I'll be genuinely shocked if this gets a Steam release this year.

The article says it's planned for PC too

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Great news and I hope Sony continue to put their games on PC. No reason they can't appear on PC down the line after they have had the full exposure, hype and sales on the PS4/PS5.

Really hope this is an open announcement though and not some bullshit store exclusive nonsense. It's 2020 I want some basic fucking features in my games.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo consoles still good.

The one platform that could really use some horsepower. Imagine BOTW on a 2080Ti (or hell, a PS4 Pro).

Anyhow, as a primarily PS4 gamer I think this is great and smart. Doesn't leave PC gaming as uncontested space for Microsoft. Doesn't take anything away from me, and anyhow this year is most probably "new PC" year.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Microsoft proved the audience who want consoles won't go to PC.

Meanwhile, a subset of players want uncompromised performance and are willing to buy a PC to get it, and forego a console regardless of the exclusives.

This is a win for everyone. Sony gets a new market and I have no doubt the long term plan is to bring PSN services to PC ala Xbox Live. More people get to play games they otherwise wouldn't.

Fanboys may be cross, but they will still be able to buy a PlayStation and play those games. I don't see what has materially changed so long as they can carry on playing those games on PlayStation consoles.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
That polish guy is two out of two Horizon and Death Stranding even if Death Stranding was already announced .

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Honestly pretty easy to call this one after the Death Stranding confirmation. Same engine and all that.

I don't think this means Sony is going to start putting everything on PC, though. And if it's all EGS exclusive, then it's not all that great for us anyway.

Why stop at 60? 144hz or bust.

My GTX 1080 won't get the sweet 120 or 144 fps.. but of course I hope it's unclocked framerate.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good to me. It's an awesome game. If Playstation released all their games on PC I would just own a PC like I'm doing for Xbox and Game Pass. A Playstation is worth it because, quite frankly, they have the best games of all time exclusive to the system but if I can play them on PC it would just make the most sense to have one system that can do it all. I would just convert it to a more couch friendly setup because it's more office-y right now.

Put it on Xbox, you cowards!

Phil did promise that they would have more first party games on their system. He never said which first party.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Death stranding and Horzion Zero Dawn may be the start of something new. I'd like to see more of this.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Lol.
"Makes the playstation brand weaker"
First: Who cares ?
Second: People buying consoles will still buy consoles.

I'll tell you what: If exclusives stopped existing, people would still buy X platform because "I prefer their controller" "My friends are there" "My library is there". Heck, you already have people saying "I don't want to play on PC cause it's not convenient" "I prefer the Playstation brand" and such.

Lol.

I bought a ps4. Doesn't that make me a person that buys console ?

If they port their exclusives to PC I am not buying a ps5.

I can use a controller a PC (like I have been doing for the past 15 years...), the library is steam and gigantic, and many games are getting crossplay now that sony allowed it so the "friends" thing won't apply next gen anywhere as much.

Clearly the exclusives are going to matter then and if they're all on PC we have little reason to get a console.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Wow Bloodborne PC actually has a chance then

(inb4 "portbegging", literally can't play cause frame-pacing issues are too disorienting)

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jason the ultimate troll.

Good news he says. Well it is....depending on your point of view.

Pc players can now start to enjoy sie games. But the concern that it makes the console playstation brand weaker by following ms into a territory that takes away incentive to invest in a ps5 will now be a thing.

Im frankly of two minds about it. Nintendo is the last hold out now. Will they ever do it?
I mean, I don't see how this affects the average gamer considering they don't see any of the profits the company and the brand make?

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Leads me to believe Horizon will make launch for PS5. Great way to drive the sales of PS5. A lot of folks will be playing this game for the first time and might not want to wait another 3 years until the sequel reaches PC (if it does)

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Great move by Sony. Glad they're following MS' lead. I'll still get a PS5 day one but it's awesome they're letting others enjoy their output. Horizon is probably just a way to test the waters but I expect more soon. We know MLB the show is going to be on different platforms too. The gaming world is shifting in a good way.

I wonder what enhancements it will have on PC and whether these improvements will come to the PS5 via a patch.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
This news makes me wonder if Horizon 2 will be on PC at launch. Especially since some are going to hold out for a PC version now with this news.

Making early, big AAA PS5 games PS5-only isn't wise in terms of setting those games up for success (i.e.: sequels) in my opinion. It's fine to not to put them on PS4, but those early AAA games shouldn't be on just a $400+ console with a low userbase in this day & age in my opinion.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is Good. I played it first time in a hurry so now I can spend much more time on the PC version.
And I think now I am convinced of PC + PS5 setup , as there is possibility of playing the PC version later down the road.
Obviously can't wait 3-4 years to play GOW 2 so have to buy PS5 for that. but I think overall this is good.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
My guess is they want to release Horizon right before PS5 launch to hype PC gamers for Horizon 2 on PS5.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent news! As long as it doesn't get a delayed launch on Steam I'll be there day 1.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
This is amazing!. I wonder what will this mean for the Decima engine in the future. Since it seems it works well on PC, maybe some other Sony studios will use it for the PS5.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's funny how some of the early in the thread said that they were wondering what Sony fans thought about yet I see some pretty annoying PC comments.

I'm super happy if it's coming and hope it's on every digital platform or else no go if EGS exclusive.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Question is what does it mean for first party development as it shifts to PS5. Are all PS5 first party titles going to be launched on PC simultaneously or will there be a timed exclusivity?

Depending on their plan, I guess I'll have one more reason to invest in PC and a less to own a PS5.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Decima engine doing work for PC! This is great news and it makes sense for Sony to release their "older" titles on PC, maybe their plan is to release them a few years after they've been available on console so they get a new breath of fresh air and sales.
It'd be a very smart move for sure, their games aren't the leggiest