• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
surprised there isn't a thread about this. i have to wait an hour in the queue so i'm expecting nothing.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Best of luck to people who missed out on earlier preorders and received this invite.

Hopefully the queue is just to prevent site crashes and everyone invited will be able to get one.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
I was bummed I didn't get one. No big deal I got mine already and even though I new it wasn't guaranteed I was hoping I would get picked. But I'm sure I'm nowhere close to top spender if that mattered at all and if it was lottery it appears I used up all my luck at Walmart and target lmao

OP
OP
smurfx

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was bummed I didn't get one. No big deal I got mine already and even though I new it wasn't guaranteed I was hoping I would get picked. But I'm sure I'm nowhere close to top spender if that mattered at all and if it was lottery it appears I used up all my luck at Walmart and target lmao
i don't think how much you spend or how much you game either really matters because if that was the case i wouldn't have gotten picked.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
not everybody that signed up for the pre orders got an email back from sony.
I never signed up for anything. It said something about being a PSN member, so here's your chance to get a PS5, or something close to that.

Down to 5 minutes. It definitely isn't the full wait time listed.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Got in after 25 minutes and ordered the digital edition, extra controller, charging station, and pulse headset

RedgraveZX

Nov 14, 2017
I just got in after 48 minutes and it's saying both Disc and Digital are sold out. Here's to hoping for another batch of pre-orders.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I got in and ordered direct from Sony. Launch day delivery. We'll see how this goes.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Just preordered mine!

Was originally thinking Digital Edition because over 90% of my games are digital and honestly will probably be almost all digital on PS5. But then I remembered I do still have several physical PS4 games from before I started buying digital, so I went with the $500 version.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The site actually held on to your order if you refresh it

But yeah, maybe it's a Sony website thing but if you order there, make sure you know what your billing address exactly is.

OP
OP
smurfx

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
btw i got a second email from sony telling me that they still have some consoles left. i went back into the queue and they still had the disc ps5 left. you can still get in there guys in case you couldn't earlier today.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Is this a purchase direct from Sony situation? I'm still curious as to how and why they did it this way given that they already opened up pre-ordered in other places.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a purchase direct from Sony situation? I'm still curious as to how and why they did it this way given that they already opened up pre-ordered in other places.
This was straight up from their store and they are doing it as cleanly as they can, knowing what a clusterfuck would have been had they not done a ticket system