• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not gunna but it, but if this is a sign of things to come, then I am super happy.

I really hope I don't have to buy a console next gen (unless it's Nintendo) and just stick with PC

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now we just have Nintendo left to jump ship....
They are ahead of the curve!
maxresdefault.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nice

Remember everyone doubted Antonio Fucito for saying this despite him calling Death Stranding's release date and the fact that it was coming to PC (alongside me and many others). Real glad this is coming to PC though, I've been meaning to play it for ages.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I have this gut feeling that Death Stranding and Horizon were decided to be ported to PC together, as they both run on the Decima Engine and members of Horizon's team helped make Death Stranding. Like maybe they negotiated something with Sony together?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Sony gradually moving their development teams to PC. Interesting. I suspect it has to do with future game streaming. If they want to use multiple cloud vendors like AWS and Azure, PC compatability is the best option. And well, Amazon and Microsoft are not going to put someone else's hardware like a PlayStation in their own datacenters.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Makes sense. With Death Stranding being built in Decima, there's really no reason not to. Sony could be using these as a marketing push for PC devs to use Decima, I wonder.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Welp. Wasn't expecting that.

Great for those who haven't played it. Not sure if I'll replay it myself, 60fps sounds great but while I loved it, it doesn't have that much replay value IMO.

That said... if this opens the gate for Bloodborne on PC... I will lose my shit

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Damn. That's awesome. I've literally had an unopened copy for PS4 sitting here and I was just thinking of finally starting it up. I spend most of my game time on PC so never got to it. Now I guess I will wait for this to experience at better quality.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Sony fanboys on twitter will go crazy over this.

Imo this is a good move as more people get to play it.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
No ps5 for meeeeee.
Death stranding could be explained, because independent developer and they negotiated it in the initial deal.
This though? Everything coming to pc now. Hell yeah. Draft your tweets.

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019
buT Y woUld I neEd a PlaYStation

great news for all great game , HDR really made it a standout for me so be interesting as that's something pf still struggles with

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like is Sony are going down this path, it's worth making their own store for PC games and offering cross-buy.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
They should port games like 2+ years later, like nobody buys this game (which is even free** on psnow or has been very very cheap) or the console for it anymore so might as well start selling it to potentially new audiences that could buy into the sequel later on the console. It makes a lot of sense, they should port uncharted, god of war and others too but I am guessing they went with this because they ported the tools to PC for Death Stranding.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
Now if they really wanna get crazy, they'd release the PlayStation launcher, and all your games would carry over. :D